RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Onboy123
Well, I once drove a 22B with 2/4 brake setting and it refused to slow under hard braking, but if it words for you, then who am I to judge.

And you currently have 67 tunes my friend, getting better eh? :D

I love how nobody bats an eye when I use 9 or 10 brake bias xD

Well, I once drove a 22B with 2/4 brake setting and it refused to slow under hard braking, but if it words for you, then who am I to judge.

And you currently have 67 tunes my friend, getting better eh? :D

Probably due to the better braking properties of the GT by Citroen Race Car then. Read the Sarthe race chapter of my fanfic with it and you'll see what I mean.

It always seems like a very small amount given how no one replies to my thread ever. :rolleyes:

Probably due to the better braking properties of the GT by Citroen Race Car then. Read the Sarthe race chapter of my fanfic with it and you'll see what I mean.

It always seems like a very small amount given how no one replies to my thread ever. :rolleyes:

Ah well…I don't really know. And I did! I read every chapter of that bleedin' story, ya know! :D

Oh don't worry, get it up to 100 and you'll get noticed. :P And can I try your cars?

C-ZETA
RKM were still popular when they had 67 tunes here...and what on earth makes you think you can't try my cars? Silly :P

I use a fair few of your tunes :D it doesn't matter who has more tunes, it's how good they are. I usually try a few before I settle on one I really like...and some like the V16T I just can't say no :embarrassed:

RKM were still popular when they had 67 tunes here...and what on earth makes you think you can't try my cars? Silly :P

But they were here longer. I thought you'd shoo me off cuz I'd get off topic. :lol:
I use a fair few of your tunes :D it doesn't matter who has more tunes, it's how good they are. I usually try a few before I settle on one I really like...and some like the V16T I just can't say no :embarrassed:

Lurker. Y U NO PROVIDE FEEDBACK?! :lol:

I knew that, just it doesn't feel it cause no one gives feedback :( Which other tunes do you use of mine?

I knew that, just it doesn't feel it cause no one gives feedback :( Which other tunes do you use of mine?
:lol: Here's a hint. Pick on my mate Harvey Wallbanger. He's provided much feedback for many of my not so crap cars which have yet to see daylight on GTP.

C-ZETA

Gonna sound completely useless now...I am never usually in the mood to give proper feedback. I have to be in a reviewing mood, and that takes a while to happen :dopey: and I know I use...the Nismo GTR LM, the Clio V6, the Evora...and the OGz Golf :D and probably a couple of others by now that my useless brain cannot recall

:lol: Here's a hint. Pick on my mate Harvey Wallbanger. He's provided much feedback for many of my not so crap cars which have yet to see daylight on GTP.

I might try his pocket monster at some point, I have a Mira which I can use to pull it out. I obviously of course loved his Evo VI rallyer, that was top class, very good on all surfaces. Tried his 525PP Pikes Peak quattro as well and that was good for the track it was on.

I might try his pocket monster at some point, I have a Mira which I can use to pull it out. I obviously of course loved his Evo VI rallyer, that was top class, very good on all surfaces. Tried his 525PP Pikes Peak quattro as well and that was good for the track it was on.

He'll be pleased by this. Now, ask him to drive a few of your cars in return. :lol:

I'm actually quite interested in your CT230R-road-legal-not-as-heavy version. So I might actually bring myself to writing up a small review for it…or not. :D

He'll be pleased by this. Now, ask him to drive a few of your cars in return. :lol:

I'm actually quite interested in your CT230R-road-legal-not-as-heavy version. So I might actually bring myself to writing up a small review for it…or not. :D

He said he was interested in my Copen. Obviously :sly:

You'll need an Evo VII GSR then. It is a sporadic appearance remember, being Standard :sly:

He said he was interested in my Copen. Obviously :sly:

You'll need an Evo VII GSR then. It is a sporadic appearance remember, being Standard :sly:

Ah…

I have one. It was the benchmark that I pit my Eclipse Evo 2 against. (pwned it by 2 full seconds on Trial Mountain :D) But can you just share it? Pretty prrrease? :D

Yay! And even moar tunes?! Go C-ZETA! Hunt down JG's shop! :D You're only two tunes away!

I meant as in putting up my existing tunes on GT5. But I will have a few more tunes soon :) I'm more concentrating on reviews today.

I meant as in putting up my existing tunes on GT5. But I will have a few more tunes soon :) I'm more concentrating on reviews today.

Ah…right. Whoops. I'm concentrating on multitasking as G.T.R needs a LMP sized update and I've got to scare Wallbanger with an abandoned devil he left me. Plus, I've got to review your tunes as well and do some for Dragonthing (Roj's stuff doesn't seem as interesting now) and maybe for RJ as well.

Onboy123
Ah…right. Whoops. I'm concentrating on multitasking as G.T.R needs a LMP sized update and I've got to scare Wallbanger with an abandoned devil he left me. Plus, I've got to review your tunes as well and do some for Dragonthing (Roj's stuff doesn't seem as interesting now) and maybe for RJ as well.

Wait, what? I am interesting? :dopey:

Uhm which devil did I leave you?

@C-ZETA if you have a car or two you want me to check out I'll try although currently I'm a bit tied up testing for the current shootout.

Oh and after the 11th my time for actually playing GT5 will be a bit more limited as that's when I pick up my copy of ES:Skyrim!:D

Uhm which devil did I leave you?

