RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
This is a special configuration that should be very close to the Gan-san NSX-R lap at 7.56s :

HONDA LA-NA2 3.2 NSX-R / Type R 2002
Nordschleife 7:56s Lap by Motoharu Kurosawa

Tuned to replicate NSX-R NA2
Comfort Soft

CAR : Honda NSX Type R '02
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Sport Auto Test and Dyno Power August 26 2002
Horsepower: 315 HP / 320 PS at 6500 RPM
Torque: 263.4 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.7%
Weight: 1244 kg - stage 3
Ballast : 190 kg
Ballast Position : 24 for 42.7 / 57.3
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57
Performance Points: 483

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Aero Kits : Type A ( OPTIONAL )
Wheels : Standard Size Stock or BBS RE-MG or BBS RS or ENKEI RP03 or RAYS TE37 or TE37SL or TE37V
Car Paint : Cyberia Blue or Championship White or Formula Red

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold - ONLY FOR DYNO POWER 315HP
Intake Tuning - ONLY FOR DYNO POWER 315HP
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 3 -ONLY FOR SPORT AUTO TEST WEIGHT

Suspension - HONDA NSX-R SHOWA OEM Springs/Damper - BASE
HONDA OEM Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 125 125
Spring Rate: 10.40 8.30
Dampers (Compression): 4 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2
Camber Angle: 0.5 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.28 0.39

LSD HONDA Torque Control Differential with factory preload
Rear
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Brake Balance:
5/7 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/7 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The replica should be able to get very similar lap ( cornering speed, braking point, shift point and top speed before braking point )- use manual shifter with clutch :P Be smooth, just like Gan-san did :) Happy driving and remember to drive in pace that you would do in real.

Of course you know I'm going to have to try this, Is this an old tune or is it a new one and if so :bowdown:

You are the Sensei!!
Ying - Yang.jpg

Cheers Smiley.gif

Of course you know I'm going to have to try this, Is this an old tune or is it a new one and if so :bowdown:

You are the Sensei!! View attachment 394570

View attachment 394571

It's an old replica already posted, I picked the closest setup options that should be very close to the car that Gan-san drove. The NSX-R that holds the record was Honda Test Car which may have special alignment as well as lighter weight ( Sport Auto NSX-R test has the car lighter than Honda published claim at 1244kg on full tank - highly likely Honda Press car for testing purpose like in Best Motoring ). I used the 1244kg weight, but knowing a time attack setup would be, the Gan-san NSX-R would have jut enough fuel for a lap or 2 at Green Hell for maximum performance, you can see how hard the NSX-R accelerate from 1st to 5th gear and it's quite close with 320PS/1244kg NSX in GT6.

Try to run to 1st sector ( around 50+s in GT6 - hit the flugplatz ) and compare it side by side to the Gan-san video :P

Informative thing, for all, helps a lot driving on wheel at least, maybe on DS3 too:
Settings for best simulation feel on GT6

I'll prefer you start reading from few pages earlier.
That thread contains lot of good information, but you should use BS filter and concentrate on actual information, not BS. :)

If adapting settings 1:1 you'll have much more fun from @Ridox2JZGTE 's Replicas.
Could you, please, copy paste those pictures here to not being forced to create an account there? (Without logging in, the pictures can't be seen).

Could you, please, copy paste those pictures here to not being forced to create an account there? (Without logging in, the pictures can't be seen).
Change that "sharpen" to "normal" and test.
Sharpen might sharpen picture, but it softens/blur FFB, and it makes game go slower than "normal"setting.

Tested your golf, from your garage just to get some car what you're familiar.
Steering characteristics from options has to be "simulation", "amateur" helps on steering really much, practically makes impossible to understeer car, "professional" is helping lot too, not as much as amateur, but lot.
Only working option is "simulation", others are killing possibility of turning too much what will/should make front tires either slip(understeer) or grab and make rear oversteer.

And I'm not joking about this, your golf is freaking easy to use as test car, you're able to floor throttle out from corners when using amateur or professional, but no way when on simulation, on simulation it understeers so much on corner exit at you have to feather throttle.

