Revorking the AI

• Thread starter klondike
  • 6 comments
Klondike_rush
I saw and interesting video about the AI programming in ACC.

I kinda like the AI already (PS4 version) IMO its 100 times better than anything else on Console.

But it has some flaws where AI is not overtaking eachother. So really nice and interesting to see how the AI programming is done.

Yeah I like watching Stefano's streams, get an insight into how things ain't so easy as we think when we complain about things taking so long to improve in the game. But it won't stop me complaining as It's in my nature it seems lol but all I wish for is games too stop being released in such a state as this was and it should have been put back till this months big patch. Either that Sony need too quicken up the process so we can get hotfixes like the pc does as and when ready.

Last edited:
all I wish for is games too stop being released in such a state as this was and it should have been put back till this months big patch. Either that Sony need too quicken up the process so we can get hotfixes like the pc does as and when ready.

So you would prefer the game to have been launched correctly at the end of September, rather than launched in June and patched through to September? The end result is exactly the same, except that we'd have waited 3 more months to start playing!? :lol:

And as much as people don't like it (complaining about being beta testers blah blah) , us players are going to find a lot more bugs than a limited QA team, so if they delayed the launch till end September, it would probably still have had loads wrong with it!!

Lastly its not Sony holding up the patches, it's the under-resourced devs struggling to figure this all out to release patches in the first place. It's not like they have a stack of fixes ready to go awaiting approval...

Personally I like all this behind the scenes stuff, it is nice to see what goes into making it all work. I wonder why Stefano came back tho, although I'm glad he did - hopefully some of this work makes it through to console at some point

I'm seeing the AI to AI doing nice overtaking moves. When I rebooted the game after the GT4 DLC, the AI was set to 90/0. They raced, but didn't overtake.
Set at 90/70, they got a bit closer to show the nose, but backed off. At 90/90, they'll stay side by side, until the pass is complete by them or me. Clean racing with room given by both parties.

The one thing I'm not liking, of course I've taken advantage, are when AI enter and exit the pits. When they are choosing to take their pit stops, they jump over to the blend line and move back and forth. When there are multiple AI next to one another, the car that wants to pit nearly collides with everyone already in line to brake for the 50km/h line.

When cars are re-entering, when I'm behind an AI coming up in those cars, sometimes the AI brake or slowdown when there is no need to. Doesn't happen all the time, but the program doesn't need to slow down, as the cars re-entering aren't moving over to the racing line.

Other than that, I'm happy with AI programming.

At 100/100, the AI leave me for dead. 95/95 is giving me a hard time. I'm down the bottom 16-20 during qualifying.
May have to knock it down to 92-93, to run mid-pack.

Back