RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Lexus LFA Part 1

After seeing the Lexus LFA tune available on the thread, i had to give it a go!

Track: Eiger Nordwand Short Course
Race: Online
Aids: None (apart from ABS 1)
Grid: Ferrari 458 Italia
Maserati Gran Turismo
Lexus LFA <--- Me!
Nissan GTR
Aston Martin DB9

The horsepower limit was 650hp, so im unsure to whether the other peoples cars were tuned.

3,2,1,GO!

My Lexus fires off the line and i almost immediatley overtake the Maserati, however the 458 Italia just holds its ground into the first jump. The Lexus fires off, and lands calmly, as i see the GTR have a catastrophic spin in my rear view mirror (I think to myself 'overpowered GTR noob').

The following hairpins are taken gracefully. I just love the way the nose dips and follows your line exactly where you want it. This is a significant improvement to the stock model of the car, which used to punish you severely if you made one mistake, it's now a bit more forgiving. A brief bit of oversteer on the way out of the last hairpin, and we're onto a short straight.

Pedal to the metal and I fly past the 458 Italia and i'm into 1st, where this car belongs. The next corner's a tricky one, too much throttle and I knew i'd spin, so i let off on the entry, once I knew i was round, foot down and Woooooosh!

I am engulfed by the tunnel and I can now hear the tremendous whine of the engine, I'm a fair distance ahead of the pack. The race has been a good one, the spectacular scenery combined with the gracefulness of the car, and I just have to keep calm to secure my prize. I enter the last corner, i whip the tail out in jubilation and cross the line.

Winner!

Cheers for the tune, absolutely love it and would reccomend to anyone else who was disapointed by the Lexus LFA stock model.

Last edited:
Lexus LFA Part 2

Heres Part 2 of my Lexus LFA tune review.

For this review I wanted to try something different, so I pitted it against race track bred Japanese GT cars.

Track: Fuji Speedway F
Race: Japenese GT Championship
Aids: None (apart from ABS 1)
Grid: A few Japenese Super GT Cars
Lexus LFA <-----Me!
A few more Japense Super GT Cars

Before I started this race I really had no idea how the Lexus would perform against these types of cars. I was pleasantley suprised :).

3,2,1 GO! (Well not really seeing as it was a rolling start)

FujiSpeedwayF_1.jpg

Here you can see the rolling start, i'm fairly nervous as to how it will accellerate off the line.

The race starts, and i put my foot down. I feel the engine rattle, and the car responds nicely. I keep up with the pack and even start to pull away from the car behind me. The first corner is approaching, i'm am excited to see how it handles amongst a cluster of other vehicles.

FujiSpeedwayF_2.jpg

As i approach the first corner, it all becomes rather bottlenecked and i feel that it's time to pull off some Lexus Magic!
Knowing that the car grips nicely, I aim for the inside of the corner, unlike the other racers who go enter the corner from a wider angle.

FujiSpeedwayF_3.jpg

It works! I grip throughout the corner with no feeling of slipping or losing control. I accelerate out and find myself in a respectable 5th position. I slipstream one of my opponents, and gain a place as we advance into the next corner.

The next few corners are a blur, a cluster of cars squeezing round some tight bends, the Lexus feels at home here.

I'm over 50% of the way round and i just manage to creep into the lead as the other drivers decide to let off wheras I take a risk and floor it round a wide corner.

FujiSpeedwayF_4.jpg

It didn't exactly pay off, as I was far too wide on the entry to the next corner, however the Lexus' racing pedigree makes up for this, and hauls me back onto the track, just behind the leader.

A few more corners follow, and the race is becoming tense.

FujiSpeedwayF_5.jpg

The back end of my car flips out (I shout "SIIIIDEEEWAAAAAAYS!" just like Jeremy Clarkson), but I cure it with a bit of throttle treatment and quick steering.

I know the move needs to be made sooner or later, and an opportunity arises.

FujiSpeedwayF_6.jpg

I can see a clear gap on the inside of the leader, a Xanavi Nismo. I have a feeling he will break early and leave a gap for me to enter.

I brake late and pray.

The car grips like it's on rails and I sail through the corner without problem.

FujiSpeedwayF_7.jpg

SUCCESS!

I pull out of the corner in first place, all that remains is a huge strait to engulf, YUMMY!

FujiSpeedwayF_8.jpg

I fly down the straight at 160mph, pulling away from all contenders and cross the line in 1st place.

WINNER!

A great race, a great track and most of all, a great car!

Cheers for the tune, and I hope you enjoy the review!

Love the car!

Absolutely LOVE your Lexus LFA tune. I thought I wouldn't be able to find one as i never seem to see anyone using it, but now it works wonders!! Just one thing, i tried it with sports soft, did a 1:31 on trial mountain, with racing softs, i did a 1:26.

Cheers guys, had a look at some of your others and can't stop spending money on tuning now!!

Glad you lliked it! :) The LFA turns a few people off with its crazy handling but it has a sweet spot if you look hard enough. :D That said, our tuned LFA has had many mixed opinions about the handling so it's good to see another supporter.

1:31 sounds about right for it. I managed low 1:30's knocking on the door of 1:29 but the time difference is mostly course knowledge anyway.

