RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club - Suspended

• Thread starter danbojte
  • 2,328 comments
The next two weeks my schedule has me unavailable to join. :(
:( You're welcome when it'll be possible. 👍
Does this look interesting?
Waking up your inner Löeb.

Honestly? I'm scared of this event. :nervous: :scared:
How did the car went with 200kg more fat at the rear ? I hope its not nervous or oversteery ? :scared:
Didn't tried it yet. I can do that tomorrow only. 👍

:cheers:

Wow...200kg added to the Nicks Forza Dino? There goes it's dominance as a 450PP madman. I'm 20% thru re-installing GT6 on the SSD I threw in my PS3. I pray this fixes it...Definitely a waste of a 256GB SSD - but it was just sitting around anyway.

I can't wait to try the Nicks Forza Dino with the added weight...the Weight Distribution must be different as well, right? I'm guessing more weight in the rear now??

@ALB123 not wasting, it makes loading pretty quick :)
Oh, I'm sure loading times will be a bit quicker, but I won't get the full benefit of the SSD like I would when this was in a laptop - plus the 256GB is what is really a waste, for me...as I only play 1 game. A much smaller SSD would be better. I was keeping this SSD for my next laptop, but oh well...I couldn't go without a PS3 any longer. 1 day was too much! :lol:

I just bought a new one...Going to set her up and do a lap or two around Spa. It's been a LONG day messing with this piece of crap PS3, but so far, so good. I ran a couple of laps around Nordschleife without incident.

Anyway, here she is...all dressed up for the weekend at Spa. The color is Verde Medio Metallic...

1971_Ferrari_Dino_GT.jpg

The Ferrari Dino has an awesome selection of paints to choose from!

Dammit. I'm experiencing the same crap -- this time I was running on Spa in the practice room. The texture for the track and surrounding ground just disappears and it looks like you're flying through the sky. Oh well...

@Ridox2JZGTE -- you haven't driven this Nicks Forza car with the 200kg of ballast, have you?

Dammit. I'm experiencing the same crap -- this time I was running on Spa in the practice room. The texture for the track and surrounding ground just disappears and it looks like you're flying through the sky. Oh well...

@Ridox2JZGTE -- you haven't driven this Nicks Forza car with the 200kg of ballast, have you?

I did have the full ballast version long ago when I tested the suspension, but as I wanted the Nick Forza to be used for online racing, I decided on stock weight/distribution. I haven't published the tested weight version :( It may need some tweak on the damper to accommodate the heavier rear end. So, I'll leave that to @danbojte and @OdeFinn to make sure the car stays close to the stock weight handling if possible.

I did have the full ballast version long ago when I tested the suspension, but as I wanted the Nick Forza to be used for online racing, I decided on stock weight/distribution. I haven't published the tested weight version :( It may need some tweak on the damper to accommodate the heavier rear end. So, I'll leave that to @danbojte and @OdeFinn to make sure the car stays close to the stock weight handling if possible.
OK then. :mischievous: :P We'll use the car as it is, without ballast. :cool:

:cheers:

I ran a quick test this morning and the 200kg ballast makes the Dino very tail happy, Eau Rouge is extremely difficult to get right and it's about 5s slower a lap
I was gonna say... Eau Rouge turns into spin out city with all that weight in the rear. :lol: It drives awful with the 200kg added and no changes to the suspension. Maybe it's more realistic. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the first setup I had. I was just waiting for someone else to run Spa with the added weight. My first time up the hill I spun like a top. :lol:

This happened to me before my ps3 died. First time things like this started happening and then the game started crashing, then eventually that led to my blu laser dying. I bought a new one, everything played perfect, except GT6, which continued to have issues loading stuff at random. Sometimes buildings wouldn't load, sometimes trees, or sometimes the entire road. It seemed to happen pretty randomly. Eventually the thing just crashed every time I tried to do anything. The system would start up fine, the game icon would show up right away, but if you tried to go into it, just a black screen, sometimes you'd get through a couple of loading screens before it'd freeze up and crash, but it was stuffed. It'd even crash if you tried to load the ps store or internet browser. Maybe ram related, I don't know, but something more serious than the hdd that's for sure.

After the laser burnt out I thought that was the only issue, and putting a new one in fixed the problem I was having reading discs. The other problems just got worse over time though. This was in a ps3 I'd owned for 6 years, but it was well looked after. I'm sorry but if your problem is the same as mine, which it very much sounds like, then your ps3 is on borrowed time.

