Repair a ruined SR rating

• Thread starter Tretton
  • 33 comments
Sweden
Sweden
I’ve allways had an SR rating of S, ever since I started playing online.

One day I made the misstake of doing the daily race on a narrow track with walls. My SR rating went to A after after just a couple of races. There I started meeting competetors that behave REALLY badly. One guy rage-rammed me after having got a penalty for having shoved me off the track earlier.
Bad went to worse. With the semingly completely random penalty system, the only thing you can do is to stay away from other cars completely. If someone push you or brake test you or try to ram you with themselves endimg up in the wall, YOU run the risk of a penalty.

I’m now down to SR: C

Is there even a theoretical a way back up?!? It seemsimpossible to improve the SR when you race against the guys in this level of SR.

I’m heart broken. I love this game but it’s completely broken for me now.

One day I made the misstake of doing the daily race on a narrow track with walls. My SR rating went to A after after just a couple of races. There I started meeting competetors that behave REALLY badly. One guy rage-rammed me after having got a penalty for having shoved me off the track earlier.
Bad went to worse. With the semingly completely random penalty system, the only thing you can do is to stay away from other cars completely. If someone push you or brake test you or try to ram you with themselves endimg up in the wall, YOU run the risk of a penalty.

Is there even a theoretical a way back up?!? It seemsimpossible to improve the SR when you race against the guys in this level of SR.

Tragic.

Set fast Quali times and outrace them until you back to SR S. Once back to your level remember to give da space so you dont lose SR unnecessarily.

I’ve recently been there. What I did is run a lot of races in complete disregard of DR, backing out of any fight and just getting “green sectors” everywhere, until it was back up.

Took a lot of races and a lot of heartbreak, but I’m back to my usual 99 rating.

btw. I feel your pain and empathize, it’s painful and I felt completely dejected. Don’t give up!

Take the opportunity to improve your situational awareness. Lower SR isn't all that much worse than SR.S, matchmaking is actually better there. However that also increases the risk of contact which makes it more difficult to get back up and yep there are a few clowns that will try to hit you on purpose. Not qualifying is a good strategy to take it easy at the start and climb your way up while avoiding the usual mess. Race C always delivers much more SR than A or B. And if you really want that SR.S back, simply drive behind the field in race C, or be fast enough to start on pole and run away.

Take the opportunity to improve your situational awareness. Lower SR isn't all that much worse than SR.S, matchmaking is actually better there. However that also increases the risk of contact which makes it more difficult to get back up and yep there are a few clowns that will try to hit you on purpose. Not qualifying is a good strategy to take it easy at the start and climb your way up while avoiding the usual mess. Race C always delivers much more SR than A or B. And if you really want that SR.S back, simply drive behind the field in race C, or be fast enough to start on pole and run away.

So long as race C is not in the rain, heheh

What you gotta remember is, each clean track sector can give you 0,5 SR up. That can help you keep track of what you can achieve in each race.

I don’t know what’s the math for lowering you SR, but you can definitely lose much more with minor contact or any penalty, than what you can gain through a couple clean laps.

I´m kind new to Gt sport but i fast learn that daily races are a thing to avoid if you whant to keep your SR, i´m not in a worry to increase my DR i only do FIA for now cause races seems a lot more clean.
My goal for now it´s to slowly get experience and consistency i think i could be at DR A atm if i did dailys but i prefer to keep my SR S and learn good manners and to learn how to race near other cars.

In dailys people just push you out even in straights and it´s very easy to find people that have 0 respect in any given situation..., thats why avoid dailys for now, dunno if in DR A rank dailys are better but for what i see probably it ins´t in the lower "lobbys".

Is it really that hard to write some code to penalise the guy in front doing the brake testing, instead of the guy running into his arse?

ofc it’s not.

STOP UPDATING THE ****ING GRAPHICS ENGINE. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE PENALTYSYSTEM!!!

This is suuuuuper frustrating. Doesn’t the guys who make this game, allso play it?

Just had the manufacturers championship race at Brands Hatch. A spanish guy, 7up... something turned in on me in a corner and thaught I ramed him so he started braketesting me on the straights. I got one 5 sec penalty and later a 3 sec penalty for running into him on the start/finish straight when he steped on the brakes repeatedly.
He didn’t understand that if you have a faster car coming up on your inside in a corner, you cant drive like he is not there. After the race he complained that I ramed him, as the reason he started brake testing me. So he admitted doing it.

This is the problem. People not knowing anything about motorsports or racing but still taking it upon themselves to take revenge on people they think have done them wrong.
How can people like that have an SR of S?

1. Insert race rules etc instead of pointless history frames throughout the games background screens. When you wait for stuff to load - show different things not to do in motor racing.

2. Develop the penaltysystem beyond stonage.

some people are apparently so incredibly stupid that they have to be told not to take revenge on other drivers.
”-You see, you might not have the full picture. That other car could himself just have been pushed so he in turn knocked into you. Or, he might be in the right, because YOU don’t know basic racing rules.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gone from SR:S to SR:C back to SR:S within a 24 hour period. Put in a good qualifying and stay out the front and you take your sportsmanship rating out of anyone else's hands.

Uhh? one thing i learned is that SR does not reflect if you are a dirty driver or not. Spend a long time in SR B until i decided to move up again, did 2 or 3 races at Fuji in Turtle mode and was back at S without any kind of real effort. Now i drive like i use to just with a SR S rating.

The short races on the wrong tracks will hurt the SR rating, at least if you race for position. And on the right track the short races will at best keep you on SR lvl with a little bit of give and take.

Go to Race C, start from the bottom and do the slowest tactics and avoid other cars at any cost..

