Return of Custom Music?

SportCoaster

(Banned)
Netherlands
Netherlands
One of my favorite features in Gran Turismo 6 was the fact that you could change the Menu & Race music to whatever you have on your Playstation 3 Console. Once I discovered this feature, I almost immediately used custom music for it, and what would be better than over a hundred songs from the Initial D Selection?

With Gran Turismo 7, I've been wanting to use Custom Music, too, this time Happy Hardcore during Racing, since the game will be very huge, exciting and lively. However, for the Menu music, I'm a little bit stumped. I would like something that fits exploring a bustling, lively, energetic metropolis, but I'm not sure what kind of music that would be.

Will Custom Music make a return just like many other features from previous Gran Turismo titles? What would you put in if that ended up happening?

I don't know if it will return or not, but I hope it does. I like listening to my own choice of music rather than what the game throws at me. However the custom music feature in GT6 occasionally crashed my PS3, so I hope if it's in GT7 it doesn't do that to the PS5 :lol:.

It would be nice, but Gran Turismo music is good enough by far for me.
Yeah, I'd rather listen to Daiki Kasho, especially since it's likely GT7 is his biggest work yet (he now works at PD, in case anyone forgot).

As well as the rest of GT's original (but contracted) composers such as Nittoku Inoue, Makoto, and all the lounge music/jazz composers that Japan's got.

The menu music is all I’ve ever cared about in the Gran Turismo series. I usually have the in-race music set to off because (1) it mostly sounds like butt rock and (2) I’d much rather listen to the car sounds and track ambience. Still, a custom music feature like GT5 and GT6 would be great for those rare occasions when I want something else to listen to.

It all depends on if sony wants to license the codecs and put a music player feature in PS5. They didn't bother with it in PS4 and that's why the feature was removed from GT Sport.

I'm in support of it because the default race music is tiresome after while and I had fun crafting my personal soundtracks in GT5/6.

It all depends on if sony wants to license the codecs and put a music player feature in PS5. They didn't bother with it in PS4 and that's why the feature was removed from GT Sport.

I'm in support of it because the default race music is tiresome after while and I had fun crafting my personal soundtracks in GT5/6.

True, driving a 458 Italia down the 24h version of Nordschleife while listening to Tiesto's Nyana on GT5 was the most adrenaline-pumping experience ever for me (which is played from my custom playlist)

Im hoping it makes a return. Seems like a waste of effort making a feature which uses AI to scan a song and generate a replay if you are only going to let it work with a handful of specific songs. I want to see the AI make a replay based on my own music which isnt popular enough to be included in the game. 🤡

I want to be able to add my music to the existing playlist. I used the custom playlist in GT6, but I had to record the stuff I wanted to keep. And it was cool to be able to hear the pre-launch versions of daiki kasho tunes, as well as music from SEGA Rally Championship show up in a replay.

How PD did not continue with a feature that is a clear step in the QoL direction, baffles me.

Wait... don't tell me they didn't have time or was it too much work to add this?

I love Gran Turismo music, the menu music and some Daiki Kasho is pretty good, but having the option to let us play our favourite songs is the best. The fact they had it in GT5 and GT6 and yet didn't apply it to GT7... Almost sickens me. It's something that literally can't go wrong, unless... it's not present at all, which is the case.

I don't know if it will return or not, but I hope it does. I like listening to my own choice of music rather than what the game throws at me. However the custom music feature in GT6 occasionally crashed my PS3, so I hope if it's in GT7 it doesn't do that to the PS5 :lol:.
I made a custom playlist on GT6 that just played every radio station in GTA Vice City. It was ****ing awesome!

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/music/usbmusic.html

I use this all the time for all my driving/racing on PS4, as I used to do on the XB360. There are even nice button shortcuts on the quick menu. 👍
ayyyy! this is a step in the right direction, works for me because i still prefer having the mp3s and flacs over streaming. still hoping PD does something where i can use my own music for race BGM but still have GTs comfy default menu music.

Back