RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
Oh man...I could not have ran a worse race if I tried. Who the hell spins out on the very first racing corner?! Me. That's who! :mad: I just kept missing braking points, or I would brake too hard and come up short on corner entry. It was all around awful driving. I tacked on two more spin-outs, for good measure. :P I had a bad feeling about today's race...I really did. I just didn't feel comfortable during my practice session (a few hours before the race).

I'm very mad that I missed the 2nd race - especially now that danbojte has constructed a championship on points. I need all the points I can get. So, the reason I had to leave...I got a call during the race from a contractor that is doing work at my friend's house. My friend and his family are in Italy right now on a cruise and they're having their hardwood floors re-done while they're away. So, it's up to good ole ALB to unlock the house and hangout while the floor guys are there working. I specifically asked if we could start at 11am today because of our racing league. The guys said that wouldn't be a problem. As you guys learned...they showed up for 9am instead. WTF?! :mad: The best part? I get there, unlock the house and the two guys come in with some equipment. They look at the floor and say "Ya know...we should really let this coat dry a bit more before we buff and apply the final coat. Since the homeowner isn't coming home until the 19th there obviously is no rush...let's do this right - we'll be back Monday morning." :eek: It was so freakin' important to make me show up at 9am instead of 11am, just to find out that they're not going to do anything anyway. Aye Carumba! :banghead:

Oh, I wanted to ask you guys who actually performed well in Race #1 today... I noticed there was some pitting going on near the end of the race. Were you guys pitting to swap onto Racing Wet tires? When it started to rain, I realized "I don't even own rain tires for this car!" So, there was not going to be any pit stops for me... :rolleyes:

Oh, I wanted to ask you guys who actually performed well in Race #1 today... I noticed there was some pitting going on near the end of the race. Were you guys pitting to swap onto Racing Wet tires? When it started to rain, I realized "I don't even own rain tires for this car!" So, there was not going to be any pit stops for me... :rolleyes:
The rain tyres didn't became necessary because the track wasn't wet yet. :cool: You haven't pit at all? :scared: One pit stop was mandatory... :mischievous:

Sorry guys but I couldn't make it I'm not near my PS3. I'm here in Northern Michigan
2015-07-11 11.42.54.jpg

On a little weekend getaway

@ALB123. That's terrible that you had to leave to go and have your time wasted :( I think your right about someone trying to keep you from.racing on Saturdays :odd: but I'm not going to complain too much :mischievous: it means more points for me :P

I was pretty happy with my performances today. I still made a few big mistakes which cost me a few places :banghead: but on the whole I was fairly consistent and even managed some pretty good laps :)

The usual congratulations have to go to @OdeFinn and @danbojte for their race wins :bowdown: also to @TurnLeft for a second place in race 1 👍

@DaBomm4. That second race was a bit odd, I watched you hit the brakes earlier than I did, and just keep going at turn 2 it didn't look like a lock-up either :odd:

BG, hope you enjoy your weekend away 👍

@DaBomm4. That second race was a bit odd, I watched you hit the brakes earlier than I did, and just keep going at turn 2 it didn't look like a lock-up either :odd:
Yeah, idk, but after that I decided to enjoy last place a little bit more and pitted for SS tires. I tried to stay out of the way if something was going wrong though, but lap 17/19 I guess I should have stayed in the outfield more when I ended up cutting back in front of @danbojte, he was able to recover from that though and take the win. ;)

I'm sorry danbojte - the way I worded my post was poor. I did make my one mandatory pit stop. It was just a little over halfway through the race. What I meant was, I was seeing people pitting a second time, with only a few laps to go, and I was wondering if you guys were pitting for rain tires. When I said I wasn't pitting, I meant I wasn't pitting a 2nd time near the end of the race. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm sorry danbojte - the way I worded my post was poor. I did make my one mandatory pit stop. It was just a little over halfway through the race. What I meant was, I was seeing people pitting a second time, with only a few laps to go, and I was wondering if you guys were pitting for rain tires. When I said I wasn't pitting, I meant I wasn't pitting a 2nd time near the end of the race. Sorry for the confusion.
Oh, I see now. ;) No problem, good man. 👍

