RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
Well, another trip to the Nurburgring for the Ridox Replica Fan Club. Great organization, as always @danbojte!

I was absolutely thrilled to finally grab another win, but it didn't come easy. @Thorin Cain -- was my pass on you, during Lap #1, dirty? I saw you get all squirrely and I took the corner pretty smoothly, so I still had my foot to the floor and aimed for the inside of the kink. I know we made slight contact...I just hope it wasn't a dirty/illegal tactic. When I mentally knew I was going for it, I really thought that I would pass you before the track started to bend, but I should have known better since I was only pushing 227hp (I think?)... Anyway, I hope it was a clean move. If not, I'm very sorry. :(

I jumped out to a pretty sizable lead early on... I think it was already a couple of seconds by time my tires hit the Nordschleife. And then it grew and grew! Something must have happened. I'm going to have to see how my lead got all the way up to 7+ seconds! I was beyond shocked. There was a part of me that wanted to start taking it a little bit easier, lest I push too hard and end up in the sand or upside down on the side of the track. Fortunately, the smarter side of me said "There are very good drivers behind you. Your lead is not safe!"

There were a couple of sections that I did purposely go a little easier than I normally would on Lap #3, but I'm just talking about a quick lift off the gas pedal for a second or a tap of the brakes on a corner I usually just roll through with no gas. Nothing major. Anyway, by the third lap my lead was down to about 5 seconds. It should have been smooth sailing, but it wasn't. @OdeFinn & @RMan72 were putting the pressure on me. I made one mistake and went on the grass and lost half my lead. Luckily, the gap never got closer than about 2.2s, at least when I would notice the blue gap indicator...

Race #2 was tough for me. I ran Race #1 with a 20kg ballast penalty, but I was going to have to run Race #2 with an 80kg ballast just because I am so handsome!! Or maybe it's because that's what the winner of the last race has to endure. :sly: :D I'm sure OdeFinn can attest, he ran with 80kg extra in Race #1, that extra weight really changes how you have to drive the car. I had to brake earlier for a lot of corners because of the extra weight and I could totally feel that the car couldn't pull like it would at the base weight. Hopefully, I wasn't too big of a pain in the arse for whomever was behind me..

Sorry about that contact RMan72. When my car got all squirrely after bouncing off the wall :mad: I wasn't trying to block you, I was just trying to get my car under control and keep it moving forward. Thank you, for giving me the position back after our contact there at Ex-Muhle, I think it's called. As we got closer and closer to the conclusion of Lap #3 I just kept telling myself, "Don't give RMan 3rd Place...A podium finish will be incredible!!" So, what did I do? I allowed my rear left tire to touch a blade of grass and that got my car all sorts of discombobulated. The next thing I know, I'm sliding on a huge section of grass at Pflazgarten. The only thing I cared about at that point was "Do not hit RMan. Let him overtake you." And that's exactly what happened. RMan took 3rd place and I fell into 4th. Not for long, however, as RMan stumbled over a similar blade of grass at Galgenkopf!! This allowed me to slip back into 3rd place which I held onto for the remainder of Lap 3.

Fantastic driving by everyone. I think this rolling start was a good idea, at least for this particular race, danbojte. Another fantastic race weekend put together, my friend!! 👍

Well, another trip to the Nurburgring for the Ridox Replica Fan Club. Great organization, as always @danbojte!

I was absolutely thrilled to finally grab another win, but it didn't come easy. @Thorin Cain -- was my pass on you, during Lap #1, dirty? I saw you get all squirrely and I took the corner pretty smoothly, so I still had my foot to the floor and aimed for the inside of the kink. I know we made slight contact...I just hope it wasn't a dirty/illegal tactic. When I mentally knew I was going for it, I really thought that I would pass you before the track started to bend, but I should have known better since I was only pushing 227hp (I think?)... Anyway, I hope it was a clean move. If not, I'm very sorry. :(

I jumped out to a pretty sizable lead early on... I think it was already a couple of seconds by time my tires hit the Nordschleife. And then it grew and grew! Something must have happened. I'm going to have to see how my lead got all the way up to 7+ seconds! I was beyond shocked. There was a part of me that wanted to start taking it a little bit easier, lest I push too hard and end up in the sand or upside down on the side of the track. Fortunately, the smarter side of me said "There are very good drivers behind you. Your lead is not safe!"

