Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

I think I dropped quite lucky that race. I didn’t have outright lap pace and I was having to fuel save quite a lot. I started on mediums as I thought that’s what everybody was doing and it just so happened I could stretch the mediums and fuel to make it a 2 stop. The time I was losing on track, I gained back in the pits which meant I just had to keep lapping and see what happened the last few laps.
If @Yard_Sale hadn’t made their mistakes it would’ve been a really close finish between us. I’m not sure if @fastone371 made any mistakes. I was expecting you to be really chasing us down at the end.
I enjoyed the race, it felt like an endurance race and not just a long sprint race.
I ran wide once at the last turn before the finish stretch and had to burn off a 1 second penalty which I did going thru the Senna S other than that no mistakes and consistent lap times. I took about 3 laps too much fuel on last stop, I always have a hard time working out how many laps the race will go based on the time left in my head during the race. Even with resetting fast lap and taking a few laps less fuel I don't think I would have finished any higher taking a little less fuel, that extra stop just proved too much time to fade with that long pit delta,, which I think was 38-39 seconds.

Yeah, I figured that there was some lag at play, I kept seeing a couple of strange things. I also think the Vette stops far better than the NSX, if I wasn't careful on my braking point it is very easy to carry too much speed into the Senna S.
My service has been slower than usual lately. I don't know if that's somehow effected by the labor shortage. We have one the best ISPs in my area and we high package because use the internet a lot. Since we watch TV through streaming.

I have my PS4 wired to my router. I also clean my in game junk data and restart my system and game before opening up our rooms. Can't do much more than that unfortunately.

The Corvette usual have a good brakes. It was the front tire wear and the understeer it caused I struggled with for the 2019 season. I remember it's fuel mileage not being great either. It's a rocket on the straights though.

Yeah, I'm hard wired to my router too but you gotta be careful and make sure your PS4 is set up that way. Even though I have always been hard wired one day I was going thru my PS4 settings and found out it was set to wireless, so even though I was hard wired I was connected and playing wireless, so make sure to change PS4 settings to reflect your connection, apparently it is not automatic like a PC. Even though you do everything proper to insure fast service I think a person with a bad connection can slow down a whole room. I have seen people jump into a lobby from different continents with a bad connection and all of sudden nobody can get out of the pits, the cars drive in circles. When they leave everything returns to normal again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm hard wired to my router too but you gotta be careful and make sure your PS4 is set up that way. Even though I have always been hard wired one day I was going thru my PS4 settings and found out it was set to wireless, so even though I was hard wired I was connected and playing wireless, so make sure to change PS4 settings to reflect your connection, apparently it is not automatic like a PC. Even though you do everything proper to insure fast service I think a person with a bad connection can slow down a whole room. I have seen people jump into a lobby from different continents with a bad connection and all of sudden nobody can get out of the pits, the cars drive in circles. When they leave everything returns to normal again.
My router is on different floor than my PS4. My internet would be worse than is if it was only WiFi. Unfortunately I don't just mean on the PS4. I mean throughout the our house the internet gets randomly slow sometimes lately. I believe it's our ISP giving to more important customers. It's what happens when people in power who don't understand the internet. Decided to give ISPs permission to treat their customers differently.

I'm really hoping to make it to this one. I have now decided to use the Genesis for the Gr4 season.

Red Hot Genesis.jpg

I'm really hoping to make it to this one. I have now decided to use the Genesis for the Gr4 season.

View attachment 1105622
The Genesis should be a little better than 86 at Sarthe. It's still probably the slowest pick on the straights. Didn't you run for Mercedes last manufacturers championship. You should consider running the SLS. Since you missed Interlagos. I recommend sacrificing Tsukuba and focus scoring well at Dragon Trail Seaside II and Circuit de la Sarthe. The SLS should run good at both. I'll change your car to a ? until you make a start.

