rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
Yes, I have the same feeling. The bundle is overpriced and MSG are bankrupt. These things are a sign to me to not support it for now. I will wait a bit because current status is very unclear. And like you said, current game status is not the best. :D I can easily buy expensive DLCs for a complete game, but rF2 is very far from complete game. It's kind of framework for having great racing experience.

The only thing not to like is the price of the content, but it is hard for me to resist British tracks and touring cars, so that is the pack I bought, I left Laguna on the shelf where it belongs :P

I did struggle to get the CSL DD working again in rF2, which was a frustrating experience, still no native support it seems :( :( :(

Downshift protection feels a bit inconsistent, but I guess that is just learning what works and what doesn't I hope.

Once on track with everything seemingly working, the driving experience for the Toyota is fantastic, it feels like a great representation of a front wheel drive touring car (in my mind anyway), eager to rotate on corner entry, care is needed until the rear tyres are up to temperature, with precise throttle control required on exit to keep the nose headed in the direction you want.

Excellent representations of Brands and Donington but that was to be expected!

Value for money, that will be determined by how much use it gets...

Sim lovers probably don't have free will. I had to buy it too. :D It's great like expected.

Exactly, If I play rF2 only it's easy to decide but as a car game lover I play everything.

Significant BTCC update coming to rFactor 2. 2022 liveries for all the existing models, reconfirmation of the Astra coming plus a tease of bonus content as well for the Q4 2022 update. Q1 2023 will also see a more accurate Toca hybrid system being implemented.

How does this game play with a game pad?

Last edited:
It's probably the best game for the gamepad. The input is ISIMotor and physics is very special. Every other game is rather harder but not more real.

I needed to find a general thread to discuss rFactor 2, so I searched this one. If you saw one of my latest posts, I ranted about being done with rFactor 2. This is going to be a bit confusing, so follow my lead. I gave it another shot buying and downloading rFactor. It said I did not have 512 MB of video RAM to play rF2. It was at that point I said I was done with this game. I went on Steam and wanted my money refunded. Then later, I read someone note that if you clicked "No" to "...continue away," the game COULD run. That is somehow a bug with PCs that have older hardware. I didn't try this myself because I was already done uninstalling this game from my PC. If I did keep the game and then try to run rF2 anyways, it may have changed my mind and maybe enjoy what I tried to get intrigued for.

So now, I'll give it one last FINAL chance. I might buy this game one last time and try to exhaust every option to get it to work in some capacity. If it fails on me one last time, I am done with this game forever after trying hard to get it to work and get to play it. Heck, I'll even just play the very old rFactor 2 demo and pretend to have a good time with it instead.

Here is an update. I silently bought rF2 again because I felt there were some things I didn't get to try out to try to get rF2 to work on my PC. The main problem I had was in not having the 512 MB video RAM minimum. Turns out, my GPU RAM is at 128 MB GPU RAM from my integrated Intel processor. I do not have the finances to get a GPU dock and a GPU recommended for rF2 for my mini office PC.

Rather than refund, I decided to buy rF2 and then keep it, even if the game doesn't work. And if it keeps not working, then... waste of money, methinks. It would just be better to find a way to get the game to work instead of buy-refund.

Here is an update. I silently bought rF2 again because I felt there were some things I didn't get to try out to try to get rF2 to work on my PC. The main problem I had was in not having the 512 MB video RAM minimum. Turns out, my GPU RAM is at 128 MB GPU RAM from my integrated Intel processor. I do not have the finances to get a GPU dock and a GPU recommended for rF2 for my mini office PC.

Rather than refund, I decided to buy rF2 and then keep it, even if the game doesn't work. And if it keeps not working, then... waste of money, methinks. It would just be better to find a way to get the game to work instead of buy-refund.
Raceroom says it requires 1024mb dedicated vram but I can run it on a intel i3 1005g1 with integrated uhd gfx at 1080p 60fps low-ish settings, same goes for AC.
Race 07/GTR2/Automobilista 1 can run higher gfx settings because they're older.
From what I understand the Integrated gfx share ram, so the more ram you have the more vram you get (up to a point) I stuck a 16gb ram stick in my laptop to give me a total of 20gb ram (4gb soldered onboard), so the integrated gpu shares half (10gb available), however I believe it only uses a maximum of 4096 dedicated.
Also you need to run your laptop in high performance mode so it uses all available ram & vram from the start of the process, you can find this under power options.
There's a few other little tweaks you can do to get games running better on a potato laptop but I'm only just relearning everything again myself.

Raceroom says it requires 1024mb dedicated vram but I can run it on a intel i3 1005g1 with integrated uhd gfx at 1080p 60fps low-ish settings, same goes for AC.
Race 07/GTR2/Automobilista 1 can run higher gfx settings because they're older.
From what I understand the Integrated gfx share ram, so the more ram you have the more vram you get (up to a point) I stuck a 16gb ram stick in my laptop to give me a total of 20gb ram (4gb soldered onboard), so the integrated gpu shares half (10gb available), however I believe it only uses a maximum of 4096 dedicated.
Also you need to run your laptop in high performance mode so it uses all available ram & vram from the start of the process, you can find this under power options.
There's a few other little tweaks you can do to get games running better on a potato laptop but I'm only just relearning everything again myself.
I am using a mini office PC, not a laptop. It has 16 GB of RAM, and I was considering stepping it up to 32 GB RAM. I am trying nearly everything to simply get past the splash screen and not see the "...insufficient video memory..." dialog. For some reason, rF2 uninstalled on my PC last time I attempted to play it, so I reinstalled it looking to try to get rF2 to finally work. Lots to do to try to get rF2 to work. I'll hopefully find a way on my current PC- one way or another...

Thoughts on the future of rFactor 2 now that Motorsport Games is collapsing? I had dibs on Embracer Group buying Studio 397 out of them were it not for Embracer also laying off people across their companies.

Back