I think I'm in the mood to drive some Ferrari's & Lamborghini's this fine morning. It's a real bummer - one of my favorite cars, the Aventador, is far from a favorite of mine in GT6 because Ridox's Aventador replica, which uses it actual fat pig weight, is just so heavy. It's unbelievable how poorly I drive that car with that additional weight. Oh well, there are plenty of fabulous replicas from Sant'Agata, Bolognese that I do enjoy driving. 👍

BTW...I'm taking a count - who wants to pitch in on this car? We can come up with some kind of time-share system for whoever pitches in:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/368469-lamborghini-sesto-elemento-brand-new.html

CAR : Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000 GT-R (KPGC10) '70
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 183 HP / 185 PS at 7200 RPM
Torque: 147.6 ft-lb at 5700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1100 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 59 / 41 as stock
Performance Points: 392

GT AUTO
NO Oil change

Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build )
Wheels : +1 Inch Up American Racing Vintage TORQ THRUST painted in Metallic Dark Grey
Car Paint : Titanium Gray Metallic II or Brilliant Black

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch

GRIP Pack
Suspension - Swift Springs 200/400 with Aragosta Damper

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 95 120 ( to replicate visual level height )
Spring Rate: 3.57 7.14
Dampers (Compression): 4 3
Dampers (Extension): 4 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.09 0.36

LSD - 1.5 Way NISMO GT Pro TT LSD
Initial Torque : 22
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Brake Balance:
4/6 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/6, for ABS 1 4/6 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/6 brake balance as starting point.

All* Settings MUST be respected Exactly

* Free choice:
! Colors & Brakes !

Racing numbers with Gran Turismo logo are mandatory

Tsukuba_Circuit_1aa3b_450x450.png 2000px-Tsukuba-circuit.svg.png

Races: 2 x 30 min
60 min between Starts

Penalty: None, Wear: Normal, Damage: Light

No Aids/ABS

Mandatory Pit Stop

Reverse Grid
(related to the latest Race results)

Success Ballast System*
(always applied based on previous race results, for every Race)

* Weight Distribution MUST be maintained

New entrants, DNF and DQ will start from the back of the Grid, in the
Event Join order in the Community Section
Starting Grid
  1. #46 @Thorin Cain +20kg at -31 Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg Grigio Alfieri
  2. #81 @OdeFinn +40kg at -23 City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg
  3. #_7 @danbojte +80kg at -16 aoUoFyOhJqEWAjLev_0.jpg GT Fluorescence 008-W
  4. #69 @TurnLeft Syracuse.jpg Lime Green Pearl
  5. #27 @RMan72 Syracuse - Night.jpg

#_4 @DaBomm4 RETIRED
#_3 @ALB123 l9kJG1w1kANoOWqc3U_0.jpg Graphite RETIRED
#44 @Brewguy44 Skyline HR 2000 GT-R '70  No.1.1.jpg Amaranth Purple RETIRED

#11 @Ridox2JZGTE
#21 @joaosoarescso
#45 @Lionheart2113
#54 @Lewis_Hamilton_
Rolling Start Single-File with no more than 80 kph speed limit for the leader and no overtaking, as follows:
  • After the game's START signal we'll line-up slowly, in the grid order, as single-file, on the left side of the track with the hand-brakes ON.

• When the pole sitter will check that everybody lined-up, he will move slowly, with no more than 80kph and each driver will follow the car in front of him. The cars movement has to be fluent.

• The Race will Start for each racer after hitting the first corner's apex.

Track limits
  • The track area is delimited always by the continuous white lines painted on both sides of the track.
  • You are required to keep always at least two wheels inside the track area.
  • The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track.
Please read and follow the
CLUB RULES

Important!
The races will Start on time. The room will be opened 30 min before the Race.

COUNTDOWN TO EVENT

JOIN

Results

IMG_20150718_165402.jpg

Race 1

IMG_20150718_165423.jpg

Race 2

stayTuned-1.jpg

484327782_1280x720.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
Can't wait to see which one it is 👍. I had an interesting race with this last one, I don't like the Red Bull track but it's given me my best position so far :bowdown:, so I guess that it's now an "OK" track. I was kind of surprised by the rain and for a few laps I drove nervously, not knowing how it would have an effect on the grip, at the end I just drove straight out as if it wasn't raining :D.

