Review: Clubsport Pedals (vs T500 RS)

• Thread starter LogiForce
  • 107 comments
Interesting I see you are already making use of the kit

Looks like my csp order will arrive this coming Wed so maybe by next weekend I'll have some impressions to put up. đź‘Ť

Actually I prefer my T500 pedals over my CSP's, I like the look and feel of the CSP but I am not as fast as with them as the T500's pedals. Maybe with the tuning kit for the CSP and some tinkering around? I know a few people in iRacing that feel the same as I do. The T500's are not nearly as bad as some people lead you to believe.

I never said they were bad either. In fact I still simply use those pedals most of the time, since I play a lot of GT5 and don't own a Fanatec wheel. So it's kinda forced, but I am still faster with those pedals as I am used to them.
I think the tuning kit will make a lot of difference. One thing that might help and you can do or might have tried already, is to make the throw smaller by upping the rod attachment to the brake pedal up one notch.

Hey left888 good to see you again but I must respectfully disagree I've never seen a T500RS owner pick their pedals over CSP. As a matter of fact many were talking bout selling their t500rs pedals (they can be used standalone on the PC if you purchase some equipment from John Bodin I believe)

But I love my t500rs pedals. I've always wondered how they stack up to the CSPs which is why I must find out for myself here shortly :D

howdy there Sandbox, if you look on some of the older threads at iRacing there were at least 2 not including myself who spoke of using their T500 pedals over CSP. I've tweaked my CSP with various results but I am still faster with my T500's, maybe just a preference?

Hey left888 good to see you again but I must respectfully disagree I've never seen a T500RS owner pick their pedals over CSP. As a matter of fact many were talking bout selling their t500rs pedals (they can be used standalone on the PC if you purchase some equipment from John Bodin I believe)

But I love my t500rs pedals. I've always wondered how they stack up to the CSPs which is why I must find out for myself here shortly :D

How long until Postman Pat arrives? I hope you got a tracking code unlike me unfortunately.

Yeah I got a tracking code and so far the prediction is Wednesday. đź‘Ť

That's very interesting left888. I've tried searching the forums some more but it turns out there's a ton of threads / posts about the t500rs there so I could've easily missed it.

Man they got a few good testimonies for them. Of course, the vast majority are upgrading from Logitech g25/g27 pedals. Here goes one:

Well guys just tried em out for the first time, and Im lost for words. These are amazing! I too have turned my fastest laps ever! Also recieved the tuning kit, but havent gotten around tinkering with them. If anyone is on the fence about purchasing them, do it. You wont regret it!

That's very interesting left888. I've tried searching the forums some more but it turns out there's a ton of threads / posts about the t500rs there so I could've easily missed it.

Man they got a few good testimonies for them. Of course, the vast majority are upgrading from Logitech g25/g27 pedals. Here goes one:

Don't get me wrong, I like the CSP and if you can tweak them just right they should be fine. Or perhaps the $50 pedal kit might make the difference. It might be that I used the T500 pedals for awhile before the CSP arrived and just got more comfortable with them, I have them reverse mounted in my custom rig. The CSP tend to flop around because they are not secured.

It has been awhile since I have been at the iRacing forum, but there was a thread where folks were complaining about Fanatecs poor service and a few others who had T500 pedals said the same thing as I did, "we are faster with the T500'S".

pedals.jpg

Last edited:
I just got out doing 2 laps in Dirt 3 for the heck of it.

I did a time trail on Monte Carlo - Col St Roch.
The first lap I did was with the ClubSport Pedals which got me a lap of 3.05.177 (which improved my old G25 lap of 3.08.787). With the T500 RS pedals I had a laptop of 3.17.026 due to hitting a wall and spinning. The reason I hit the wall cause I tried to control my grip using the throttle, but every time I did lift my foot a little nothing happened. I didn't even hear a minimal change in engine revs. Due to this lack of control I ended up hitting a wall in the end, even though I was able to keep up perfectly fine with my previous lap's ghost. I think this is due to the usage of the same wheel for both laps.
So in the end I had much better throttle accuracy with the CSP's, cause when I even lifted it by a couple of millimeters I could still hear the engine revs go down. Thus slowing down and getting that extra bit of grip back that I needed.
Also the brakes were totally different. The load-cell was much quicker and more accurate in responding to my braking then the T500 pedals. And when I used the pedals for the second lap, I had to apply more force for the same amount of pressure on the brakes. So much so, that I could less accurately control how much force I wanted to put on extra or take off. Resulting for me in earlier locking of the brakes and thus going straight as a result.

