Rival grid single is broken

Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Gran Turismo: I play "offline", I noticed that since 8 months or so ago, if I play a regular race say with a Volkswagen beetle, my ai opponents are all racing gt and super cars no matter the level of difficulty, that's just unfair, can we go back to the time the grid would automatically adapt to the type of car one is using? Can you answer the reasoning behind this, can you fix this?

Last edited:
Can you answer the reasoning behind this, can you fix this?
No, and no; we, or GTPlanet, is not associated with Polyphony in any way.

Either way, it already took them 2 years to fix the split screen bug so it's obvious they don't prioritize arcade mode.

Gran Turismo: I play "offline", I noticed that since 8 months or so ago, if I play a regular race say with a Volkswagen beetle, my ai opponents are all racing gt and super cars no matter the level of difficulty, that's just unfair, can we go back to the time the grid would automatically adapt to the type of car one is using? Can you answer the reasoning behind this, can you fix this?
I assume you have engine swapped your Beetle if you are getting these types of opponents?!

Not at all, other example, why do I have to race Ferraris and Mazda GT super cars if I am using an 85 toyota trueno? Even if it is heavily modified still won't go over 210 km/h nor would have a Lamborghini acceleration

Not at all, other example, why do I have to race Ferraris and Mazda GT super cars if I am using an 85 toyota trueno? Even if it is heavily modified still won't go over 210 km/h nor would have a Lamborghini acceleration
Not sure then! Some screenshots would help (or better yet a video!)

It’s also important to note that your AI rivals are selected based on your cars pp

Last edited:
I don't know what you're doing to see this outcome, but I just entered a custom single-player race with a random rival car selection at Intermediate with a standard Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86) '83 and got this grid:

1715550543639.png

1715550556960.png

Last edited:
The player can enter a Single Race(not Custom Race) with a stock Trueno in a WTC 800-900 or high and races like the Neo-Classic and Nostalgic Car race, the program will not adjust to the User’s car. Those are the only races I can see the Original Poster’s concern.

The player can enter a Single Race(not Custom Race) with a stock Trueno in a WTC 800-900 or high and races like the Neo-Classic and Nostalgic Car race, the program will not adjust to the User’s car. Those are the only races I can see the Original Poster’s concern.
Of course, but these races also give you a suggested (or mandated) PP rating and tell you exactly what the lead opponent cars will be.

I'm not expecting that a reasonable person would enter an 850PP race where there's a Jaguar XJR-9 listed as a lead opponent in a 400PP Sprinter Trueno (well, more as racing tyres are usually required in WTC800/WTC900 races) and then act surprised about it.

Of course, but these races also give you a suggested (or mandated) PP rating and tell you exactly what the lead opponent cars will be.

I'm not expecting that a reasonable person would enter an 850PP race where there's a Jaguar XJR-9 listed as a lead opponent in a 400PP Sprinter Trueno (well, more as racing tyres are usually required in WTC800/WTC900 races) and then act surprised about it.
Famine you’ve been here way longer than me, but I’ve seen some scratching head posts too.:lol:
Edit: @Famine It’s the “Mazda GT” that’s made me comment about the op entering those WTC races. The RX-V GT3 are only seen there where a player can enter a road car. Well, maybe we’ll see a screen shot… or not.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back