There were a couple of sections that I did purposely go a little easier than I normally would on Lap #3, but I'm just talking about a quick lift off the gas pedal for a second or a tap of the brakes on a corner I usually just roll through with no gas. Nothing major. Anyway, by the third lap my lead was down to about 5 seconds. It should have been smooth sailing, but it wasn't. @OdeFinn & @RMan72 were putting the pressure on me. I made one mistake and went on the grass and lost half my lead. Luckily, the gap never got closer than about 2.2s, at least when I would notice the blue gap indicator...

Race #2 was tough for me. I ran Race #1 with a 20kg ballast penalty, but I was going to have to run Race #2 with an 80kg ballast just because I am so handsome!! Or maybe it's because that's what the winner of the last race has to endure. :sly: :D I'm sure OdeFinn can attest, he ran with 80kg extra in Race #1, that extra weight really changes how you have to drive the car. I had to brake earlier for a lot of corners because of the extra weight and I could totally feel that the car couldn't pull like it would at the base weight. Hopefully, I wasn't too big of a pain in the arse for whomever was behind me..

Sorry about that contact RMan72. When my car got all squirrely after bouncing off the wall :mad: I wasn't trying to block you, I was just trying to get my car under control and keep it moving forward. Thank you, for giving me the position back after our contact there at Ex-Muhle, I think it's called. As we got closer and closer to the conclusion of Lap #3 I just kept telling myself, "Don't give RMan 3rd Place...A podium finish will be incredible!!" So, what did I do? I allowed my rear left tire to touch a blade of grass and that got my car all sorts of discombobulated. The next thing I know, I'm sliding on a huge section of grass at Pflazgarten. The only thing I cared about at that point was "Do not hit RMan. Let him overtake you." And that's exactly what happened. RMan took 3rd place and I fell into 4th. Not for long, however, as RMan stumbled over a similar blade of grass at Galgenkopf!! This allowed me to slip back into 3rd place which I held onto for the remainder of Lap 3.

Fantastic driving by everyone. I think this rolling start was a good idea, at least for this particular race, danbojte. Another fantastic race weekend put together, my friend!! 👍
Thank you, my friend. Well done, good racing for you! 👍 I did a lot of stupid mistakes :grumpy: but it doesn't matter, I enjoyed very much the excellent races and that amazing car.

:cheers:

Probably two pictures saying all what @danbojte were thinking..

Nürburgring Type V.jpg

I got selfie too while sitting in @danbojte 's backseat.. or was this @danbojte's selfie where I was just photobombing?
View attachment 403718
nurbv_selfie-jpg.403721

Both race replays

Attachments

• NurbV_Selfie.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 90

Great win in the first race @ALB123 :bowdown: Don't worry your pass was fine to me 👍 (Well I might change my tune after reviewing the Go-Pro footage :lol: but I doubt it) I'd made a small error and you had the chance and the right to go by. I'm just glad it wasn't a bigger mistake that cost us both places :) I tried to hold the others up for as long as I could to let you get away honest! :sly:

I had a pretty poor races compared to you guys, plenty of mistakes, some minor and a few major ones :ouch: But I enjoyed them both. The car was great fun and for the most part I feel I did pretty well as far as me driving the ring in anger goes :embarrassed:

Thank you all for another fun race day :D and giving me some good drivers to try and follow for a while :lol: And Thanks again to @danbojte for another well planned and run event :bowdown: It was a good car/track combo today and I'm looking forward to what you have instore for us next :cheers:

Trofeo_Maserati_Logo.png
Logo_for_Red_Bull_Ring.png Circuit_Red_Bull_Ring.svg.png

Finale_01_HI_03_flat_f.jpg

GranTurismo Maserati Corse Trofeo 2013

CAR : Maserati Granturismo S '08
Tire : Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 488 HP at 7000 RPM
Torque : 394.9 ft-lb at 5300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.6%
Weight: 1450 kg
Ballast : 130 kg
Ballast Position : -39
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 521

GT AUTO
Oil change

Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real MC Trofeo has welded roll cage and chassis reinforcements, as well necessary for racing tire fitment.
Aero Kit Type A
Rear Wing - Generic Wing Type A
Wheels : Standard Size OZ Racing Superfogiata in GT Matte 008 ( Black Matte )
Car Paint : Mineral White ( from BMW M4 Coupe ) or any solid white.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Free Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - FORTUNE AUTO 510 Series GEN 4 Racing Coilover Kit with ID 65 Swift Springs
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 80 70
Spring Rate: 18.00 14.00
Dampers (Compression): 5 7
Dampers (Extension): 4 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

LSD - 1.5 way Quaife ATB Competition LSD
Initial Torque : 34
Acceleration Sensitivity: 48
Braking Sensitivity: 20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - MC Trofeo Gearing and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.184
Set Auto Max Speed at 330kmh / 205mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.210
2nd 2.050
3rd 1.440
4th 1.110
5th 0.900
6th 0.760

AERO
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/4 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 5/6 for example.