I've got to say that you must have pulled off some pretty good laps to catch up after the slip at the beginning, when I saw you and @ALB123 in my mirror I started getting real nervous :nervous:, nice pass you pulled on me 👍 .

I've got to give @OdeFinn a 👍👍👍, I know he had some bad laps because I didn't finish that far behind, but he kept it real even all the way so that we could never put any pressure on him. I think we should deflate his tires :mischievous: just enough to slow him down a bit more, seems the ballast isn't working enough for me :lol:.

Can't wait to see which one it is 👍. I had an interesting race with this last one, I don't like the Red Bull track but it's given me my best position so far :bowdown:, so I guess that it's now an "OK" track. I was kind of surprised by the rain and for a few laps I drove nervously, not knowing how it would have an effect on the grip, at the end I just drove straight out as if it wasn't raining :D.

I've got to say that you must have pulled off some pretty good laps to catch up after the slip at the beginning, when I saw you and @ALB123 in my mirror I started getting real nervous :nervous:, nice pass you pulled on me 👍 .

I've got to give @OdeFinn a 👍👍👍, I know he had some bad laps because I didn't finish that far behind, but he kept it real even all the way so that we could never put any pressure on him. I think we should deflate his tires :mischievous: just enough to slow him down a bit more, seems the ballast isn't working enough for me :lol:.
:lol: He's a fast driver. 👍
I consider the rain affected the grip just not dramatically. :scared:
I also had tracks which I didn't like, but forcing myself to run those, gave me a lot of learning /experience and the hate for them just disappeared and now I embraced this philosophy - There are tracks, not good or bad, all it requires is practice. 👍
DSC_0156.JPG

Last edited:
Though I'd share this with you guys, it's a racing series for ordinary people, they have a series in the US and one in Canada, all you have to do to participate is to add a roll cage, extinguisher, race helmut and suit, window net plus pass inspection. They have a date limit of 2004 for entries plus they use a point system to penalize overpowered cars. Now all I have to do is convince my wife that we should enter our 2004 Subaru Outback in there :scared:, I might take a lead on it and buy the helmut before I ask :lol:.

http://www.chumpcarcanada.com/about.php

Though I'd share this with you guys, it's a racing series for ordinary people, they have a series in the US and one in Canada, all you have to do to participate is to add a roll cage, extinguisher, race helmut and suit, window net plus pass inspection. They have a date limit of 2004 for entries plus they use a point system to penalize overpowered cars. Now all I have to do is convince my wife that we should enter our 2004 Subaru Outback in there :scared:, I might take a lead on it and buy the helmut before I ask :lol:.

Next is 24h?! :scared: :lol: If you can, go for it Fran. 👍 :) I'm sure it'll remain as an unforgettable experience. :cheers:

BG, hope you enjoy your weekend away 👍

Thank You and We did!!! It was a lot of fun and we were at Boyne Highlands Resort. In summer there's golf, horseback riding and zip lines. In winter there's skiing and snowboarding, that's when they make the most $. We didn't have to pay for it my wife's company took care of everything!! 👍

It was a company weekend getaway and they took care of the food drinks & the room, there was a breakfast buffet both mornings with an omelet station too. I took the photo from our balcony looking at the ski slopes.

Thank You and We did!!! It was a lot of fun and we were at Boyne Highlands Resort. In summer there's golf, horseback riding and zip lines. In winter there's skiing and snowboarding, that's when they make the most $. We didn't have to pay for it my wife's company took care of everything!! 👍

It was a company weekend getaway and they took care of the food drinks & the room, there was a breakfast buffet both mornings with an omelet station too. I took the photo from our balcony looking at the ski slopes.
Great stuff, glad you enjoyed yourselves :) Sounds like a cool place for some time away, looks nice and peaceful too 👍

Since we can't put numbers on these it might be good to use different colors to help us identify who's who on the track.
I used the color Pearlescent Lime Green Pearl with Metallic Rosso Monza for the wheels.

View attachment 409893
Good idea 👍 I'll be in the red one :)

Go for it dude 👍

Back