Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

Great shots of the Audi. I really like the colour in those shots as well as the clouds. Also great composition. 👍

Wow... now there's no purpose of continuing with my QoS update XD Nothing can look better than what you've done there. Brilliant editing and composition (as always ;) )! Love the TT set as well! :)

Thank you all, kind sirs!
A smallish update here, I realised I never posted my Tournament 2.0 Qualifier entry in here, my Lotus Elise at Mt. Aso for the "Riding Solo" theme. It did rather well, even if I do say so myself (:P), tying Wallbreaker for the win! Thanks to those who voted :)

And to spice up what would otherwise be a single-picture update, a reject from a Pit Stops shoot for Round 2 of the Tourney - this one I was fond of, but ultimately did not make the cut. I've added a bit more Photoshop trickery to this one than usual, opting for full on weather effects to add a bit of drama. Enjoy!

Lotus Elise @ Mt. Aso

Lexus IS Touring Car @ Suzuka

Click for full size.

TVR&FF - Thank you sir! :)
Nato_777 - Cheers Nato :) The reflections certainly do pop in the shadows there. I'm saving that one for if there is ever a "reflections" theme in the 2.0 comp!
hawk2201 - Thanks :)
Leicht - The original TT is a brilliant car, infinitely cooler than the second gen. It's quite good fun to drive too, especially in 3.2 quattro guise. Mine is fairly lightly tuned, full suspension upgrade in order to slam it as low as it'll go as per the theme, but I've let it breathe a little easier with racing exhausts and racing intake systems. Nothing too major though! Papaya orange is a great colour btw! ;)
SVX - Thanks SVX :dopey:
Klaus_PSU - Thank you! It is a shame there is no DBS in GT5, it'd be a very welcome addition! I was lucky that I was able to track down a few good donor pics, although they were never at the exact correct angle, they always required a little bit of finessing. Glad you like the set though!
NBDESIGNZ - Cheers 👍
Skython11 - Thank you! They did come out nicely, hey :)
28032 - Glad you like it!
Benmastaw00t - Cheers Ben, I haven't really shot much at HSR before, it certainly is a good location. I was inspired to come here after the Veyron week of the CCCL produced so many excellent shots. As to the colour scheme, for this set I've gone for a golden, mid afternoon sunlight sort of look to the shots. I've not tried to get a cross-processed look to this set (although I have been guilty of doing that in the past), although I think the heavy vignetting might be what is hinting at that to you. The vignettes are just a personal thing, I love a good dark vignette, always have, they just seem to focus the eye on the centre of the image and add a good dose of drama to the shot.
ashes619 - Aah, somebody noticed the clouds! My aim with this set was those golden sun-bathed clouds offset against the baby blue sky. Thanks!
TDK - Haha, just practice! Best of luck in the comp btw, looking forwards to the poll!
Yui-San - Thank you Yui! Glad you like the set.
eugene2023 - Thanks! :dopey:
FishyJuice - Cheers! Glad you like the set!

wow if thats your reject I can't wait till the poll is up later tomorrow to see your actual entry :drool: Theres such a great sense of action in the shot and an amazing atmosphere 👍

The Lotus Elise picture is outstanding. First of all, I like the colour of the car; the saturation is strong, but not distracting. The shadows add to the realistic look of the picture, as well. The background blur is very nice, and the colours of the sky are eye-catching. The rims look good, but the edges are a bit rough, so softening them would make them even better! Otherwise, there is nothing to complain about.

The dynamic in the second picture is what makes it very appealing, in my opinion. The blur is not too strong, so that the contemplator can still perceive the important details. I like the increased amount of saturation on the car compared to the rest of the picture, because this is what the contemplator concentrates on.

👍

soloracer - Thanks! The poll is up now - go vote! :D Glad you like it, I took a heap from that pit stop and none of the shots of the car sitting still whilst being worked on excited me... I had to have a bit of motion in there :P
Magic Racer - Thanks! I appreciate the critique, a more in-depth look at my shots is always appreciated :) I can see what you mean about the Lotus shot, I may have over sharpened the wheels a tiny bit. Thanks for the comment!
725 - Thanks 725! It's really easy to do, just render some clouds, add noise, motion blur and set Layer Blending to screen and turn the opacity down a bit! :) What sets it off though are the big rain drops, they're just a 1px white brush drawing lines on a fresh layer and then hitting it with a bit of motion blur :)
SMFan - Cheers! The rain is easy! ^ read the above comment and try it yourself ;)
FishyJuice - Haha, thanks! Never put yourself down, your shots are really good :)

The Elise is pure desktop material, and while it was easy to guess as yours in the poll, that by no means made it expected. Hope that makes sense - it has your visual editing style baked in, but it's a fresh angle and composition. Definitely deserved that strong showing with the votes 👍

The Lexus, wow! Sure, with the weather effects, it's not eligible for the competition, but even looking past them, I can see why you're fond of it. It's very well done, and much like Raphaele's shot in the poll, really feels like a spectator's personal shot, which adds to that "right in the thick of it" feel that works so well.

...I'm not looking forward to a potential rematch ;)

HOLY SMACKORONY... dat Lexus... :drool: Those pitstop men are so hard core! That's what pitstop pictures are all about.

Gotta love your photos. All of them! :drool:

SVX
HOLY SMACKORONY... dat Lexus... :drool: Those pitstop men are so hard core! That's what pitstop pictures are all about.

This! That pit stop picture, the Lotus on Mountain Aso and the Aston Martin set all are brilliant, just like every other picture in this gallery. I love them all. Been following you quite some time already, just never posted a comment... don't know why, you're one of the best if not the best yourself around here. 👍

I'd really like to hear some constructive criticism about my pictures in my gallery (just started a new one), would be great if you'd visit it.
My problem here is that there's no constructive criticism that I could add. All I can do is saying that you're a master of photography and editing, wish I could do the same with my shots... yours are really perfect in every aspect I think.
By the way, about that Lamborghini online shooting (sent you the link via visitor message), it would be amazing if you'd join that. Mainly because I'd love to see your shots of that event then. :)

The pitstop is Brilliant! Perfectly executed.

I'd love to see what you could do to a pit stop during a night race. Striking stuff.

Last edited:
Lexus WEDSPORTS at pits picture is something that we look and we can't believe is GT5, dude really love your job from the start, keep it up!

Why I haven't visited this Gallery before I don't know....? Your work is very inspiring:)

Hats off to you Revolution, pure class :bowdown:

I love a picture that tells a story. Yours of the GT300 Lexus coming into the pits is great on many levels. The drama, the lighting, the composition, and what is happening within the shot. Hats off to you, Rev!

Like everyone said - beautiful shots. Love the mood in the pit shot as well as the tones and calm feel of Mt. Aso. Wonderful work!

Ack! Way too long without an update here! The blame for this is my university semester coming to a close... so much work to do! But it's winding down (finally!) now, so I ought to be able to bring you all more regular updates. :)

For now though, a recap on my tournament entries, which are as yet unposted in this thread! The first image, Pit Stops, defeated TheDrummingKing in the second round of the tournament. The second image, Eyeball, defeated SlipZtrEm in the semi-final round. You'll notice I haven't included my final-winning R8 image in this set.. that'll come soon, with a couple others from that set, I think!

Thanks to all those who commented on the previous update, I shall reply to those tomorrow!

In the meantime...

Tournament Entries

"Pit Stops"

"Eyeball"

Click for full size.​

They were fantastic when you entered them, they are unsurprisingly still fantastic. 👍

Can't wait to see the R8 set.

Back