*RetroGiant's gallery* Farewell

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 783 comments
The 5 is a bit amateurish, the rest are very professional
however when you check out the past GT covers
most of them don't show the whole car
maybe close up shot would look more like a real cover :D

Thanks for the comments on the cover guys, it was a rush job so alot of stuff was just thrown together.

Anyways an actual GT4 update.........its been a loooooong time. Its really a revisiting of an old shot. Let me know what you think.

Rough Ruf

Click for 1280

I remember this old photo. I said something bad about the deep rims blur haha. That idea of dust over the cars sometimes was in my mind, and I'm glad to see it in your photos. I only could say it's a bit dark for me, unless we think the Ruf has been taking a break in the surroundings of the track tarmac :D

Salu2.alexwrc

Well it was meant to be a mixture of tarmac and some side scrapings/damage, whether by another car or the walls. He's a crazy driver :) I may go in and try and add some metal into the black to make it look more like paint has been rubbed off. But for a first attempt I was pleased.

One shot Update :) Wanted a retro yet elegant feel. Was an Orange Espirit, but I felt red looked better.

espiritwheelscb8.jpg

WOOOH! Superb Garnett :drool:

I always wanted to learn how to create that special look your photo has got. It's very realistic accourding to the original I can expect. The glowed light are very well balanced, noise, spot lights, burnt areas... superb!

Salu2.alexwrc

Very nice, I like the retro sort of look. 👍 Clean-up and the dodges are superb, but the number-plate looks still a bit messy. Just a little bit of criticism; maybe it's just me, but I miss a bit of depth in the pic.

But overall it's still a wonderful job GR. 👍

Thanks guys, that may be one of my last shots, unless I edit some of my older unused shots (which is still a very good possibility). I just got my 360 today!

Thanks guys, that may be one of my last shots, unless I edit some of my older unused shots (which is still a very good possibility). I just got my 360 today!
You should try to carry on with your GT4 photomode work if possible, because I still find time for GT4 photomode shots, even if I own both a PS3 and Xbox 360.

I like the dirty Ruf .. even thou it looks like the mechanics trying to fix the body work after changing the air filter :)
The Esprit is lovely as I mentioned in the comp thread, but I have to say it again the dodge work is really nice. The rims are bit bland, but it does look great with the Esprit afterall.

i love the crazy RUF. talk about major battle scars. love it. the Esprit looks very elegant indeed. the soft glow and those rims go so well with the car.

Thanks for all the posts guys! This will probably be a one time thing......but I fooled around in the PGR3 Photomode (not nearly as good as GT4) and came out with a half-way decent shot. Plus its one of my favorite cars ever!

25th Anniversary Lamborghini Countach
Click for 1280

Very nice, but a little suggestion setup a Photomode gallery in the Xbox 360 forum for your PGR3 shots or any other type of racing game on the Xbox 360 that has a Photomode.

But the reason I am saying this is I do not want you to get into trouble, however if your worried people may not check any of your PGR3 updates in the Xbox 360 forum, then when a new update goes up put a link in this gallery to direct people to the new PGR3 Photomode update in Xbox 360 forum.

Very nice, but a little suggestion setup a Photomode gallery in the Xbox 360 forum for your PGR3 shots or any other type of racing game on the Xbox 360 that has a Photomode.

But the reason I am saying this is I do not want you to get into trouble, however if your worried people may not check any of your PGR3 updates in the Xbox 360 forum, then when a new update goes up put a link in this gallery to direct people to the new PGR3 Photomode update in Xbox 360 forum.
Yea I know, this is most likely a one time thing though. I don't plan on posting a bunch of PGR3 pics or anything. But if I do start to take more pics I'll create me a gallery over there. But as of right now it was just a one time thing 👍

Yea I know, this is most likely a one time thing though. I don't plan on posting a bunch of PGR3 pics or anything. But if I do start to take more pics I'll create me a gallery over there. But as of right now it was just a one time thing 👍
I still think you should setup one, because you could use the gallery not only for PGR3 shots, but also FM2 and PGR4 shots. However if you don't setup, then you better hope Jordan does not find out. :sly:

The picture is very good indeed, although a bit noisy, but in spite of that, is very good.👍

Although I agree with TVR, I don’t think that the moderators will be angry because one or another picture in the gallery is from another game. But, we never know… :indiff:

Very very very old shot from me, edited it a bit more. Really wish GT5 would come out so I don't have to keep digging through 3 year old shots lol. Anyways thanks for looking!

Click for Larger

The Skyline looks great. Very clean, yet sharp. Noise is set well and brightness / contrast are good, too. 👍

Anyone have a decent stock photo they would like me to edit? Jonesing for some GT4 photomode action in one way or another. :)

Thanks for all the posts guys! This will probably be a one time thing......but I fooled around in the PGR3 Photomode (not nearly as good as GT4) and came out with a half-way decent shot. Plus its one of my favorite cars ever!

25th Anniversary Lamborghini Countach
Click for 1280

when i saw this picture, i was going to say "that is forza 2" :dunce:

Found a few more random shots from 2006 and decided to edit them a bit. Wanted to give them a retro and cross processed look.

4584063405_89401a6406_o.jpg

4584063381_ef7548ec1f_o.jpg

4584691428_09f404f039_o.jpg

4584063299_be517f5805_o.jpg

Thanks guys, I went back and fourth several times on my signature. I'm fairly happy with it now. I'm obsessed with the contemporary, tall, slim fonts.

I like your new sig 👍 but I think it looks the best when it is placed in the center like the last picture.

All of them are really lovely. I personally enjoy retro tone and you did it well. My only complaint is the Macro's shadow ;)

Thanks franz. Yea thats my favorite placement of the sig as well. I'll probably experiment more with it based on the photo composition and what not. I may even drop the "retrogiant" from it as well. We'll see. As for the macro shadow, yea I saw that and laughed. I was too lazy to fix/edit it. I'll be glad when GT5 comes out and we can spend less time editing/fixing and more time being creative with out photos.

Indeed ... I have been spending some time playing Prologue recently after Kaz failed to deliver on time. The more I play, the more I want to take advantage of GT5 photomode.

I love the shots. And the signature is definitely top notch. You created the text yourself?

Love that you used the Mini Marcos and the mitsubishi (i think. the white car)? Not too often seen in people's entries. 👍

Indeed ... I have been spending some time playing Prologue recently after Kaz failed to deliver on time. The more I play, the more I want to take advantage of GT5 photomode.

It exists!?

Back