(Link to the Original)

All Settings MUST be respected Exactly

Success Ballast System *
(always applied based on previous race results, for every Race)

1st Race Ballast carriers:
+70 kg @OdeFinn
+40 kg @danbojte
+20 kg @ALB123

* Weight Distribution MUST be maintained

Free choice:
! Colors & Brakes !

Racing numbers with Gran Turismo logo are mandatory

Penalty: None, Wear: Normal, Damage: Light

No Aids/ABS

Mandatory Pit Stop: 1

For all racers - please, when you want to pit stop, take the pit entrance line which is pretty early and keep right!

Races: 2 x 40 min
75 min between Starts

Reverse Grid
(related to the latest Race results)

New entrants, DNF and DQ will start from the back of the Grid, in the
Event Join order in the
Community Section

Starting Grid:

1. #27 @RMan72
  2. #_3 @ALB123 + 20 kg at -35​
  3. #_7 @danbojte + 40 kg at -31​
  4. #81 @OdeFinn + 70 kg at -27​
  5. #44 @Brewguy44
  6. #69 @TurnLeft
  7. #_4 @DaBomm4

Rolling Start Single-File
with 80 kph speed limit and no overtaking, as follows:​
  • After the game's START signal we'll line-up slowly, in the grid order, as single-file, on the left side of the track with the hand-brakes ON.​

• When the pole sitter will check that everybody lined-up, he will move slowly, with no more than 80kph and each driver will follow the car in front of him. The cars movement has to be fluent.​

• The Race will Start for each racer after hitting the first corner's apex.

Track limits
  • The track area is delimited always by the continuous white lines painted on both sides of the track.​
  • You are required to keep always at least two wheels inside the track area.​
  • The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track.​

Please read and follow the
CLUB RULES

Important!
The races will Start on time. The room will be opened 30 min before the Race.

SCHEDULE

JOIN

and courtesy of @OdeFinn

stayTuned-1.jpg
:cheers:

Results:

Race 1
DSC_0154.JPG

Race 2
DSC_0155.JPG

Last edited:
I think I know what were @ALB123 and @danbojte strategy on the 2nd race in the GT86 cup.

They had the windscreens wipers on, so in high speeds anyone trying to slipstream them couldn't do because of the turbulence create by the motion of the wipers. Its all strategy i tell you. If they say "ohh i completely forgot they were on" its strategy... they knew it from the start

I think I know what were @ALB123 and @danbojte strategy on the 2nd race in the GT86 cup.

They had the windscreens wipers on, so in high speeds anyone trying to slipstream them couldn't do because of the turbulence create by the motion of the wipers. Its all strategy i tell you. If they say "ohh i completely forgot they were on" its strategy... they knew it from the start
:P :lol:

I watched the replays so I could assess my involvement in a couple of contact incidents I had and I couldn't believe that I had my windshield wipers going, like an idiot, in the second race. Is there an indicator that tells you that your wipers are on when driving with front bumper view? I was hoping nobody else noticed the wipers... :embarrassed: :lol:

EDIT: Oops! I totally forgot to say, "Good choice on this week's race! I've never built this car, but it looks like it should be a fun one to drive..." 👍

EDIT 2: One of these days you should pick the Yellowbird for a race - on a nice twisty track! :lol: The mayhem would be hilarious... :crazy: :eek:

Last edited:
@danbojte Can you double-check the tuning sheet you posted for this week's race with the Maserati MC Corse Trofeo 2013? You listed camber settings. but you left Ridox's original notes of using 0.0/0.0 for increased grip. Are you saying that we have an option, this week, whether we use 0.2/0.2 or 0.0/0.0 or was that an oversight? Did you mean to remove Ridox's notes from his Garage tune? I hope you don't mind providing clarification on that matter. 👍

EDIT: Also, danbojte...I know it says to follow the posting settings exactly, so I want to ask, is it our choice to use Racing Brakes or Standard Brakes? I know it's been our choice in the past, but I wanted to verify -- maybe you've changed it and want everyone using Racing Brakes now. I personally prefer Standard, but I will use whatever your spec sheet calls for... (Folds up $20 bill and puts it in his palm) Let's shake on it! :odd: :mischievous: :D