I have to note that I took my pedals to my car and used a 17mm wrench to adjust the springs in such way that they accurately represented my car's pedals. I only needed to add that +30% gas spring or else it would be really too light even at the strongest fine tuning settings.
My clutch has about 4-4.5 turns on it, to tighten up the spring. My gas pedal is around 5.5-6 turns with the heavier spring.

I have my pedals just on the floor. With my CSP's being F1 style and the T500's as GT style. (at least thats how TM calls it)

I think I am already more adjusted to my CSP's then my T500's due to the fact that they now represent my cars pedals accurately. Making me more accurate and in the end faster.
I do wonder though why left888 is better with his T500's, as I can't make heads or tails from the fact that one can be faster with less accurate equipment. I guess it's probably what he's more used to or something. *shrugs*

no need to *shrugs* anymore :indiff: your aforementioned Fanatec report pretty much sums it up. You prefer the CSP and I don't.

Would you like me to write up how much faster I am with the T500's compared to the CSP such as you did?

Well, it's not really necessary but feel free to do so. I do still wonder where your problem is with the CSP's, since you tried all settings from A to Z. (and I don't have iRacing so can't check that forum for the opinions over there)

I think I am already more adjusted to my CSP's then my T500's due to the fact that they now represent my cars pedals accurately. Making me more accurate and in the end faster.
I do wonder though why left888 is better with his T500's, as I can't make heads or tails from the fact that one can be faster with less accurate equipment. I guess it's probably what he's more used to or something. *shrugs*

I did the same thing to my pedals. I tweaked pedal springs, brake throw, and brake pressure until it felt similar to my road car. Then I further adjust in-game dead zones so throttle tip-in, initial brake pedal play, and clutch engagement point to get closer still. You're going to be fastest with whatever you're most comfortable using.

Left888 may be faster with his T500 RS pedals due to familiarity, inversion, or stability due to the increased weight. No one product is going to work best for everybody.

I did the same thing to my pedals. I tweaked pedal springs, brake throw, and brake pressure until it felt similar to my road car. Then I further adjust in-game dead zones so throttle tip-in, initial brake pedal play, and clutch engagement point to get closer still. You're going to be fastest with whatever you're most comfortable using.

Left888 may be faster with his T500 RS pedals due to familiarity, inversion, or stability due to the increased weight. No one product is going to work best for everybody.

Don't get me wrong, as I have already stated I like the CSP. I have tweaked them until I was blue in the face. Perhaps I need to spend another $50 and wait another 6 months for the brake kit to arrive and then tweak them some more so I can get a second or so faster then I am with the T500 pedals. :D

Last edited:

Agreed, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's the same with driving a car. To say it globaly, there are those that prefer an American car, others a European car and there are also that group that just love Asian cars.
I just wondered what left888 thought lacked in the CSP's that he found in the T500's is all. But nevermind, I don't really profit from that knowledge anyway. ;)

@Left888: What brake kit? Or do you mean the tuning kit?

That's a very interesting write up logiforce. I know Hampus has being swearing by his CSPs for awhile now along with RC45 and some others (Darin Gangi, etc included). I really love the look of these t500rs pedals tho

I don't suppose you have time to do anymore time trials or comparisons? :dopey:

In iRacing this is pretty easy since it logs all my best times. I just need to make sure I write them down cause I have the feeling I'm going to be blowing through them soon. I never quite adjusted to my t500rs brakes. I've tried the brake mods, etc but just couldn't find my groove. I love GT style though..... It looks so pimp.

John Bodin at iRacing just posted he's looking into adding load cell to the T500rs pedals. Going to be interesting if he accomplishes this feat

Let me do a lap on Spa with the F1 rim and either pedals in F1 2011 next. :P

Update:

Here's the verdict when it comes to best laps (done between 2 and 3 am in the morning) driven with a Ferrari...

T500 RS pedals - 1:44.445
ClubSport pedals - 1:43.712

Like I said, this is while being tired and in need for my warm bed. So maybe I could do better, but I am clearly faster with the CSP due to its accuracy. Which seems to be the reason for me at least.
Also I found out that my pedals we're too high up with my little feet, so I lowered them a notch. I am a man of small measure 5'6" or 1m68. And my feet are the same size as average female feet. I blame my mom for making me so small, cause my dad is closer to the height of a door. lol
Anyhow, CSP's for me. Now all I have to do is wait for the CSW. ^_^

Last edited:
That's quite a nice improvement. Can't wait to do some comparisons myself here pretty soon. And we all know your times will only get better as you get used to them

Wait a sec- F1 2011 on the PC is missing the brake vibration huh.... I won't have that disadvantage because both of my PC sims can utilize the brake vibration (via plugins). But not sure how big of a difference that will make

I only locked the wheel at the hairpin at start/finish on Spa 1 time for a fraction of a second. Lowering the pressure a tiny bit was already enough to unlock it.
I dunno, I tried putting my foot on the motor and pressing the "vibrate" button in the driver, but I dunno if I like the idea of the rumble under my foot. I think it'll just disorient my (at least at first) as too how hard I am braking. Especially if the rumble starts too early before the lock.
Tomorrow i'll go and look for a plugin for rFactor. I thought that was floating around somewhere. Or was it Thomas that showed it in a video? I'll have to check is channel again to make sure.

