Rennsport27's Course thread

United States
Somewhere
rennsport27
I've been playing with the course creator for a long time, and figured I should dig a couple tracks out and share them with people. I'm not sure how good most of them are, but I have a lot of them, and I'm sure some of them are interesting. The first one I'm posting is the Mazurek GP Circuit. It's a higher speed circuit, but I edited it by narrowing it a tad and sharpening some of the corners, to make it more interesting for slower cars. Feel free to send me a FR if you would like it.

6310758605_e89c4e1b3d_z.jpg

6718307969_36a42e6753_z.jpg

edit: newest track

6799335579_111086464d_z.jpg

Last edited:
I've been playing with the course creator for a long time, and figured I should dig a couple tracks out and share them with people. I'm not sure how good most of them are, but I have a lot of them, and I'm sure some of them are interesting. The first one I'm posting is the Mazurek GP Circuit. It's a higher speed circuit, but I edited it by narrowing it a tad and sharpening some of the corners, to make it more interesting for slower cars. Feel free to send me a FR if you would like it.

6310758605_e89c4e1b3d_z.jpg

looks pretty cool. I'll add you and give it a try.

Hopefully you've been able to try it out by now, so if you don't mind me asking, what do you think?

Sorry i have not yet - been busy with Championships - will give it a run this weekend and give feedback - promise! Maybe we can have some races on it too if i get you online.

Sorry i have not yet - been busy with Championships - will give it a run this weekend and give feedback - promise! Maybe we can have some races on it too if i get you online.

Sure thing! I need to get back into GT5 for a little while, I haven't really played in a week, as I've been too addicted to Skyrim. That game sucks up too much of my free time...

nitrorocks
His looks epic! I like your GTP name, your a Porsche fan?

Just saw your post. Thanks, and yes, I am a Porsche fan, although I'm kinda disappointed with the 991 so far...

On a different note, I might throw up a new track sometime this week, if I can find one in my collection I like.

rennsport27
Sure thing! I need to get back into GT5 for a little while, I haven't really played in a week, as I've been too addicted to Skyrim. That game sucks up too much of my free time...

Just saw your post. Thanks, and yes, I am a Porsche fan, although I'm kinda disappointed with the 991 so far...

On a different note, I might throw up a new track sometime this week, if I can find one in my collection I like.

Okay sounds good.

I figured it's about time I get this thread active again. I've got a new track up, it's a longer circuit, with several interesting and challenging high speed sections. It's good for most cars, but I feel it works best with cars above 550pp, especially race cars. Enjoy, and as always, I appreciate whatever feedback you want to give.

6718307969_36a42e6753_z.jpg

Hey, im new to the track making thing, any basic tips? I really like your courses, if you dont mind giving basic tips please...

Thanks, I always appreciate a compliment. :)
Well, the biggest thing I can recommend is simply to make a lot of tracks. You find those good tracks by making a bunch of them. Also, usually three or four sector tracks work best for me, and I try to keep the difficulty of any sector between 3 and 8, but usually toward the higher end. It really depends on what kind of track you like. Just experiment, you'll find some fun stuff.

On a separate note, I have a new track up, and I'm a big fan of this one. It's currently my go-to test track. I find it challenging, and interesting, without any of the usual "weird turn" pitfalls that the editor suffers from. It's a pretty short track, but with a high speed straight.
6799335579_111086464d_z.jpg

Are these tracks overly wide or more thin? I may send you a FR today to get some of these :D

I can't remember, but I believe the slower sections are a -1 or -2. I like the keep them wide enough to use online, but wide tracks tend to ruin tight, slow sections. If you really want to know, I can check later.

Oh, and also, I've currently got "The Hook" posted. If you want one of the older ones, let me know, and I'll post them on share for you.

The hook looks very similar to a track I made a while back. I've been meaning to make a video of that one...

The hook looks very similar to a track I made a while back. I've been meaning to make a video of that one...

Let me know if you post it, I'd love to compare the two. Also, I apologize for not posting any videos of my tracks. When it comes to PS3 stuff, I tend to be a little technically challenged, and I don't have any video equipment. So, you'll just have to try them yourself. ;)

I'll try to get on at some point tonight, if any of you guys sent me FRs. It's been a crazy week, and I haven't had time for any GT so far, but hopefully that'll change.

Back