Replays causing game to crash

• Thread starter BSDShoes
  • 16 comments
Canada
Canada
It happened on two different newly saved replays now (past few days), when I hit fast forward or rewind, the game instantly crashes back to dashboard with CE-34878-0. I wonder if it's the replay that are corrupt, or something with my PS4 itself. Older replays work fine.

Maybe it's coincidental? I keep getting that same error code and crash for doing absolutely random things. I think there's something about the game itself that causes it to crash

I have been having an excessive amount of crashes this week, some from replays, some from Sport matches, some from backing out of the garage. I'm wondering if there's been a serverside issue which is returning bad data to the GTS client that it wasn't prepared to handle.

Maybe it's coincidental? I keep getting that same error code and crash for doing absolutely random things. I think there's something about the game itself that causes it to crash

Yes it's this, you either get network error or the game just crashes, happens in most parts of the game. Worst one is right at the end of the race, nice 20 minutes wasted for nothing then.

Yes it's this, you either get network error or the game just crashes, happens in most parts of the game. Worst one is right at the end of the race, nice 20 minutes wasted for nothing then.
Yeah those situations absolutely suck. Hopefully in the next patch PD finally gets around to fixing these bugs

You might want to Google that code and see what Playstation says. I had similiar crashes when loading ghost etc. Ignored it and ended up unable to load ghost or access circuit experience at all on all accounts. Had to do clean re-install of game to fix losing replays etc but no data/liveries.

Always restart your PS4 after such a crash not just the game too.

P.s @BSDShoes same applies in your crashes too....

I've had it happen in replays when I start skipping forward immediately, but If I let it play normally for a while it seems to work. Ive never had it happen rewinding though.

You might want to Google that code and see what Playstation says. I had similiar crashes when loading ghost etc. Ignored it and ended up unable to load ghost or access circuit experience at all on all accounts. Had to do clean re-install of game to fix losing replays etc but no data/liveries.

Always restart your PS4 after such a crash not just the game too.

That's scary
I checked all that you've said and so far everything still works fine. Phew. I'll follow your advice from now on. Thanks! :cheers:

The code is generic, as in "your game has crashed". But like I said, it happens everytime I click rewind or fast forward in newly saved replays (as of past few days), older replays still works fine. Also I played a new replay without touching rewind and fast forward and the replay ended before the 3rd lap on the 10 lap Nurb GP race, it's like it didn't save the whole race.

I'll try a clean reinstall of the game today.

Yes we have that here also on mine and my partners game saves, the game crashes randomly after viewing replays with the error code above :(

It has been happening on and off for weeks tbh 👎

It a not the game. I suggest a clean re install and a system defrag by going into the main menu. You can isolate game bugs by putting them on a external . I have my copy of GT sport on my external and the games only crashed once in the discover menu. 200+ hours .

Not sure if this is related but I have been having a lot of crashes as well and the PS4 would just eject the disc. Doesn’t happen with any other game I play.....is this game just riddled with bugs?

I know it is an old thread but this comes when i searched the issue on google, i have experienced the same issue today, game resets watching replays if fast forwarded or rewinded.
Try deleting some of the replays. I had a lot of saved replays so i guess that may be related.
Deleting old replays solved the issue for me few moments ago.
Have a good race!

I'm not exactly sure of the error code, but I've had my replays crash my game before, and I think I know what causes it.

The problem arises when you save a replay when you have very little space left. When you save a replay of a bigger size than what you have space for, the game will save what it can, from the start. You can still view these incompletely saved replays, but trying to skip forward or backwards causes the game to instantly crash. Letting the replay play normally, you'll eventually find it ends abruptly, and you'll be brought back to your replay library, but won't crash the game.

A good indication of whether your replay saved in its entirety is the red bar that runs across the bottom of the screen when you have the menu open to navigate the replay. It fills the entire width of the screen for the entire duration of the replay. If it's filling up too fast, you know your replay hasn't saved in its entirety.

The only way to prevent this is to keep ample space free in your library. Remember that scapes photos, race photos, and replays all share the same storage, so deleting photos can help make space for replays.

It's rather stupid IMO, but this is what we have to deal with.

The problem arises when you save a replay when you have very little space left. When you save a replay of a bigger size than what you have space for, the game will save what it can, from the start. You can still view these incompletely saved replays, but trying to skip forward or backwards causes the game to instantly crash. Letting the replay play normally, you'll eventually find it ends abruptly, and you'll be brought back to your replay library, but won't crash the game.
This is in fact exactly what happens.

Back