Things what HAS TO BE SET before testing anything from GT6 physics are following, MANDATORY.
setting1.jpg

setting2.jpg

setting3.jpg

setting4.jpg

And yes I'm using G27, and I can read at game THINKS at some of those settings are not for G27 or steering wheel at all, but that's total ******** from PD.

Only thing what can be changed from there is "power assisted steering", but when it's on it shows flaws better, without it is easier to drive, but when hunting changes on steering it should be on.

-----
Here you are.
Basically 720p as resolution, simulation on driving characteristics, FFB 6/10, steering sensitivity 6, normal image quality.
Power steering on if you want to feel tires slip better, excellent during tuning of car, but can be switched off when racing. I'm using always on, I want to feel that slip point also during racing.

Last edited:
@danbojte if you want to see how rim can affect driving take your Ridox Ralliart Mitsubishi and install "golden Prodrive GC-010G" wheels on it, go and race around Silverstone with it and change back to rims what are mentioned on tune.
You'll find heavily understeer car when on Prodrive rims, and on original it handles well.. Difference or placebo?

If using "sharpen" on image quality you will get better grip, but you loose some FFB effects, or those effects are too smooth to be feel.

Last edited:
@danbojte if you want to see how rim can affect driving take your Ridox Ralliart Mitsubishi and install "golden Prodrive GC-010G" wheels on it, go and race around Silverstone with it and change back to rims what are mentioned on tune.
You'll find heavily understeer car when on Prodrive rims, and on original it handles well.. Difference or placebo?

If using "sharpen" on image quality you will get better grip, but you loose some FFB effects, or those effects are too smooth to be feel.
Not sure I feel the difference , but I'm using a stick controller :eek:, on the other hand with the 720p resolution it feels like I should be putting my driving glasses on even if I'm only a couple of feet away from the screen :lol:.

:banghead: :grumpy: Sorry folks, I have to make an announcement :

During the last week event, the BMW 1M that I drove has accel LSD at 24 :( I just drove the car again, and found out the LSD accel was not 30. Sorry guys, just want to come clean :cheers: I must have forgotten to double check the LSD after I changed oil and restore rigidity, and I used the wrong tab on the tune sheet.

And just had a look at suspension, :banghead: I changed the camber and toe too on the tab, apparently it was the tab for experimentation purpose :eek:

Sport Auto Super Test Measured Alignment ( 1M press car provided by BMW )
F R
Camber : 1.6 1.3
Toe : 0.27 0.17

:crazy: The alignment is way off than the rules, please kill me :P

EDIT : I will also update the 1M again, the alignment base value is a bit off than the 1M factory specs :) the replica uses a test car stock alignment from Eibach.

Last edited:

During the last week event, the BMW 1M that I drove has accel LSD at 24 :( I just drove the car again, and found out the LSD accel was not 30. Sorry guys, just want to come clean :cheers: I must have forgotten to double check the LSD after I changed oil and restore rigidity, and I used the wrong tab on the tune sheet.

And just had a look at suspension, :banghead: I changed the camber and toe too on the tab, apparently it was the tab for experimentation purpose :eek:

F R

EDIT : I will also update the 1M again, the alignment base value is a bit off than the 1M factory specs :) the replica uses a test car stock alignment from Eibach.
Well I'm not really for the killing stuff :(, but a healthy dose of pushups :mischievous: could be a valuable solution :lol:.

@OdeFinn Are you saying that sharpening the IMAGE on my screen will increase the grip of my TIRES?! :crazy: :eek: :boggled:
Funny as it sounds, yes. Reason is limited power of ps3, it doesn't have enough CPU power to count tires after that and it compensates that by adding grip on them.
So running image normal gives realistic grip, gradually loosen and gain when it should, and also when sudden loss of traction it can provide it.
When image sharpening is on it grips more than realistic.
We can have different opinion about which is realistic, but I vote for normal, probably the way how they (PD) intended it to be, as they're stating it as"normal".

FFB have minor losses when sharpen is used, haven't seen similar things when normal is used.