Actually I just looked at the Fuel mileage forum. The Gr.4 SLS has about the same fuel range as the Genesis. Surprisingly the 86 is only a little better than both of them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured that there was some lag at play, I kept seeing a couple of strange things. I also think the Vette stops far better than the NSX, if I wasn't careful on my braking point it is very easy to carry too much speed into the Senna S.
What ABS setting do you use? I use default or weak. Kept seeing you let off little puffs of tire smoke each time but it was only one puff per brake zone. That lag into T1, I saw two puffs and then was into the back of you. Good thing I didn't follow you all the way in and put us on the green stuff. You are a master at trailbraking for sure, far better than me.

I also left the race because I had worked a full day beforehand with 30 minutes driving home and about 25 to eat before quali started. I was pooped out and slept great, wasnt even upset about messing up.

Opening a practice lobby soon (730-800pm EST) and running for at least an hour. Message me on PSN if I need to lower sportsmanship rating for anyone.

Last edited:
What ABS setting do you use? I use default or weak. Kept seeing you let off little puffs of tire smoke each time but it was only one puff per brake zone. That lag into T1, I saw two puffs and then was into the back of you. Good thing I didn't follow you all the way in and put us on the green stuff. You are a master at trailbraking for sure, far better than me.

I also left the race because I had worked a full day beforehand with 30 minutes driving home and about 25 to eat before quali started. I was pooped out and slept great, wasnt even upset about messing up.

Opening a practice lobby soon (730-800pm EST) and running for at least an hour. Message me on PSN if I need to lower sportsmanship rating for anyone.
I already got some practice in today. Maybe some else is free.

I'm not sure if I am using default or weak right now, I often switch between the 2 depending on how the car feels, I use default more often to reduce tire wear. I'm surprised it looks like I am locking the tires, my biggest lap time gains in the last year or so have come from braking. I rarely use max brakes, I prefer the slow in fast out way of driving. I have found that I can run faster lap times by being easy on the brakes, I will have to watch the replay again.. Someone really has to botch up their braking for me to attempt to out brake them, I find attempting passes by out braking others to be the hardest way to pass.

Nobody wants to follow me tonight to find a fast way around this track, I feel like I am giving up about 5 seconds per lap but I cant find anymore speed. At this point the best I can hope for is that only 3 people race so I can finish in 3rd. I wish that we could download alien laps so we could get an idea of where we lose time.

Dragon trail reverse is definitely a challenging layout. Not awkward…but challenging. I’ll be curious to see the different strategies as the short pit Lane and multipliers open up a few different ways to skin the cat

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

17e61aa4bd268-a5b0FD005923751F4DC.0FDFF8E77EA4D10E_message_420429037095307_1642300926153.jpg

Race 2 Results

Pole Award: QTip8329Wags
Race Winner: QTip8329Wags
Fastest Lap: Yard_Sale

Overall Championship
(Name. Points, Number of Race, Wins)

1. QTip8329Wags, 29 pts, 2 of 6, 1 win
2. Fastone371, 27 pts, 2 of 6
3. Yard_Sale, 24 pts, 2 of 6
4. Kermit_2142, 20 pts, 1 of 6, 1 win
5. Cold Warrior, 18 pts, 2 of 6
6. rhcpeppers, 10 pts, 1 of 6
7. mindesigner, 6 pts, 1 of 6
8. Racer283, 6 pts, 1 of 6
9. Jarkulary, 4 pts, 1 of 6

Next Race

1/22/22, 185 km of Tsukuba Circuit
3. Tsukuba Circuit
Gr.4, 91 Laps, Qualifying 10 Minutes,
Noon 12:00 Fine, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x5
Fuel at Start 99%
Gr.4 Tires: RS, RM, RH

Last edited:
What can I say about yesterday?

I couldn't piece a solid qually lap together. I got caught painting my toenails on the start again. I had to pit a minimum of 2 times just for damage. Could have been 3.... probably 3 times. The only reason I got on the podium is because someone spun, and someone ran out of fuel on the last lap. Still had a blast though!!

However, I'll be out of the loop for the next 3 weeks most likely. My work schedule is changing and I'll be working Saturdays for a bit

What can I say about yesterday?

