Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Yeah, I'm sorry about missing the group practices, it's hard for me to sign on anytime but weekends. I'm on the final stretch of a header project I have going on at home shop, customer picking up car tomorrow, that could affect my status for tonight's race. It will definitely be a game time decision but I hope to make it. After this week I will have a little more freedom to sign on for weeknight practice but I have another project car sitting in the trailer in our driveway so I'm not getting much of a break.
Since I've asked others. What do you for a living? If I have to guess you restore cars for people.

Just let me know. I will the start a few minutes. Within reason of course. I will start right away though. So your out lap would have to be your warm up.

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

17ea94092d870-a5b0FD005923751F4DC.0FDFF8E77EA4D10E_message_420739178719042_1643512416871.jpg

Race 4 Results

Pole Award: QTip8329Wags
Race Winner: QTip8329Wags
Fastest Lap: QTip8329Wags

Note: ThisGuyHere (aka General_Fatigue) was scored for 5th place instead of Jarkulary. Due to scoring mistake by Gran Turismo.

Overall Championship
(Name. Points, Number of Race, Wins)

1. QTip8329Wags, 78 pts, 4 of 6, 2 wins

2. Fastone371, 68.5 pts, 4 of 6, 1 win
3. Cold Warrior, 52 pts, 4 of 6
4. Yard_Sale, 24 pts, 2 of 6
5. rhcpeppers, 23 pts, 2 of 6
6. Racer283, 21 pts, 2 of 6

7. Jarkulary, 21 pts, 3 of 6
8. Kermit_2142, 20 pts, 1 of 6, 1 win
9. ThisGuyHere, 12 pts, 1 of 6
10. mindesigner, 6 pts, 1 of 6

Congratulations Gr.4 Championship Winner QTip8329Wags

Gr.4 Championship

(Name. Points, Number of Race, Wins)

1. QTip8329Wags, 78 pts, 4 of 4, 2 wins

2. Fastone371, 68.5 pts, 4 of 4, 1 win
3. Cold Warrior, 52 pts, 4 of 4
4. Yard_Sale, 24 pts, 2 of 4
5. rhcpeppers, 23 pts, 2 of 4
6. Racer283, 21 pts, 2 of 4

7. Jarkulary, 21 pts, 3 of 4
8. Kermit_2142, 20 pts, 1 of 4, 1 win
9. ThisGuyHere, 12 pts, 1 of 4
10. mindesigner, 6 pts, 1 of 4

@fastone371
@Jarkulary
@rhcpeppers
@Racer283
@ThisGuyHere
@Kermit_2142
@QTip8329Wags
@mindesigner
@Yard_Sale

Next Race

2/5/22, South Tokyo 300 km
5. Tokyo Expressway - South Outer Loop
Gr.3, 58 Laps, Qualifying 10 Minutes
Twilight 18:00 Clear, Grid Start
Fuel x3, Tires x8
Fuel at Start 98%

Our first Gr.3 stop is Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop. This is one of the original new stop for this season. Love or hate them the Tokyo Expressway city circuits are set of 6 layouts unique high speed race tracks loosely based Tokyo's highway system.

All 6 layouts boost a very high speed and filled with mostly mid and speed corners. Note this a 300 km race that can completed in about 90 minutes. With the Gr.3 Class.

The South courses especially unique. Since the Outer and Inner are viewed as the forward and reverse versions of these tracks. In the case the layouts differ with the Outer Loop bypassing the container station Loop. As a result the Outer Loop is a little simpler, faster, and is 0.85 miles shorter than Inner Loop layout. Also they features tricky narrow chicane at end of the course. Sometimes referred to as the Chicane Of Death 2.

This series has visited 3 of 6 layouts. The South Inner Loop and Central Outer Loop layouts were both visited by the Gr.4 class. And the East Outer Loop layout was visited in light wet conditions by the Gr.3. Neither class has visited the South Outer Loop yet.

This will be a 300 km under the street lights of South Tokyo. This layout is very fast with Gr.3. The entire run from the hairpin to the high speed right hander can be taken flat if single file. I must warn that pits stops are more costly than they appear. Since the pit exits after the hairpin. You have to drive all the way to that right hander to get equalized with the other cars on track.

Last edited:
WOOT!!! Who said 7 laps in the 'Vette wasn't fast enough? :P Watching the 24H race and I'm still sore.
It certainly wasn't me!!! I didn't watch the replay yet but I am curious how you could go 7 laps on softs, my mediums were pretty worn after 7 laps. The Vette must have a large fuel tank, I had to save fuel to make 7 laps with the NSX. Congrats!!
I also have to watch the replay to see how Cold beat me to 2nd, I thought towards the end he was going to have to stop twice to my 1 stop.
I will definitely be looking at the Vette for the GR3 races.

Put me down for the 'Vette in Gr. 3 if you haven't already. I noticed the entry list hadn't been updated and I remember sayin I was going to test it today.

@fastone371 Lifting every lap at the 200m board before the chicanes and the 90 degree right as well as well before the Porsche Curves to coast down to 180km on entry without going wide. Short shifting at 6,000 rpm the entire race and using 3rd and 5th as much as possible compared to 2nd and 4th in some turns.