Yeah...Inquiring minds wanna know!!! I want to make sure my car is setup properly and I get plenty of practice time in, just so I can be abducted by aliens, or something equally ridiculous, minutes before the race begins this weekend. :grumpy:
Hey that was going to be my excuse for the second race I can't do because I have to go to work :grumpy:, now I'll have to find something more ingenious :crazy: for my excuse. :lol:

miami-vice_banner-958x354.jpg

TRIBUTE

Schedule

Join Now

Track:

Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo
(Cote D'Azur)

"[...]still considered the ultimate test of driving skills" - Wikipedia

monaco_map.gif

Car & Settings for the Race:
CAR : Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs Weight Distribution AutoCar Sept 1971 Test - BASE
Horsepower: 347 HP at 7300 RPM
Torque : 318.2 ft-lb at 5500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1400 kg
Ballast : 200 kg
Ballast Position : -21
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47
Performance Points: 483

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size Classic Wire Knock Off 2Bar in Silver Chrome
Car Paint : Brilliant Black, Rosso Corsa, Giallo Modena or White.
Aero Kits Type A

Tuning Parts Installed :
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - Ferrari Spring/Koni Damper ( Stock Spring Rate Ratio Adapted )
Base/Visual Ride Height + Ferrari OEM Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 115 90
Spring Rate: 9.25 5.66
Dampers (Compression): 2 4
Dampers (Extension): 1 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 0.0 2.2
Toe Angle: 0.15 0.15

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION -Ferrari 5 Speed With Porsche Type Syncromesh
Calculated based on Ferrari Service Handbook Spec

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 320kmh / 199mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.076
2nd 2.121
3rd 1.570
4th 1.258
5th 0.970
Set Final : 3.300

LSD - Medium Lock Bevel Gear + Plate LSD
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 24
Braking Sensitivity: 8

Brake Balance:
5/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear. Recommend 3/4 for Racing Brakes Kit.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

(Link to the original tune by @Ridox2JZGTE )

All Settings Must be followed Exactly

Free choice:

Colors, Brakes, Rims (same size)

Racing numbers with Gran Turismo logo are mandatory!

Penalty: None, Wear: Very Fast, Damage: Light

No Aids/ABS

2 x 30 min Races
60 min between Starts

Track limits:

The track area is delimited always by the continuous white lines painted on both sides of the track.

You are required to keep always at least two wheels inside the track area.

The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track.

Please read and follow the
GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines

Important!
The races will Start on time. The room will be opened 30 min before the race.

Starting Grid:

#3 @ALB123

#7 @danbojte
qt8sHc5vw6loTTMW2O_0[1].jpg

#44 @Brewguy44

#46 @Thorin Cain

#69 @TurnLeft
City of Arts and Sciences - Night_5.jpg

#81 @OdeFinn

Results:

Race 1.jpg

Race 2.jpg

Last edited:

F R

Well I'm not really for the killing stuff :(, but a healthy dose of pushups :mischievous: could be a valuable solution :lol:.

@Ridox2JZGTE
The Sentence:
You can keep your life, you will not be killed like you've asked. 👍
You don't have to do push-ups like @TurnLeft asked. 👍
You are officially disqualified from that race. 👎 :P :lol:

Not sure, probably yes, I'm not familiar with DS3, used for one full lap ever.
Difference on FFB is so minor between normal and sharpen so probably it drain ps3 so much at it gives same grip change for DS3 too.

I'm testing now my Evo VI TME replica on CS at Tsukuba, sharpen : 1:05.544, then quit, changed to normal : 1:05.560, both on 1st or 2nd lap.

If the picture mode burden PS3, what about picture size and 720 vs 1080p vs 1080i ? or cockpit view ( less fps ) or 7.1/5.1 surround vs 2ch LPCM ?

EDIT : Dropped to 1:05.4s with normal on 1st lap ( retry ) :lol:

I have never used the Sharpen setting, I have always used Normal.

I'm using Full HD, never have used 720p for Gran Turismo, only for an old action game which wasn't built for 1080p.

My wheel setting is 2 and 8.
0 for controller sensitivity.

:cheers:

All ready for saturday, tuned, painted and waiting for the green light.

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_5.jpg

Also found myself a new pit crew, got their curriculum vitae and it was quite impressive, these guys are ready for action, they told me I'd be unbeatable :rolleyes:.
Cars-2-pit-crew.jpg

I kept all the others and offered them promotions as personal secretaries, think I've got a different one for every day of the week. :cool:

Back