Renault-Nissan 2022 Plan

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 17 comments
Australia
Australia
Edited for the sake of us all.
Renault-Nissan alliance announces 2022 plan

With the Renault-Nissan Mitsubishi Alliance, could we see the return of the Pulsar GTi-R?https://www.motormag.com.au/features/1709/nissan-pulsar-gti-r-sweet-dream
Nissan-Pulsar-GTI-R.jpg

Last edited:
If the Pulsar GTi-R is to become a real thing, the power unit has already been sorted out; just use the 1800cc Turbo-4 from the new Megane RS. Styling inspired by that render would be the icing on the cake. 👍

Cool car! Probably may or not hit the United States, but that's a mighty fine Pulsar GTI-R. Probably a better chance of this car showing up here than the beastly Stagea.

Such a shame... with the success of Megane(now as a 5 door RS-go figure), the Golf GTI/R, i30N, CTR, etc. Just crazy they didn't think buyers would jump on that.

Why the hell did they give it away? I mean yeah you've gotta get rid of it but you might as well take their money while you're at it. Is it because the Ruskies will only pay in rubles and they're not convertible anymore?

How it started:

1651502980934.png

How it's going:

1651503000699.png

Why the hell did they give it away? I mean yeah you've gotta get rid of it but you might as well take their money while you're at it. Is it because the Ruskies will only pay in rubles and they're not convertible anymore?

Russia was probably going to just take it away anyway.

Last edited:
Russia was probably going to just take it away anyway.

Not too far off, it would seem. I expect AvtoVAZ was the primary target for this action anyway, since Lada is still the volume leading brand in Russia so whoever holds that has a pretty big chunk of the national market to themselves.

Last edited:

The restructured alliance, which has been in the works for months, will likely see Renault cut its stake in Nissan to around 15% from 43%, Reuters has reported, as well as seeing Nissan invest in the French automaker’s new electric vehicle unit.

Back