Also, since you mentioned never using more than half brake, I have started trying that and it really worked on those chicanes. Only 2 penalties the whole race, a 2 second one and a .5 second one. The first, I clipped too much apex turning right onto the back straights. The .5 penalty was going slightly wide coming out of the Porsche curves which is always my downfall but I finally remembered how to hit the last left hander while decelerating, you have to straddle the apex before even thinking of putting throttle back into it.

I plan on having a Gr. 3 lobby after the Daytona race ends if anyone would like to join.

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for dropping out last night. I was about to catch up and...🤣🤣 Our power went out for 4+hrs. I guess someone hit a telephone pole last night and died😒 It's been getting super frick'n icy really fast when the sun goes down.
I already ordered my Fanatec but it won’t be ready until mid March. Only available for PreOrder at the moment
hey Jarkulary, there is a guy down the street from me that is selling a top shel Fanatec set up. All chromed and anodized red Hardware W/stick shifter. It come with a 50" concaved TV and mount. He has $4200+ into it and I think was looking for $1800 for it all. I can get pics if anyone is interested. He's a rich kid so... well we all know how rich kids are😉🤣

Hey guys, sorry for dropping out last night. I was about to catch up and make my move and...🤣🤣 unfortunately we lost power for 4+hrs. I guess someone hit a telephone pole down the street and died😒 it's been getting super frick'n icy as soon as the sun goes down here.

@who ever was running next to me at the 1st chicane; I think we touched, I looked in the rearview at Fastone's frontend and missed my braking point. But that was dumb [of me] thinking we could go into that corner giving each other enough room. The shape of the corner entry doesn't make for side be side entry, ThatFuknDumbGuy wasn't thinking about that😒🤣 Still had fun bringing up the rear as usuall. I had hope with Jarkulary just 8-10sec. ahead of me But when he dropped out, it went to over a min behind😒😆

It certainly wasn't me!!! I didn't watch the replay yet but I am curious how you could go 7 laps on softs, my mediums were pretty worn after 7 laps. The Vette must have a large fuel tank, I had to save fuel to make 7 laps with the NSX. Congrats!!
I also have to watch the replay to see how Cold beat me to 2nd, I thought towards the end he was going to have to stop twice to my 1 stop.
I will definitely be looking at the Vette for the GR3 races.
I can confirm after running the Gr.4 Corvette for our 2nd season. That it does not get great fuel mileage. It probably couldn't make it 6 laps on fuel running flat out an entire stint. The Corvette also eats it's front tires. And develops evil understeer throughout a stint. How he managed to get 7 laps out of the car and made RS last 7 is incredible.

I ran flat out the entire race with a 4 stop strategy. I ran 4, 6, 6, and 5 laps stints. First stint was on RS the rest were on RM. I knew I wouldn't need 6 laps of fuel for the last stint and only took on enough for 5 laps. Saving both time and weight.

Put me down for the 'Vette in Gr. 3 if you haven't already. I noticed the entry list hadn't been updated and I remember sayin I was going to test it today.

@fastone371 Lifting every lap at the 200m board before the chicanes and the 90 degree right as well as well before the Porsche Curves to coast down to 180km on entry without going wide. Short shifting at 6,000 rpm the entire race and using 3rd and 5th as much as possible compared to 2nd and 4th in some turns.

Also, since you mentioned never using more than half brake, I have started trying that and it really worked on those chicanes. Only 2 penalties the whole race, a 2 second one and a .5 second one. The first, I clipped too much apex turning right onto the back straights. The .5 penalty was going slightly wide coming out of the Porsche curves which is always my downfall but I finally remembered how to hit the last left hander while decelerating, you have to straddle the apex before even thinking of putting throttle back into it.

I plan on having a Gr. 3 lobby after the Daytona race ends if anyone would like to join.
Sorry I didn't realize the Corvette was a confirm.

I can confirm after running the Gr.4 Corvette for our 2nd season. That it does not get great fuel mileage. It probably couldn't make it 6 laps on fuel running flat out an entire stint. The Corvette also eats it's front tires. And develops evil understeer throughout a stint. How he managed to get 7 laps out of the car and made RS last 7 is incredible.

I ran flat out the entire race with a 4 stop strategy. I ran 4, 6, 6, and 5 laps stints. First stint was on RS the rest were on RM. I knew I wouldn't need 6 laps of fuel for the last stint and only took on enough for 5 laps. Saving both time and weight.
I don't see why everyone is so astonished? Made it last 7,7,7 and 6 for the final stint. With the pit delta, didn't think a 4 stop race would be fast enough. Lifting and coasting before braking saves a lot instead of holding it at the top of the red zone burning tons of fuel for a little KPH. I think every lap was sub 4,30.000 and I hadn't ran faster than a 4,22.5 before we were in a lobby together. I think I caught too much draft behind fastone371 to get the 4,20.XXX quali' time so that wasn't really reflective of my own pace.

