Ridiculously overpriced used cars

What is the 993 situation?
Everyone wants 993s so everything else (except 996s) goes up because no one can afford 993s anymore. In comparison everyone wants R34s and have already had years of steady diets of the already far more plentiful R33s and R32s so I think they will just continue fighting over R34s as they progressively become legal.

Would you pay nearly $150k for a 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra? This one is in showroom condition having just 34 miles.

1708978596270.png

Would you pay nearly $150k for a 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra? This one is in showroom condition having just 34 miles.

View attachment 1331934

If I were in the market with silly money, for sure.

View attachment 1331934

I wouldn’t call that stupidly overpriced, especially for the mileage and condition of it. Certainly a better value than most second-hand JDM cars from the era these days lol.

It is silly money for a '93 Mustang. But anything remotely interesting, and relatively old, on delivery mileage is always going for big money. It will no doubt stay deliver mileage and just sit in a collection. Its not a car any more, it's just part of someone's investment portfolio.

1990 Chevrolet Beretta pace car with 45 miles up for sale for almost $40,000

View attachment 1337391

View attachment 1337392

@Tornado
Based on dubious sources, this car cost kind of a lot in 1990, around $17,000. Adjusted for inflation, that's around $41,000 in today's money. It's basically a new car...so...kind of a deal? :lol:

I do wonder who the hell bought a Beretta Pace car (and kept it for 35 years) with the idea of never driving it only for it to appreciate just a tick under the rate of inflation.

Last edited:
So, you want a half million dollar Land Cruiser?

View attachment 1340253

That looks like an ad made by Tyrone Biggums.

This is what I’m dealing with here.

Knock a zero off that and it's still over market value. Wonder what the milage is?
Finding the listing, there's a picture of it at 1,353.3 miles.

Edit* Interesting enough, it's apparently, an Aussie example. Right hand drive, I think it still has its original Aussie plate? It's a yellow one with WA at the top, something I've found from one source that ran from 1978-1997. Still obviously overpriced, but this thing could be worth some genuine money if the mileage & originality is really there.

Last edited:
I get the mileage is low on this particular one, but the modifications don't add to the value... $70k for a first model year GS F is just too much. Always wanted a GS F or IS F, but their prices are not great in the used market. Guess I'll have to settle for an RC F, which I get has been produced longer than the other two full F models. Just doesn't seem reasonable for me to "upgrade" from a GS350 to a GS F that's likely been abused... (For the price range I'd be looking at)

To me, the GS F just doesn’t look different enough to the IS F. I’d prefer the RC F or IS. The four door designs should be more distinct like the older GS and IS models.

I get the mileage is low on this particular one, but the modifications don't add to the value... $70k for a first model year GS F is just too much. Always wanted a GS F or IS F, but their prices are not great in the used market. Guess I'll have to settle for an RC F, which I get has been produced longer than the other two full F models. Just doesn't seem reasonable for me to "upgrade" from a GS350 to a GS F that's likely been abused... (For the price range I'd be looking at)

It is the mileage dictating the value. It’s pretty much an 8-year old performance car that’s done under 2,000 miles a year on average. And I’d guess the last few owners have been trying to flip it due to that.

It doesn’t help enthusiasts that GSF demand has increased a bit over the last few years now that the car is out of production & Lexus is stepping further away from V8s. I’ve been looking at one for myself & you shouldn’t have trouble finding one much cheaper, around $50-60k, probably even a little less with extra use.

Back