Some races are a minefield, especially if you're in the middle of the pack. A simple truth is you and your SR can suffer even if you don't do anything wrong. While there are the options at the extreme end of the scale, the tough one of qualifying at the front and pulling away and the easy one of not qualifying and tootling around the back. You're probably best being selective with your races (something like Tokyo can always be penalty laden) and doing your damnedest to avoid incidents - getting better at it in the process. If your SR absolutely dives then you can always resort to the front/back methods to 'game' it back up

Hello, new here! and new to the game.

It's quite easy to get your S rating up. just stay at the back, you'll be back up to 99 in not very many races at all, doesn't take many consecutive clean races and you're right back up there!

The DR rating, well another story, still stuck in D there! ha! Give me time!

S rating is a dawdle! Can be done in a day or 2.

Easy come, easy go. Beware of race C this week. I started in the back and lost 35 SR in 2 minutes, getting used as a pinball. Although I didn't qualify to prevent exactly this, I still had 6 people starting behind me, eager to prove they could win from last, while starting behind the slowest of the qualifiers. A recipe for disaster at Interlagos.

That was a race in SR.S (99 SR), SR means little. SR.E is likely cleaner at Interlagos today.

Easy come, easy go. Beware of race C this week. I started in the back and lost 35 SR in 2 minutes, getting used as a pinball. Although I didn't qualify to prevent exactly this, I still had 6 people starting behind me, eager to prove they could win from last, while starting behind the slowest of the qualifiers. A recipe for disaster at Interlagos.

That was a race in SR.S (99 SR), SR means little. SR.E is likely cleaner at Interlagos today.

Agree that SR means little. DR is a much better indicator of a safe lobby. Guys who constantly ram other people are often people who don't have a lot of patience so they rage quit a lot. When I drop DR points, I always notice the lobbies getting progressively worse.

That said, in one year in this game, it's always a gamble if you'll have assholes in the lobby.

Agree that SR means little. DR is a much better indicator of a safe lobby. Guys who constantly ram other people are often people who don't have a lot of patience so they rage quit a lot. When I drop DR points, I always notice the lobbies getting progressively worse.

That said, in one year in this game, it's always a gamble if you'll have assholes in the lobby.

Not really in my experience. Somewhat maybe, but I've had much cleaner races in B/B rooms than in A+/S A/S rooms. The only thing that seems to hold true is that races in the morning and during school hours are much cleaner than in the evening. From about 7pm EST, 4pm PST the quality of racing goes down fast and often doesn't clean up anymore until the next day.

Last week, same day, in the afternoon I build up a clean streak of 6 on DT: Seaside, DR going up.
In the evening, drop to SR.B from racing between 7pm and 9pm.

And yet in the 12.30pm MST Race C today, I started 15th, with 2 cars behind me, got one orange SR arrow and gained 20 SR points. Jumped from 30 to 50.

And yet in the 12.30pm MST Race C today, I started 15th, with 2 cars behind me, got one orange SR arrow and gained 20 SR points. Jumped from 30 to 50.

That's the difference between SR.C and SR.S. SR.S is already at the max of SR, thus use the points to bump for position. SR.C, oh that's awfully close to a reset, drive clean and earn some SR points to spend later. SR.C also gets a nice boost to SR as well as lower deductions and more forgiving contact.

I have an equal story, the Red Bull Ring just ruined completly my SR rating.
To be honest, after getting divebombed, forced off the track and brake checking mulitple times, I got furious and have done revenge on that guy with his pink Ferrari.
Was an really bad idea, GTS gave me a new SR ranking from S to B.

Now I really try to be a nice guy and accomplished to do a few races without any penalty.

But my ranking does not move at all, it even got from 54 back to 47 without any time penalties or contact with other cars.

These B / B races are very painful...

How could that be? Is it impossible to improve the rating on race B?

In my experience you have to sacrifice some DR to repair SR, race c no qually is ideal.
Yeah, but it shouldn’t be that way, so the core issue still remains. Spend hours on restoring yor SR because some kid on a playstation brake tested you. The penalty system is awful. Even if you give the opponent plenty of room in a corner, if he is the one on the outside and ignores you, turning into you, the pingpong ball physics of the cars will send him off track and you will automatically be given a 3.000 sec penalty and an SR rating down from S to A or even B, forcing you to spend hours to restore it. Sooooo easy to exploit if you want to punish someone.
If the developers want to be big on E-Sport, they need to focus on these issues, not the graphics.
it’s not rocket science ffs. Just draw up two imaginary parallel racing lines, like two cars driving next to eachother, along all tracks and use that as a basis for calculating who is the bad guy.
And reduce the transfer of kinetic energy when cars colide.

i only played this game for a month and a half and I’m allready fed up with it. How are you guys puting up with it this for years?!? Are you doing drugs or yoga or what’s the secret?

Sorry for the spelling. English is not my native language.

Last edited:
My first 31 days of playing this Gt Sport game. Learning the game driving 100 races and Participating in the FIA season. See how much time and effort is spent on repairing the SR instead of playing the game. I’m 42 years old and I don’t have time for more than a couple of races each day.

Reason I continue to play GT Sport instead of the other racing sims is that you can be competative with the PS4 controll pad. I broke my back in a motorcykle accident and got nerve damage to my legs and feet so I can’t use foot pedals. Soo... GT Sport is the only racing sim I can play.

Edit: Yeah, I’m a quick learner. I raced both IRL and sims before I baught this product, with its many culturally very typical japanese characteristics.

Attachments

• D895FA6C-6381-4585-BD4D-2FC16EF8E26C.jpeg
    D895FA6C-6381-4585-BD4D-2FC16EF8E26C.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back