I don't see why everyone is so astonished? Made it last 7,7,7 and 6 for the final stint. With the pit delta, didn't think a 4 stop race would be fast enough. Lifting and coasting before braking saves a lot instead of holding it at the top of the red zone burning tons of fuel for a little KPH. I think every lap was sub 4,30.000 and I hadn't ran faster than a 4,22.5 before we were in a lobby together. I think I caught too much draft behind fastone371 to get the 4,20.XXX quali' time so that wasn't really reflective of my own pace.
Because I know characteristics of the Gr.4 Corvette from driving for a season. You managed to save more than a lap of fuel at 8.47 miles race track. I pushed the either race and you still were out pacing me despite not even being on throttle all the way to the brake zones. @fastone371 was saving too but, I was able to out pace him on track.

Last edited:
It's the softs going 7 laps that gets me, I tried the soft strategy and laps 6 and 7 were far too slow not to mention I could run a 4:22 without saving fuel on RM.

Do we have enough signed up to worry about car selection or do we have a list of available/not available somewhere I missed? 👈🏼It wouldn't surprise me😶‍🌫️ I misunderstood the Le Sarth race set up and practiced w/no chicane🙄 I don't think I've gotten a single race set up right since I came to Rinsky. FuknDumbGuy🤣 I'm off to look for a ride.

Do we have enough signed up to worry about car selection or do we have a list of available/not available somewhere I missed? 👈🏼It wouldn't surprise me😶‍🌫️ I misunderstood the Le Sarth race set up and practiced w/no chicane🙄 I don't think I've gotten a single race set up right since I came to Rinsky. FuknDumbGuy🤣 I'm off to look for a ride.
There is no car model restrictions this season. It's our last season so I figured let everyone have fun. If things end up a one make so be it.

I would have specified if it was the non Chicane version. You can always ask if you not sure of something. I wouldn't have scheduled the non Chicane version without Tuning

By the way you thought we were at the Sarthe No Chicane and you chose the Nissan GT-R? It accelerates great at low to mid speeds but, it's a brick at high speed. The Gr.4 GT-R eats tires too.

Last edited:
It's the softs going 7 laps that gets me, I tried the soft strategy and laps 6 and 7 were far too slow not to mention I could run a 4:22 without saving fuel on RM.
See, that is what gets me. You can push on RM tires the entire time and run pretty steady under 4:25.00 but if you coast and roll through the corners without much throttle, the grip of the RS tires far exceed the RM tires. We have all done thousands of miles in this game and after those miles, it seems that tire wear is extremely dependent on how aggressively the throttle is applied and how much the brake is held while turning. Acceleration doesn't show much wear difference unless its a VGT or Redbull X2019 or something.

With that said, by really lifting a lot and using the tire grip without engine power or brake pressure, the corners can be taken much faster with less braking and full acceleration once you get the steering wheel pointed straight. Going beyond 90% throttle with any more than a few degrees of steering seems to be the biggest reason for wear. Out braking oneself and using aggressive steering input to make the apex by force is a close second, unless you brake more then it wears faster than accelerating with steering input.

Really, your comment about using half brake sealed the deal for me. I have been working on the throttle and steering part but I was still braking way to hard. Tsukuba is proof of that when I forget to pace myself and start chasing the leader.

Last edited:
See, that is what gets me. You can push on RM tires the entire time and run pretty steady under 4:25.00 but if you coast and roll through the corners without much throttle, the grip of the RS tires far exceed the RM tires. We have all done thousands of miles in this game and after those miles, it seems that tire wear is extremely dependent on how aggressively the throttle is applied and how much the brake is held while turning. Acceleration doesn't show much wear difference unless its a VGT or Redbull X2019 or something.

With that said, by really lifting a lot and using the tire grip without engine power or brake pressure, the corners can be taken much faster with less braking and full acceleration once you get the steering wheel pointed straight. Going beyond 90% throttle with any more than a few degrees of steering seems to be the biggest reason for wear. Out braking oneself and using aggressive steering input to make the apex by force is a close second, unless you brake more then it wears faster than accelerating with steering input.

Really, your comment about using half brake sealed the deal for me. I have been working on the throttle and steering part but I was still braking way to hard. Tsukuba is proof of that when I forget to pace myself and start chasing the leader.
If only I was better at throttle and brake control the controller to utilize this. I actually wish I lower the sensitivity a little. Also since I use the sticks for throttle and brakes. I technically can't properly trail brake.

Last edited:
If only I was better at throttle and brake control the controller to utilize this. I actually wish I lower the sensitivity a little. Also since I use the sticks for throttle and brakes. I technically can't properly trail brake.
Why use the sticks instead of the triggers??
With all of the new wheels coming out there has got to be bargains on used stuff if you ate in a bind. A wheel just improves the game so much, if I only had the DS4 to use I highly doubt that I would play but since I have a wheel I would drive everyday if I had the time.

I'm also glad that I helped you to kick my butt, now I need to find some more speed. :banghead::banghead::):)
**Great race BTW, I can't wait to watch the replay, I hope I remembered to save it.
Do you plan on having a group practice during the evening this week? Since I just finished a job I am taking evenings off this week.

Last edited:
Back