rigidity improvement - Yay Or Nay?..

• Thread starter Powellx235
  • 66 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSpec-xGuNz
Without it is much better for drifting from what ive seen on my cars. To me, it just made my cars grip in the rear and straighten out when i didnt want it too. :ouch:

Its better on a wheel anyway. Its easier to keep a good drift and for weight shifting

I'm bored, i will try this now, with one out of my 7 350 Z's. Editing this post for results.

Results: I've tried it on the 350Z only, but what i concluded: More control, better response in weight shifting, etc... It was a little faster, and the straightening problems others came across,i didnt notice those.

Overall, i think it's an mprovement, definately will be for tandeming. Will do it to my IS F as well.

Last edited:
I'm bored, i will try this now, with one out of my 7 350 Z's. Editing this post for results.

Results: I've tried it on the 350Z only, but what i concluded: More control, better response in weight shifting, etc... It was a little faster, and the straightening problems others came across,i didnt notice those.

Overall, i think it's an mprovement, definately will be for tandeming. Will do it to my IS F as well.

What track did you test it on? Because its fine on medium to long corners but it is way more noticeable on tight corners. I noticed it most on Toscana tarmac where understeer became a nuisance.

What track did you test it on? Because its fine on medium to long corners but it is way more noticeable on tight corners. I noticed it most on Toscana tarmac where understeer became a nuisance.

You do know you could tune that out and have a better setup car overall, right?

RufusGonePunk
You do know you could tune that out and have a better setup car overall, right?

Not really. Without it you cant get rid of the massive oversteer on cars like corvettes and vipers.

Not really. Without it you cant get rid of the massive oversteer on cars like corvettes and vipers.

I meant that he could change suspension settings to reduce understeer on the tracks that he has it on, instead of writing off the benefits of Rigidity Improvement altogether.

I meant that he could change suspension settings to reduce understeer on the tracks that he has it on, instead of writing off the benefits of Rigidity Improvement altogether.

I understand what your saying but I don't really see the benefit of rigidity if I have to tune my suspension to get my car back to the way I like. Plus I need to buy a new rx7 now because I never knew why it was horrible to drift until I realised I had rigidity on it. Overall I prefer my cars without rigidity improvements. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I always do it. The understeer induced by it helps to have more angle during entries.
If you wanna do ass first entries it's better to have a slight of understeer to help stabilize the car.

Some car definitely need it especially big heavy sedans like the Aristo.

Oversteer as in at the edge of the track completely missing the apex. Understeering as in the inside the apex or the "racing line" which the inside axis of the corner.

All these years I've been getting it wrong..

I thought Oversteer was when the rear broke traction and the car went sideways and Understeer was when the front broke traction and the car goes straight on instead of turning.

Cheers bro 👍 :cheers:

Last edited:
All these years I've been getting it wrong..

I thought Oversteer was when the rear broke traction and the car went sideways and Understeer was when the front broke traction and the car goes straight on instead of turning.

Cheers bro 👍 :cheers:

I think you're right actually. Oversteer is the car tending to turn in to much, losing grip in the rear... if you understeer, you go straight and can't turn enough.

And the tracks i tested it on: Suzuka east, Spec Stage 5, and Tsukuba.

Gonales
That was a very intelligent comment. If you have something to say, do so. If you don't, then don't post. Thank you.

He said 'wow'....
Proved you wrong!
Sorry im gone mental cause i got the summer holidays! :D :D

I think that the 'wow' comment was about the understeer/oversteer definition on the previous page. Gonales' definition was correct, I have no idea what the other one was getting at.

Edit: And Small_Fryz' comment was possibly sarcasm, I'm not quite sure though.

You do know The Sports Suspension is really all you need for Drifting. Thats not saying you can't use custom but just saying Sports is just fine too.

You do know The Sports Suspension is really all you need for Drifting. Thats not saying you can't use custom but just saying Sports is just fine too.

Yeah it will do but with drifting nothing is 'that el do'.

+, sports suspension has no anti roll bars and is soft.
So what is our verdict? That it helps for wheels but not ds3?

Of course you can drift with sport susp, you can even drift with stock ones, I do it with an S14 missile spec and it can do massive entries despite the fact it don't have power.
Meanwhile it doesn't mean fully adjustable suspension aren't better.
I like soft setups but sport susp is too soft.

After looking into the topic at hand a bit more, I've come to the conclusion that benefiting from rigidity improvement is solely based on driving style. It all boils down to how you like to manipulate the car both pre-drift and transfering. If you like the smooth, more subtle approach, doing without would probably be best. If you like violent weight shifts and hard feint/flick initiations having the added rigidity helps tremendously. It's all in the amount of body roll you prefer, that's pretty much it.

Your driving style dictates if you need it or not, in my humble opinion. :) 👍

Edit: I always increase rigidity by the way, both for style and functionality.

I feel some diferences using it or not at banked corners. Or maybe im tripping, i dont know.

I think that the 'wow' comment was about the understeer/oversteer definition on the previous page. Gonales' definition was correct, I have no idea what the other one was getting at.

Edit: And Small_Fryz' comment was possibly sarcasm, I'm not quite sure though.

Mine was indeed sarcastic,

The definition I quoted was completely inaccurate.

Good, I'm glad my internet sarcasm sensor is still working. I still don't understand what the incorrect definition was even getting at?! Haha.

As the title says im looking for a few peoples opinions on weather or not to install the rigidity improvements. because i can't uninstall them so i don't wanna risk it...

Well, they are only going to increase your lap times and they cost next to nothing. Go for it.

Already been several threads on this, SEARCH.

Well, they are only going to increase your lap times and they cost next to nothing. Go for it.
Lap times aren't really important in drifting :/

Last edited:
Why should i... gonna make me.. seems to me like somebody needs to go into the real world and stop bashing video games..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back