@C-ZETA if you have a car or two you want me to check out I'll try although currently I'm a bit tied up testing for the current shootout.

Oh and after the 11th my time for actually playing GT5 will be a bit more limited as that's when I pick up my copy of ES:Skyrim!:D

You'll see. You'll see, very soon. I'll PM you a clue later, but I'll tell you this much. A recent gearbox test revealed that it has a top speed of 200mph from just 400hp. It's still slightly crippled handling-wise from a chassis brace that you put on it. But otherwise, I have to say that it's growing on me very quickly…

And the shootout testing isn't until…today! :D

Pffft. GT5 4EVAR! :D[/fanboi-ism]

Someone's a busy man. But, knowing you, you'll have it all done in a jiffy! Right?

...Right?

Anyway my Lancer Evo VII is up for you to try and as an added bonus my RGT-02 "Red/Orange Flame" is also up as well. Will also put up my Nia Type-R tune when her current job is done. ;)

Someone's a busy man. But, knowing you, you'll have it all done in a jiffy! Right?

...Right?

Anyway my Lancer Evo VII is up for you to try and as an added bonus my RGT-02 "Red/Orange Flame" is also up as well. Will also put up my Nia Type-R tune when her current job is done. ;)

Nope. You know how hyper I am. It's great being motivated again, it's focusing that hyper-ness into something remotely useful that gets me. I can't do it. :lol:

Yay! :D Now…to decide…scare the wallbanger or scare myself…400hp vs a grand total of around 5000hp…5000hp it is! Wish me luck! :scared:

Nope. You know how hyper I am. It's great being motivated again, it's focusing that hyper-ness into something remotely useful that gets me. I can't do it. :lol:

I would think though that being hyper would let you do things faster. :lol:

Also, as a note to Roj, you forgot to put the turbo on the parts list for the Starlet. :sly:

I would think though that being hyper would let you do things faster. :lol:

Also, as a note to Roj, you forgot to put the turbo on the parts list for the Starlet. :sly:

Nah…it just makes you crash quicker. :lol:

Parts check nazi. :P :dopey:

Nah…it just makes you crash quicker. :lol:

Parts check nazi. :P :dopey:

Oh right :ouch:

Well I just got a Starlet and was checking so I thought I'd point it out. Thing is though, it's still a tad understeery on Kart Space for me...as I've come to expect from RKM FF cars really. Well, bar one (but you'll have to wait till later to find out what that is).

A review of the RKM Audi RS6 Avant:

Test car specs:
-weight: 1524kg
-power ratings: 594bhp @ 6500 rpm, 498 lb-ft @ 1500 rpm
-odometer: 119.6 miles
-power to weight ratio: 2.53kg/hp
-no rear spoiler, no engine upgrades

RKM's 2-ton leviathan. The RS6 looked like a typical Audi wagon - it didn't look much but boy boy does it pack some hardware. A V8 under the hood? Nice try, but the engine is a 4991cc bi-turbo V10 derived from the Lamborghini Gallardo. It belted out 572 bhp & 479 lb-ft. Press release kits for the car claimed the RS6 Avant is capable of 200+ mph, provided the 155 mph speed limiter was disabled. Real-life aftermarket tuners of the RS6 demonstrated that the V10 can be tuned to sub-1000 bhp levels with nary a hint of engine failure. A Godzilla killer packaged as a sleeper wagon...just plain incredible. :)

- Performance is ballistic. The RS6 is absurdly powerful though exhibits understeer with the stock 40:60 torque split. I adjusted the torque-split to 10:90 to improve grip and maneuverability as good as possible to compensate for the lack of a rear wing. Handling has significantly improved. However, the outer rear wheel can slip & the rear axle will step out on aggressive corner exits.
- Max torque is available as early as 1500 rpm. The RS6 requires you to be on your toes since there is gobs of power available, tempting you to take the corner faster but might result in an off-track expedition quite quickly.
- It's fun to drive the car using the throttle. At 1524 kg, the RS6 still is hefty and makes its presence known in undulating, late-apex corners. I find it necessary to feather the throttle in trickier corner sections (i.e. Nordschleife) to help the car maintain a tight racing line. Corner speed is of little consequence as the car has plenty of power to rocket out of a turn.
- The stock transmission was replaced with a close-ration 6-speeder. The stock tranny basically is a 5-speed, with 6th gear as an overdrive. Though 6th is tall, the RS6 is still accelerating (6th is engaged at approximately 181 mph). I think the original 200 mph claim is possible if given enough road, but I think the stock ratios are too tall and does not maximize car's acceleration. The close-ratio transmission is just right - brisk pace and the RS6 hits the rev-limiter at 190 mph. Until full-custom ratios are available, the close-ration transmission is the better bet.

This RKM RS6 has been delegated for Nordschleife grinding (Schwarzwald B), earning 120K per finish. Weaving around traffic, the RKM RS6 was able to post a time of 7:14.801, with no off-track excursions. Mightily impressive.

There's just nothing to fault with the RKM RS6 - the suspension works well in keeping the car planted, excellent LSD settings that efficiently transmit all the V10's power to the tires, and of course, the stupendous performance of the bi-turbo powerplant.

The RKM leviathan. Naming the car 'ikeamobile' or just a plain super-fast cruiser is a serious understatement. It has earned a spot in my 'favorites' garage because the RS6 is that good. RKM made it even better. :)

Back