Retro Rewind - Retro Racing Titles Reviewed and Revisited

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 71 comments
@Scaff Race Driver 3 was one of my favourite racing games for it's time. The sheer variety and volume of content was incredible back then. It had a bit of everything. I used to enjoy creating custom races in the classic Muscle Cars going around the Australian street tracks, it was a bit chaotic but fun.

I never did get Race Driver 3 back in the day, so I was unaware of all that content.

Once my loft is boarded out and my old TV is in-situ up there, I shall seek a copy for my PS2 and give it a try. The damage looks great for the era.

It's been a while, but here's a new one.

Driving Emotion Type-S
PlayStation 2 - 2000

Enjoyed this one. Reminded me of the disappointment once again 🤣. I remember seeing pictures of it in the PS magazines of the time and thinking it looked ace but it was terrible.

The only game that gave me this level of disappointment as a sim racing game was the other game you mentioned in the vid, Group S Challenge. That would be another cool retro rewind if you still have access to a copy of that.

Enjoyed this one. Reminded me of the disappointment once again 🤣. I remember seeing pictures of it in the PS magazines of the time and thinking it looked ace but it was terrible.

The only game that gave me this level of disappointment as a sim racing game was the other game you mentioned in the vid, Group S Challenge. That would be another cool retro rewind if you still have access to a copy of that.
I will have to see if I can pick up a copy.

I remember Total Immersion Racing had a similar system for the AI where you could pressure them, didn't get rave reviews at the time but I enjoyed it.
I think I've still got a copy of that buried away, will have to add it to the list

Back