EVENT: WINTER'S TALE S1600 (Original)

swiftsuper1600-jpg.299934

CAR : Suzuki SWIFT Sport '07
Super 1600, also known as S1600, is a rally car formula that is primarily used in the Junior World Rally Championship, as well as various national rally championships. Any automobile manufacturer that has a suitable road-going production model in its range may develop a specification for use in this formula. It was devised by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (the international governing body of motorsport) in 2000 and first saw competitive use in 2001. Super 1600 is intended to provide a young driver's entry point into international rallying, and the World Rally Championship in particular.

Modifications
The production car's standard gearbox is replaced by a sequential manual gearbox with a maximum of six forward ratios. The engine may be modified (with the exception of the cylinder block and head) to produce a maximum power output of 230hp and the exhaust is subject to a noise restriction of 100dB at 4500rpm.

As with the World Rally Car specification, Super 1600 requires a production-standard bodyshell that is made safe for competition with the addition of a roll cage. Certain other modifications can be made to increase the width of the bodywork and improve its aerodynamic efficiency. The weight of the competition car is reduced to a minimum of 980kg, with a lower minimum weight of 920 kg if an engine with only two valves per cylinder is employed. In most cases, this is approximately 50 to 100 kg less than the weight of the production car version.
Specs
Horsepower: 215 HP or 218 PS at 8000 RPM
Torque: 168.3 ft-lb at 6000 RPM
Weight: 1000 kg
Weight Distribution: 63/37
Performance Points: 427

GT AUTO
Oil change

Aero Kits Type B
Custom Wing Type A or B
Wheels: Stock
Brake Caliper Paint (if Racing Brakes): Red or Yellow
Car Paint: Champion Yellow 4 or Free Choice
Gauges (Free Choice):
Slot 1: Oil Pressure in Black
Slot 2: Oil Temp in Black ( C or F )
Slot 3: Water Temp in Black ( C or F )
Color: Red, Green or Orange ( Saturation 100, Brightness 100 )

Tyres: Spiked Snow Tyres

Suspension - TEIN HG Custom Rally Coilover Kit
Base snow

Fully Customizable Kit

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 116 108
Spring Rate: 3.00 3.20
Dampers (Compression): 3 6
Dampers (Extension): 8 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 1
Camber Angle: 0.3 1.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.00

Brakes :
Racing Brakes Kit - Optional

Brake Balance: 7/10
Feel free to use your preferred brakes and balance.

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - 5 Speed Sequential Swift Custom Ratio 2nd Set
Medium-High Speed

Fully Customizable Transmission

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 210kmh / 130mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.076
2nd 2.056
3rd 1.546
4th 1.240
5th 1.030
Set Final : 3.900

Drivetrain
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch Kit

LSD 1 Way

Initial Torque: 19
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Power
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports

Body

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Downforce
Rear: 5

Ballast: 114 kg
Ballast Position: -45

Fine tuned for Snow Racing by @OdeFinn

ALL SETTINGS MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY!*
(DQ - disqualifying and exclusion from the Club)

*FREE CHOICE:
Gauges, Colors & Brakes ONLY

RACING NUMBERS WITH GRAN TURISMO LOGO ARE MANDATORY!
(5 points penalty)

TRACK: Chamonix Main / Weather: Variable

snow_2010.png

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, more commonly known simply as Chamonix (formerly also spelled Chamounix), is a commune in the Haute-Savoie département in the Rhône-Alpes region in south-eastern France. It was the site of the first Winter Olympics in 1924. The commune's population of around 9,800 ranks 865th within the country of France.

Situated near the massive peaks of the Aiguilles Rouges and most notably the Aiguille du Midi, Chamonix is one of the oldest ski resorts in France and is known as the "gateway to the European Cascades."

The town of Chamonix is served by French Route Nationale 205 (RN 205), nicknamed the Route blanche, or "white route", due to its snowiness. This is an extension of French autoroute 40 (A40), similarly nicknamed the autoroute blanche, which ends at Le Fayet, a village in the commune of Saint-Gervais-les-Bains.
Races: 2 x 5 Laps
45-60 min between Starts

Race 1 start type and grid order
Rolling Start - Single File: Reverse Grid Based on the Championship Standings
  • After the game's START signal we'll line-up slowly, in the announced grid order, as single-file, on the left side of the track.
  • When the pole sitter will assure himself that everybody has lined-up, he will move slowly, with 80 kph speed limit and each driver will follow the car in front, without overtaking. The cars movement has to be fluent.
  • The Race will Start for each racer after hitting the first corner's apex.
Race 1 Official Starting Grid:
  1. #46 @Thorin Cain
  2. #69 @TurnLeft
  3. #_7 @danbojte
  4. #81 @OdeFinn
  5. #27 @RMan72

Wp0co4XqxcpfAfnm_0.jpgChamonix - Main.jpgChamonix - Main.jpgDSC_0057.JPGChamonix - Main (1).jpg

Race 2 start type and grid order

Grid Start with False Start Check: Reverse Grid Based on Race 1 Results

New entrants, DNF-ers and DQ'd will start from the back of the Grid, in the order they join to the event.

