Report your game progress (possible spoilers)

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 524 comments
KieranMurphy
BTW, I finally got the final Trucking mission. I realised that the best way to finish if off is to stick with the freeway and to just veer off the northbound freeway at the last minute.

I did it last night the laziest way I could think of - I popped up onto the train tracks across the road from the starting point (I also did this for the Easter Basin and LS port destinations), then followed the tracks up through SF, across the bridge to Bone County, and to a point just west of the destination. Only one police car ever touched my truck, just as I was rolling up to the finish... 👍

The tracks worked great for those three missions - I don't think any trains are running then because I didn't see a single one. I managed all the trucker missions first try without breaking a single trailer off! :D

The cars do drive annoyingly slow along them though... due to lack of grip and bouncing... but it's still infinitely quicker than taking the freeways and dodging traffic... especially between SF & LS.

C.

yeah, the traintracks are quite slow, but the freeway and roads are lots of fun, i like driving on the wrong side of the road over blind hills and corners at blur speed overtakin trucks and cars, as well as weaving in and out of the traffic. 2 lane roads are lots of fun.

Passed 8-track :D 96.79%

I didn't realize it was so ez if you just slow down and let the other cars mess up--- I kept trying to drive it balls to the walls like the Hotring and was usually just beating heck out of the car-- last night, in just one try, I got lucky on the start and ended up in 7th, just worked my way up front real slow and after I was in first, I just concentrated on not damaging my car-- never saw another car after I got out front (no one caught me and I didn't lap anyone)-- finished with a lame 5:36 but its out of the way---will take another crack for a better time after 100% when I can exploite the double car damage.

Finishing up horseshoes now.....

**EDIT**
Horseshoes done-- 97.33%

Spuds

nice, for the 8-track go up the inside on the first corner if done good you come out 3rd, then by the second corner your first :).

Nice looks like im welcoming another to the 100% club soon. :)

Spuds725
Ammunation done
97.86% on 101:43 hours

Tags and zero's missions left.

Wow, looks like R* was just about on the money when they guessed the estimated 100% completion time.

So far, I've 45.99% complete with a little over 53:15 playing time. I've got a long way ahead of me...

You get stuff for getting all golds in the schools but you only have to pass them to get 100% in the game--- just so you know (I didn't know this til I had already golded all of them-- I would have likely put this off if I'd known)---

Spuds..

Integra Type R
Wow, looks like R* was just about on the money when they guessed the estimated 100% completion time.

What excatly was their estimated time, i finished 100% in 76hours, and a few members have even less than 70hours for their 100%

Oh feckin' hell.

NRG500.

I've tried it about 25 times in a row now and I still haven't got it. On one run I had 1:40 on the clock with 3 markers left and didn't get any of them. There's one marker that's impossible to see unless you do it at night so I'm always jumping blindly at it.

Any hints? I'm just mainly bouncing around aimlessly trying to pick them up. One thing I have learned is not to try to drive straight up the wall at the marker but to come at an angle. Sometimes I can pick up 2 on the one jump up a wall.

But it's still pretty random.

KM.

Not sure which ones are giving you problems but the ones above the rim do take some luck-- I try to use marks in the dry dock (I know not alot of marks and stuff) to line them up-- and to correct when I'm off. I did do some of them by hitting them head on and others at an angle-- I had 13 seconds to spare on that one and 2 seconds when I completed BMX.

Anyway--- just finished collecting tags

98.40% on 103:29 hours.

Just have zero's missions left now (I'm pretty sure anyway).

Spuds

Small_Fryz
What excatly was their estimated time, i finished 100% in 76hours, and a few members have even less than 70hours for their 100%

:eek: If I remember correctly from the magazine I read it from, R* said 150 hours. :eek:

100% in 105:23 :)

fairy_bounce07.gif

I got the NRG500 eventually. It's the three up in the air on the same side as the start that got me. I could usually narrow it down to 2 or 3 of them left but then I'd make a balls of it.

So that's me at 97.33%. Tags, oysters, firefighter and BMX is what I can think of that I've got left.

KM.

Did you ever get past 8 track--- I forgot all about it til I was flying past the colliseum one time :dunce:

Here are some %'s for my last couple of items

Tags-- .54%
Zero's 3 missions- 1.6% (about .533% each)
Ammunation - .53%
Horseshoes- .54%

Are you seeing a trend--- I think you are missing something else.

2.67/.5333 = 5.0006 items left.

Spuds725
Did you ever get past 8 track-
Yeah, I did 8-track ages ago.

Here are some %'s for my last couple of items
Tags-- .54%
Zero's 3 missions- 1.6% (about .533% each)
Ammunation - .53%
Horseshoes- .54%
Are you seeing a trend--- I think you are missing something else.
2.67/.5333 = 5.0006 items left.
According to someone over at GTAForums, the code has 187 mission points available. So that's 100/187 for each one = 0.5347....% each which sounds right.

So yeah, it looks like I've got 5 things to do.

BMX, Tags, Oysters, Firefighter and something else. I've nothing to do today so I think I'll get busy trying to wrap things up. I can't think of what I'm missing though. I'll go check the 100% checklist.

KM.

Famine
"Fright Train". Jack a train, press R3 and accelerate... :D
Excellent, thanks.

I finished the Tags and BMX. So I'm up to 98.4%

I think I'll go jack me a train now then.

A word of advice about the Tags - when you're doing them, make sure you keep spraying until you get the "xx out of 100 tags sprayed" message. I went through a map a while back and for some reason only had 95 out of 100. There were 2 problems, the map was really badly designed and some tags near each other you couldn't tell there were 2 on the map, and I wasn't paying attention when I sprayed them, so it sprayed the logo but didn't count as a sprayed tag because I didn't hold down the button for long enough. When I went through a guide a while later, I went through all 100 tags and found 2 I'd missed but that was still only 97 out of 100. When a tag is successfully sprayed, the spraycan won't autoaim on it, so I had to go through the entire 100 again and aim at each one to see if it autoaimed or not. I was just checking them by sight to see if there was a green tag there.

KM.

Back