Last edited:
If anyone else's life is as empty and lonely as mine, you can join me in a practice session room in the official community club. I don't know how long I'll be there, but I'd like to try and get a feel for this car early this week. It's big, heavy and powerful. Pretty much the complete opposite of last week's Toyota "Racing" 86. :D

Some good points there @ALB123, haven't quite yet set up the tune for this week, but I did just get the car for preparing for the races. I should actually be able to make this weekend's races because a plan got changed. Hope you enjoyed your practice tonight. :)

Some good points there @ALB123, haven't quite yet set up the tune for this week, but I did just get the car for preparing for the races. I should actually be able to make this weekend's races because a plan got changed. Hope you enjoyed your practice tonight. :)
I didn't actually get much practice in...as I spent 90%+ of my time trying to figure out how to set up my 🤬 brakes!! :mad: :banghead: I started with the suggested 3/4 setting and with a light press of the pedal, only applying about 50% pressure, the wheels all locked up and spun me like a top. I wonder what would have happened if I had pressed the brake pedal firmly. :lol: So, I went back and forth trying to find a decent brake balance setup for me. I'm still not happy at all, but I think I'll be able to drive with it.

Oh, that will be awesome if you can race with us this weekend!! 👍 I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck. That would be so incredible if we could actually field a race with 16 people some day. Although, on second thought, I wouldn't be surprised if our PS3's all simultaneously exploded if we tried. :lol: :sly: :D

EDIT 2: One of these days you should pick the Yellowbird for a race - on a nice twisty track! :lol: The mayhem would be hilarious... :crazy: :eek:
:lol: I didn't finish anyway :lol: We should try slower cars next time :) Pick any of the Wangan Midnight replicas, CS tire and pray :P :lol:

800+PS Blackbird is my choice! :P

Edit: I want to be a part of said Wangan race so if this might happen soon, check with me for availability?

Last edited:
I didn't actually get much practice in...as I spent 90%+ of my time trying to figure out how to set up my 🤬 brakes!! :mad: :banghead: I started with the suggested 3/4 setting and with a light press of the pedal, only applying about 50% pressure, the wheels all locked up and spun me like a top. I wonder what would have happened if I had pressed the brake pedal firmly. :lol: So, I went back and forth trying to find a decent brake balance setup for me. I'm still not happy at all, but I think I'll be able to drive with it.

Oh, that will be awesome if you can race with us this weekend!! 👍 I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck. That would be so incredible if we could actually field a race with 16 people some day. Although, on second thought, I wouldn't be surprised if our PS3's all simultaneously exploded if we tried. :lol: :sly: :D

The brakes are always free as far as I know :) either standard or racing brakes and any BB you like.

800+PS Blackbird is my choice! :P
:eek: :nervous: I actually built that car a LONG time ago. And then, for reasons I'll never fully understand, I decided to take the car out to the Nordschleife for it's first few laps. Umm...yeah...laps? No. Not even 1 lap. I had that car physically destroyed so quickly it was ridiculous. Now, I'm definitely a much better driver today than I was back then, but I still don't think I could handle that animal too well. I'm not 100% positive, but I think I detuned that car into one of the lower powered versions Ridox lists.

The brakes are always free as far as I know :) either standard or racing brakes and any BB you like.
I thought so too, but I didn't see any specific mention of it in this week's post. That is, until I just went back and re-read it. Danbojte did list "Colors & Brakes" as free choices to us. :banghead: Oh, I spent so much time pulling my hair out and I still wasn't completely satisfied. I don't know how you guys handle Racing Brakes on ABS=0 with such high settings. I could apply less pressure, of course, but then I'd have to start braking at the 500 meter marker. :P Welp...Now I have to go back out there and figure out how to setup my brakes with the Standard Brake system. :crazy:

:eek: :nervous: I actually built that car a LONG time ago. And then, for reasons I'll never fully understand, I decided to take the car out to the Nordschleife for it's first few laps. Umm...yeah...laps? No. Not even 1 lap. I had that car physically destroyed so quickly it was ridiculous. Now, I'm definitely a much better driver today than I was back then, but I still don't think I could handle that animal too well. I'm not 100% positive, but I think I detuned that car into one of the lower powered versions Ridox lists.
I can understand a little. That has me curious, I might just have to try it at Cape Ring (full or north), try that loop and jump. ;)

Back