Hrm, according to formula1.com the fastest lap of this season was by Mark Webber at 1:49.883. Link: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2011/858/6891/fastest_laps.html
So that makes my 1:43.712 not so bad after all. lol

Last edited:
Let me do a lap on Spa with the F1 rim and either pedals in F1 2011 next. :P

Update:

Here's the verdict when it comes to best laps (done between 2 and 3 am in the morning) driven with a Ferrari...

T500 RS pedals - 1:44.445
ClubSport pedals - 1:43.712

My best time with the T500 wheel and pedal set at Spa F1 is 1:42 and change, I can verify if needed and I know I can beat that. At one point I was in the top 250 spots on the world rankings for Spa but that has slipped way down now.

I blame my mom for making me so small, cause my dad is closer to ...

My word you are just a youngster :D I am almost 52 years old :yuck: and I'm usually in bed by 10:00 and up at 4:30 am. :D

Nice times. I only F1 2011 about 4 or 5 times. Don't know about my spa times in other games. Haven't checked and don't really keep track. But still, nice time old man.

I am actually just as old as you... if you invert the two figures that is. Heh
I was born in February '86 actually. My dad plays GT5 a lot as well and uses my old wheels. So when I get my hands on the CSW I'll pass him the T500 RS. He is from December '59, so 52 almost now as well. He can drive well enough as well, so I will never underestimate the older generation. Ghehe ;)

Oh and I'm just a vampire with no life, so don't mind this youngster. There is a little history to how it ended up like that, but I rather keep that to myself. ;)

Last edited:
Have had my CSP's a couple of weeks now.
Such a massive step up from G25 pedals.
Put a stiffer spring on the gas pedal , but oddly it caused gas to not reach 100% in both GT5 & FM4, and soon became very frustrating. Switching the wheel off and on again helped for a few seconds but then would fail on me again:ill:
I switched back to the original gas spring and is working reliably again:tup: *scratches head*

I am very happy with the brake pedal load cell and became used to it quite quickly, however, curiosity was just gnawing away at me about moving the pivot up one hole on the brake.
I took the plunge and VERY CAREFULY followed Thomas's CSP instruction video:nervous:
(All the nuts & bolts etc, on mine at least, were definitely assembled by the Incredible Hulk, they were so tight)was very afraid at this point of rounding off the insides of the alan key slots))

Brake pedal modded , all put back together , MacLaren F1 taken to Spa (GT5), and BAM , my mind is blown, AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME.
First lap I beat my previous time (with CSP) by over 1 second, and by lap 5 I was 4.5 seconds faster. 4.5 I say.
I was very consistent before but this has obviously made a HUGE difference for the better.
I actualy feel my CSP's are now 3X better than before the alteration.

Thank You Fanatec for such an amazing product, it feels like a dream.

left888, happy for you to write up a T500 report but this is Logi's write up and most of us (i know i am) appreciate his extensive review and ongoing reviews.

T500 and CSP are good and bad in their own right, if you feel so strongly about the t500, go do a comprehensive review and let others judge.

Logi, keep the good work up, I know more than one appreciates it. I am sold on the CSP.

Finally got them I presume?

Also, I will continue to keep up the good work. Hell, instead of doing the same good work I'll do my best to improve my next review. ;)

left888, happy for you to write up a T500 report but this is Logi's write up and most of us (i know i am) appreciate his extensive review and ongoing reviews.
I agree

T500 and CSP are good and bad in their own right, if you feel so strongly about the t500, go do a comprehensive review and let others judge.
That's exactly what I said.

I am sold on the CSP.

My guess is you have never even tried a T500 have you?

Btw left888 I like that cockpit. What type of cockpit is that though? Interesting you're using the GT configuration. I would like to something similar to what you are doing which would allow me to easily switch out brakes. đź‘Ť

Also, why not toss up a review in this thread with your thoughts on CSP vs T500RS? Would be very cool to read. Hold nothing back. I think Logiforce started this thread so we could all share our thoughts I plan to do the samething

In the same post he says...
I have them reverse mounted in my custom rig.

I reckon it's his own work of art.

I started this thread to post my review, as the rest was more for discussion in general it seemed at the time. Feel free to do as you like though as long as it stays somewhat on topic. ;)

Back