Remember Jocke's Comfort Club? Tuesday 1st June trial run...

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
It wasn't anything to do with wearing slippers or a well used pair of jeans. It was all about letting a car's dynamics flow through your control system directly back to the Moss/Ascari/Senna etc sitting in the middle of your grey matter craving driving fun and shoulder to shoulder racing shenanigans.

So, it with memories of Jocke's greatest creation in mind that I'm going to run a little series using these three comfort friendly little beauties:

Fairlady Z (33) '07

180SX '96

Silvia (S13) '90.

There will be a power cap of 270BHP and each will be required to weigh at least 1287kg, and they'll wear C/S tyres. The Fairlady is the quickest, and Silvia the least fast around any given track. Therefore, the Fairlady will only be available to the two drivers who have the lowest results of the series, and the two who are at the opposite end of the score sheets will be confined to the Silvia. Winning with that car certainly won't be impossible, but it will require one hell of an effort

There will be two short and one longer race each meeting, the longer race featuring strong fuel/tyre use and one (or perhaps two) compulsory pitstops.

Circuits will be Alsace, Maggiore GP, Dragon's Trail and Brands GP.

We'll meet at 8:00pm BST on Tuesdays, with a shakedown/test evening on 1st June to test the waters.

That's the basics, tuning will be banned, as will T/C, and any other assist where the car drives itself to some degree, although ABS will be allowed. Driving standards are, anything below being a twonk is okay. Twonks will be politely asked to leave.

Okay, so, if you fancy it, pop your name on the list, and get a bit of practice in. See you (sort of) on Tuesday. Oh, one last thing, liveries. Your car must be visible... Yep, that's it, done.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
I'll be in whenever I can, although that might not be often because I'm not as fit for late night racing as I used to be and that's a 4AM meeting...
Anyways,
Psn: gkgamer

Okay fellas, that's it, we're nearly full :)

I'm looking forward to racing Dragon's Trail against people who don't park it up on the exit to the fast chicane like the AI guys do.

@buybon355 @Sutsagrd @Famine you fellas up for this?

Cheers, Zo.

a shakedown/test evening on 27th April
Might either have to sit this one out or go with the controller as, during a strange discussion with my wife about the relative fees charged by prostitutes for various services, I pulled a back muscle.

Might either have to sit this one out or go with the controller as, during a strange discussion with my wife about the relative fees charged by prostitutes for various services, I pulled a back muscle.
Hi Famine. You beat me to the punch fella. Given the lukewarm reception it would seem that this format isn't attracting enough attention to create a viable meeting. Comfort Club racing cancelled, until there's a massive uptake...

@Lazybike @gkgamer sorry chaps, I just seem to like things that very few others do... and then there's my taste in racing :)

Cheers, Zo.

It wasn't anything to do with wearing slippers or a well used pair of jeans. It was all about letting a car's dynamics flow through your control system directly back to the Moss/Ascari/Senna etc sitting in the middle of your grey matter craving driving fun and shoulder to shoulder racing shenanigans.

So, it with memories of Jocke's greatest creation in mind that I'm going to run a little series using these three comfort friendly little beauties:

Fairlady Z (33) '07

180SX '96

Silvia (S13) '90.

There will be a power cap of 270BHP and each will be required to weigh at least 1287kg, and they'll wear C/S tyres. The Fairlady is the quickest, and Silvia the least fast around any given track. Therefore, the Fairlady will only be available to the two drivers who have the lowest results of the series, and the two who are at the opposite end of the score sheets will be confined to the Silvia. Winning with that car certainly won't be impossible, but it will require one hell of an effort

There will be two short and one longer race each meeting, the longer race featuring strong fuel/tyre use and one (or perhaps two) compulsory pitstops.

Circuits will be Alsace, Maggiore GP, Dragon's Trail and Brands GP.

We'll meet at 8:00pm BST on Tuesdays, with a shakedown/test evening on 27th April, in preparation for the series start on 11th May.

That's the basics, tuning will be banned, as will T/C, and any other assist where the car drives itself to some degree, although ABS will be allowed. Driving standards are, anything below being a twonk is okay. Twonks will be politely asked to leave.

Okay, so, if you fancy it, pop your name on the list, and get a bit of practice in. See you (sort of) on Tuesday. Oh, one last thing, liveries. Your car must be visible... Yep, that's it, done.

Cheers, Zo.

I'm really sorry Zo but I’ve only just come across this.

I haven’t signed into GTplanet in the last 2 weeks and couldn’t play anyway as managed to acquire a hand infection from nowhere!? Anyway better now and happy to race.
If you feel like trying to start this again I’ll be up for it.
:cheers:

If you feel like trying to start this again I’ll be up for it.
Cheers Suts, I don't mind having another run at it, I honestly think that it'd make for great racing. Having said that, it's had well over 200 views (I think) with very few of those people appreciating its potential.

@Lazybike @Famine @gkgamer Do you think that you might have people on your friends list who might be partial to this sort of shenanigans? I'll spam some of my friends on PSN.

I'll project a date of Tuesday 1st June for a shakedown. You never know...

Cheers, Zo.

Cheers Suts, I don't mind having another run at it, I honestly think that it'd make for great racing. Having said that, it's had well over 200 views (I think) with very few of those people appreciating its potential.

@Lazybike @Famine @gkgamer Do you think that you might have people on your friends list who might be partial to this sort of shenanigans? I'll spam some of my friends on PSN.

I'll project a date of Tuesday 1st June for a shakedown. You never know...

Cheers, Zo.
I came across this thread this morning and I thought it was a shame that it got canceled. I'd be interested in giving this a try during the summer months!

I can't be present for the shakedown but by June 8th (if everything goes well) I'll be able to take part in this!

In my opinion, the idea has potential and we surely can have a bit of fun on Tuesdays. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back