I couldn't piece a solid qually lap together. I got caught painting my toenails on the start again. I had to pit a minimum of 2 times just for damage. Could have been 3.... probably 3 times. The only reason I got on the podium is because someone spun, and someone ran out of fuel on the last lap. Still had a blast though!!

However, I'll be out of the loop for the next 3 weeks most likely. My work schedule is changing and I'll be working Saturdays for a bit
Actually @rhcpepper didn't run out fuel but, had engine damage after he crashed. Most of us probably shouldn't have finished this race. Luckily engine and suspension damage are always and take about extra 3 to 15 seconds on pit road. Instead minutes to hours. I still claim invisible magical elves are fixing the cars. Most people don't believe my theory.

So we won't see you for next 3 weeks. You won't get to use 7 gear on Ferrari then. That means your next start might be a very wet Spa-Francorchamps. Since I don't you organizing too many yard sales during the winter. What do you for a living?

You’re right, most of us shouldn’t have finished. The worst thing about each of my 3 crashes, only one of them involved the COD. The other 2 were so dumb. I definitely lack patience and self control in any race over 40 minutes!!

I’m a fireman. City of Los Angeles. Schedule is on a rotational basis. So weekends off are pretty rare theses days. Especially with our staffing shortages, we get forced to work a lot

You’re right, most of us shouldn’t have finished. The worst thing about each of my 3 crashes, only one of them involved the COD. The other 2 were so dumb. I definitely lack patience and self control in any race over 40 minutes!!

I’m a fireman. City of Los Angeles. Schedule is on a rotational basis. So weekends off are pretty rare theses days. Especially with our staffing shortages, we get forced to work a lot
I survived the Chicane of Death. My crash happened at what I think is turn 6 for the reverse layout on lap 37. The turn after the chicane. I started gain a little on rhcpeppers. And got too greedy on worn tires on my scheduled in lap. I broke too late and my car's right side tires got on the black tarmac after the outside curb ended. The car slid off track and struck the wall. Got front aero damage and right front suspension damage.

So your fireman in a state that likes to be on fire a lot. I guess you crews are rarely lacking without something to do. For the City of Los Angeles. Jarkulary lives there somewhere. Your profile says you live in San Diego. Does this need an update or don't you serve where you live?

I survived the Chicane of Death. My crash happened at what I think is turn 6 for the reverse layout on lap 37. The turn after the chicane. I started gain a little on rhcpeppers. And got too greedy on worn tires on my scheduled in lap. I broke too late and my car's right side tires got on the black tarmac after the outside curb ended. The car slid off track and struck the wall. Got front aero damage and right front suspension damage.

So your fireman in a state that likes to be on fire a lot. I guess you crews are rarely lacking without something to do. For the City of Los Angeles. Jarkulary lives there somewhere. Your profile says you live in San Diego. Does this need an update or don't you serve where you live?
Yea, I wadded up in the exact same spot too.

Nope, profile is right. I live in San Diego and work in Los Angeles. Our schedules and length of shifts facilitate long commutes…..120 miles each way to be exact. Which is exactly why I have zero excuses to get all ADD and stuff after a mere 40 minutes of racing and throw it away with stupid mistakes!!! Hahaha

Yea, I wadded up in the exact same spot too.

Nope, profile is right. I live in San Diego and work in Los Angeles. Our schedules and length of shifts facilitate long commutes…..120 miles each way to be exact. Which is exactly why I have zero excuses to get all ADD and stuff after a mere 40 minutes of racing and throw it away with stupid mistakes!!! Hahaha
I don't exactly where you live vs your station. According to Google Maps it's 163 miles and 5 hours 4 minutes drive for the fastest route from city pin to city pin. I didn't realize San Diego and Los Angeles were that far apart.

Yea, that’s not right. Maybe to the northern most part of Los Angeles city from the southern most part of San Diego city. My station is close to downtown. It’s about 2 hours with no traffic to work.

On the way home in traffic. That’s another story

Back