Remember the song and it's lyrics ? GAMEMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 198 comments
  • 8,854 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all these ideas. The more the game evolves, the more interesting it will become. Here's a question: what to do if we choose an artist week and we go through so many songs that we start running out? Should it be up to who started the week or to who got the last answer, what to do? Something to think about should we ever reach that point.
 
I was just thinking that if someone pulls out a well known artist than they would receive points for stumping the crowd.
Otherwise people will start posting random songs from artists that had one album 20 years ago that no one has even heard of.
That's why I said song, not artist. I say if it's played on the radio, it's fair game. If I have to have the disc/album to know it, maybe it shouldn't count.
I like all these ideas. The more the game evolves, the more interesting it will become. Here's a question: what to do if we choose an artist week and we go through so many songs that we start running out? Should it be up to who started the week or to who got the last answer, what to do? Something to think about should we ever reach that point.
Or we don't go with a time frame but a certain number of songs? Say [Best DJ voice]Five in a row from...[/DJ] might do the trick.
 
I was thinking at most 2.That way there is a reward, but not one that could put someone way out ahead.

I was just thinking that if someone pulls out a well known artist than they would receive points for stumping the crowd.
Otherwise people will start posting random songs from artists that had one album 20 years ago that no one has even heard of.

I know of songs that I have the albums of that I'm sure I could stump everyone on.

OK ,lets do 2 bonus points for a stumper (PARAGONS idea) thats cool.👍
how about the time frame guys / girls ? 2 days from time of posting until a new one gets posted sound ok ? I will make a seperate column for identifying bonus points on page 1 of this thread,1st post. Your bonus points will be included on your overall total.

I think that we all know songs that the others do not know , whether it be rock,country,metal,oldie,new wave,rap. I think it should be open to the forum for a discussion if it is questionable. THOUGHTS ?

How about the weekly idea , genres , artists , etc. ? THOUGHTS on this ? or do we stay as we are ?

It's open for changes , anymore input is greatly appreciated. (thanks already for this current input 👍)
 
I like the idea.

Who would go after a stumped song? the original poster or would we go alphabetically?
 
I think the original poster who stumped everyone should go, but with a condition that the next song be one people will get. That way it doesn't lead to: A) the poster continually racking up bonus points and B) a run of stumpers by everyone.
 
So once you stump people you have to give everyone a handicap. how would said handicap be decided? must be a by a band with N albums that reached N on some billboard?

while we discuss this we could get a new song mebbe?
 
I wouldn't put it exactly like that. I don't mean it needs to be super easy, just something not with the intent of stumping people on purpose. It's another thing that we can address when it arises.

Paragon is up. We'll give him some time to decide what direction he wants to take the week or next # of songs.
 
I'll post up the next song this evening. Don't have time to dig one up at the moment as I'm in the final minutes of my lunch, and have to get back to work again.
 
This is waaaay more important than work!
 
Here's a question: what to do if we choose an artist week and we go through so many songs that we start running out? Should it be up to who started the week or to who got the last answer, what to do?

I really don't see that happening,if need be,we can re-use a previously posted song,but just use a different verse from it.

Midnight Saturday is the cutoff for the week.At that time (whether it be Saturday night / Sunday morning) , the last person who answered correctly will be up and can decide to post what he / she intends to do for the following week. SOUND COOL ?

I think the original poster who stumped everyone should go, but with a condition that the next song be one people will get. That way it doesn't lead to: A) the poster continually racking up bonus points and B) a run of stumpers by everyone.

AGREED !!! , but lets keep the door open for discussion just in case the song is in question.

I am going to need an assistant / assistants here PLEASE. ANY TAKERS ?
In case I am unable to get to the PC for some reason (vacation,sick,whatever),someone will need to keep track of what is going on in here as far as points,bonuses,checking the validity of a song in case it is not correct,or in a case like PARAGON and I had,we had the song and lyrics,but we differed by 1 word. So if a song is posted and you do not know it,please state so in the thread and you can become the "moderator" to say yes or no to the posted song.PM me to keep me posted,and I will do the points posting on page 1 of this thread as soon as I can. THANKS ALL 👍

BTW - I have decided to make this worth while as well. We will make it so the 1st person to reach 100 points will be the declared winner,and a prize awarded (of course you will have to pm me privately with your name,address,etc to recieve it)(the prize is worth it,it's real,not fictional)I am exempt from the prize. In the situation if it should happen that I would win , I will award the prize to the 2nd place finisher.After a winner is declared,we will start a new round. SOUND GOOD ?

Do you guys / girls want to start off with a clean slate on the points ? or do we proceed from where we are ?

Lets keep it clean and honest and have some fun here.👍

One last note : in the case that I am not available , all inquiries,questions,etc. will be made to Icarus25. Thanks for all the co-operation,and good luck to all entrants.

Any questions-feel free to ask or pm.
 
Last edited:
If we are going to 100 there isn't a considerable gap, not enough to reset the scores
 
If we do decide to restart the scores, we should finalize the rules before starting up again. (maybe even start a new thread so there is no confusion)

Nicksfix - Since you started the tread (and a premium member) you could close it down once we finalize rules and scoring.

I'd like to start off the new thread if I may. I had a song lined up to go, but I don't want to post it until we get everything else straight.
 
^
^
^
I can do that.
My question is this - do we need any more rule discussion,points discussion,anything anyone can think of before I do this ? or is it fairly clear ?

I think that possibly 1 more assistant besides Icarus25 would be helpful as well.
 
I couldn't, I tend to forget things and wouldn't log on for weeks especially towards the end of this school quarter and the beginning of the next one.
 
I'm good on rules. Is there a UK participant here? Looks like most of us are Eastern time zoners or Central. We could use someone to keep tabs during those wee hours should someone post a song or answer.

I'm mulling over GT5P or just waiting for GT5, so most of my time on here is spent in the off-topic area so I'll be good to go keeping an eye out. I can't think of anything else to add other than good luck everyone. 👍
 
I'm west coast. Don't have a PS3 so I'm basically studying, playing xbox (sacrilege!), working out, or here.
 
I think that possibly 1 more assistant besides Icarus25 would be helpful as well.
As you can probably tell, I'm usually around so I could do it. Just let me know what you need me to do. 👍
 
Alrighty, lets see a list of those rules and points to review and then we can kick this thing into motion! :)
 
this thread is going,going,going.......................GONE !!!!!!
CHECK OUT VERSION II
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back