Remote Racing payout gone down?

• Thread starter brambos
  • 21 comments
Burammm
Did they really decrease the credit payouts for remote racing last night? The last cool and social way to make a decent amount of credits to buy cars is now officially snuffed.

They really try everything to force you to grind for credits and XP. Even remote racing is no longer an alternative. I'm now seriously through with Kaz and his failed vision for GT.

He doesn't seem to get it through his thick skull that boredom does not add to the quality and longevity of this game.

@To my great online friends:
Thanks for racing my Bobs, guys. I truly appreciate the favor! But for me it's not worth it anymore to keep my PS3 running all day while I'm at work just to earn 100k odd credits :ouch:

Did they really decrease the credit payouts for remote racing last night? The last cool and social way to make a decent amount of credits to buy cars is now officially snuffed.

They really try everything to force you to grind for credits and XP. Even remote racing is no longer an alternative. I'm now seriously through with Kaz and his failed vision for GT.

He doesn't seem to get it through his thick skull that boredom does not add to the quality and longevity of this game.

Thanks for racing my Bobs, guys. I truly appreciate the favor! But for me it's not worth it anymore to keep my PS3 running all day while I'm at work just to earn 100k odd credits :ouch:

I'm using the automated tool & keeping a record of winnings per race & noting down finishing position, fastest lap position & positions improvement over starting position. Once I've got a few good hours of racing done (multiple race lengths) I'll post up the findings.

Did they reduce the XP or is it just the cash? If its just cash... who cares.

It would be harder to work out exp per race as you'd have to "cash out" the driver after every race to find out the exp value. The credits are easier as there is a running total which can be checked after each race.

Did they reduce the XP or is it just the cash? If its just cash... who cares.

Well.. I only care about the cash, since I'm level 35 B-Spec, and there's not much more to level up towards. I need the cash to buy the ~850 cars I still have to collect though. :crazy:

Surely the problem with trying to buy all cars..... is waiting for them to all appear in the dealership? Anyway.... more PSN accounts and race yourself :)

I own Shift and I'll be buying Shift 2 at the end of march, I'm tired of GT5 with their updated content that changes the week after. Make your f-ing mind PD.

OK, raced 10 races as host & noted payout after each race, as well as finishing position, fastest lap position & position change from grid start. It appears payouts are definitely lower, & also appear to be more based on winner gets most. There is still some discrepancy though & this appears to be based on fastest lap. For example my driver finished 4th 3 times in those races & the payout varied in each race, the only common factor in higher pay was fastest lap ranking. So it appears that position determines the biggest chunk of pay with a bonus depending on fastest lap.

Biggest payout was for winning Suzuka 20 minute race with 4th fastest time...payout was just £17,700.

Each race was run with a full field of 16, my lowest position was 8th with 14th fastest lap on a 20 minute Daytona earning £6,460.

Lowest earnings race was Monza 5 minute. For finishing 7th with 9th fastest lap my driver earnt £1,900...

All in all 10 races (130 minutes of race time over 162 minutes of actual time) earnt £66,780. That paltry sum was for 1x1st, 2x2nd, 4x4th, 1x6th, 2x7th & 1x8th. The drivers finishing in the bottom half of the field must be getting an absolute pittance!!!

I will still run Remote Races for my friends, but not on a near 24h basis I have been. I suppose I should at least thank PD for saving my PS3's lifespan a little... :indiff:

I didn't see anything wrong with the payout as it was, so not sure why PD would change it. I'm so glad I've already acquired most of the expensive cars. I was really hoping to net about two million CR/day... doesn't look like that's happening now.

I didn't see anything wrong with the payout as it was, so not sure why PD would change it.
Because they want to make absolutely sure that you are not having fun at all repeating the same events ad nauseum. :P :lol:

I'm using the automated tool & keeping a record of winnings per race & noting down finishing position, fastest lap position & positions improvement over starting position. Once I've got a few good hours of racing done (multiple race lengths) I'll post up the findings.

now it is in finishing order for the highest pay,...yesterday it was the fastest lap for the highest price.

the higher level bob get a lot more payout over the lower ranks now.

I sure won't be leaving my PS3 on all day anymore, it's just not worth it. I had my bobs online since I took their payout last night and by now they only have 15k the most. Before I was well into the 100k's.
Maybe they have not done as many races but even then, that's too big of a difference.
They (PD) sure know how to kill a good thing.

Why introduce such high payouts and then cut them down?

yea, i have about 15 bobs running all morning, and none of them are over $50K yet....yesterday in less time, they all had well into 100K each.

I noticed i been running my ps3 for about 10 hours and only made about 300k
Even when my drivers are all being used constantly.
Now remote racing is becoming a waste of time and ps3 life.

And Even worse My first grind way american championship they lowered the money you make 20 grand lower each race :grumpy:
No more quick money.....

Crap I just remembered I still need another 8.000.000 to finish my lm collection D=

One of my racers got 52,900 for finishing 6-16-8-12-6-2-13-10-10-6-8-4-9... 13 races. Avg of 4,000 credits. Seems that they have lowered it by about 20%.

I just want them to switch up the tracks, I have a lot of fun watching the races. I like that it's just my hired AI doing there own thing. I just played out the 9 races.

Back