Penalty: None

Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal

Mechanical Damage: Light

Driving Options: No Aids/ABS

Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 0

Track limits
  • The track area is delimited always by the continuous white lines painted on both sides of the track.
  • You are required to keep always at least two wheels inside the track area.
  • The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track.
Important!

- From XMB - Go to Network - Test Internet connection - make sure you have a NAT type 2 connection.

- From GT6 - Go to Menu - Options - Network - Clear system cache.

- Please, double check the settings and rules above.

- The races will Start on time! The room will be opened 30 min before the Race. Join early for take your time to solve the possible connection issues.

Please read and follow the CLUB RULES

When: SCHEDULE

How: JOIN

Results:

Race 1:
Winter's Tale Race 1 Results.jpg

Race 2:
Winter's Tale Race 2 Results.jpg

Replay Files

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a PS3 sitting around collecting dust, so he said I could use it...I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow. I'm 99% certain I will have it before the weekend race. Good decision on running the race without the 200kg ballast. The car's handling was all messed up with it, in my opinion. Maybe if Ridox adjusted the rest of the car it could handle the weight, but I don't think it could the way that it was. :(

I see you've already posted the August 8th race information. I have no interest in snow/dirt racing, so I'm going to pass on that one. Good luck to all of you who do enter! 👍

Ugh...I'm already having GT6 withdrawls...I just wanna go do some laps. I was able to run cleanly around Nordschleife last night - maybe I'll try it again. The worst that happens is I have to unplug the AC power if the PS3 locks up. I just don't want to somehow corrupt my game data file. :eek: :crazy:

Since a few people have already announced their colors I decided to add mine before I end up having the color purple left to pick :lol:.
Chamonix - Main.jpg

I'd like to know around what times are you guys running, my first excursion was 3:55.420 , I can see maybe 2 to 3 seconds I might be able to gain but after that it may demand a hell of a lot of practicing, this was done in arcade mode.

@danbojte , what do you say that we put the penalty to high for this one, we can't go off course so it could be good that when we hit the barriers we are penalized properly, also there will be no pit stops, unless I totally missed the entrance :crazy:.

@OdeFinn , those were great videos :bowdown:, I tried applying them to the game but I'm having great difficulties doing so with a PS3 controller :eek:, if anyone has tips to give I'm more than happy to here them. I do drive IRL in harsh winter conditions, but doing these maneuvers on the road is quite risky with traffic coming in the opposite side :scared:, plus lights, stops signs, speed limits :D, pedestrians and of course cops, so racing demands to use skills that I haven't developed.

I'd like to know around what times are you guys running, my first excursion was 3:55.420 , I can see maybe 2 to 3 seconds I might be able to gain but after that it may demand a hell of a lot of practicing, this was done in arcade mode.
My best offline is 3:47.5, keeping under 3:50 constant.

@danbojte , what do you say that we put the penalty to high for this one, we can't go off course so it could be good that when we hit the barriers we are penalized properly, also there will be no pit stops, unless I totally missed the entrance :crazy:.
I'd say better off penalties, hitting bank hard doesn't help, but driving thru ghosts helps.

@OdeFinn , those were great videos :bowdown:, I tried applying them to the game but I'm having great difficulties doing so with a PS3 controller :eek:, if anyone has tips to give I'm more than happy to here them. I do drive IRL in harsh winter conditions, but doing these maneuvers on the road is quite risky with traffic coming in the opposite side :scared:, plus lights, stops signs, speed limits :D, pedestrians and of course cops, so racing demands to use skills that I haven't developed.
To maintain lap speed, drive on traffic it's good to handle many driving methods, liftoff throttle steering, left foot braking (pumping inputs at least), car mass movement manipulation using both above to get It thrown in to corner and quick helps gained from hand brake/e-brake.

Trail braking and throttle steering is enough to get started.

Penalty will stay off for this one, my friend. Hitting the walls doesn't help at all here, on contrary.
I didn't say we have to pit stop in this race. :)
what times are you guys running
My best so far was 3:49.*** and I need a lot more practice. :crazy:

Back