The reviews were great! Especially the Super GT one, very good to see an LFA handing the Super GT's their arses. :lol: Seems it's a good online car too. :sly:

Thanks for the reviews!

Hey guys, first time posting but have been using your tunes for a while. Keep up the good work; I've found that most of your cars have found their way into my garage or at least the ones I can find/afford. I've got a few cars that I'm hoping you could work your magic on, so expect some more reviews.

NSX-R 3rd Anniversary Review

At first I tried this tune with my fully upgraded NSX and it felt too loose on corner exit. I use a DS3 and have pretty poor throttle control so steering and throttle are usually made in large increments. If I didn't have the car straightened out before hitting the throttle, the rear end usually swings around and I end up in the wall.

I already had the stage3 engine upgrade done so I mixed and matched parts until my car had about the same HP as yours. What a difference this made! Before I felt the car was a bit difficult to drive and felt like I couldn't really drive it to its potential. The car had always handled great on entry but now it doesn't make you feel handcuffed on the exit, but push it too hard and it reminds you that it's still a RWD car.

Final thoughts is an NSX that handles like one should but is more forgiving to the driver. The car just feels faster and is now a blast to drive. It will grip when you need it to grip but you can still slide out the back for fun. Though racing slicks aren't needed to drive this, I threw on racing slicks for fun and now the car handles like an MR car but you can drive it like it's a 4WD. With racing slicks it feels like you're cheating. Keep up the good work, I gotta keep grinding credits so I can try some of your race car tunes.

VTiRog, I Have the '97 Honda Civic like the red one, Civic VTi-r. I was tuning it to the race mod one you have and was waundering why it was'nt driving right. I had tuned it to the wrong car. Then I found the right car, now my civic drives great. Keep the great tunes coming out.💡:nervous:

Just can't stop trying all your tunes now!

Done the Enzo one, the Scuderia one, the Audi Avant one, the Lexus one, the Volvo C30 one.

Still going to do many more!

Have these guys done a tune for the Aston Martin DB9 yet?

I really like that car, but it doesn't seem like I can push it to it's full potential in it's factory state. Despite being an Aston martin, I always feel like it needs a bit more power.

Hey guys, first time posting but have been using your tunes for a while. Keep up the good work; I've found that most of your cars have found their way into my garage or at least the ones I can find/afford. I've got a few cars that I'm hoping you could work your magic on, so expect some more reviews.

NSX-R 3rd Anniversary Review

At first I tried this tune with my fully upgraded NSX and it felt too loose on corner exit. I use a DS3 and have pretty poor throttle control so steering and throttle are usually made in large increments. If I didn't have the car straightened out before hitting the throttle, the rear end usually swings around and I end up in the wall.

I already had the stage3 engine upgrade done so I mixed and matched parts until my car had about the same HP as yours. What a difference this made! Before I felt the car was a bit difficult to drive and felt like I couldn't really drive it to its potential. The car had always handled great on entry but now it doesn't make you feel handcuffed on the exit, but push it too hard and it reminds you that it's still a RWD car.

Final thoughts is an NSX that handles like one should but is more forgiving to the driver. The car just feels faster and is now a blast to drive. It will grip when you need it to grip but you can still slide out the back for fun. Though racing slicks aren't needed to drive this, I threw on racing slicks for fun and now the car handles like an MR car but you can drive it like it's a 4WD. With racing slicks it feels like you're cheating. Keep up the good work, I gotta keep grinding credits so I can try some of your race car tunes.
Glad you liked the NSX! It's a good way of showing that power isn't everything. :D I use a DS3 and I'm too hard on the throttle for my own good, so I try and cater for other lead-footed drivers like myself. :P
Have these guys done a tune for the Aston Martin DB9 yet?

I really like that car, but it doesn't seem like I can push it to it's full potential in it's factory state. Despite being an Aston martin, I always feel like it needs a bit more power.
Check the first post, there's a link to a DB9 tune. 👍

RKM Motorsport’s Volvo C30RS – R35 WUT

VolvoC30RS.jpg

VolvoC30RS_Big.jpg

Based on: 2009 Volvo C30 R-Design
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 420 BHP (@ 139.8 miles)
Torque:---- 315 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1196 kg

Myself and some friends get together once or twice a week to race. We reach a mutual agreement on the type of cars and restrictions. First up, Hot Hatches. I loved the Volvo C30 when it first came out, you can only imagine my delight when I stumbled across the Volvo C30RS from the folks at RKM. This car, daubed in RKM's magic, is truely amazing. Around Cape Ring South, on Sport Hard tyres, this beastie happily hangs its tail out and rides the curbs with a dab of opposite lock occasionally. It'll carry 115mph+ through the big sweeping prior to the finish. My mates in their Scoobaroos could only watch in awe as the C30RS ploughed easily through the swinging corners. The only corner this car every gave it away to the 4WD boys, was the final hairpin. But that was largely due to my choice of tyres. I should have compensated for that.

C30 R-Design '09 by Cy Kosis, on Flickr

C30 R-Design '09 by Cy Kosis, on Flickr

Now that I'd found this, it occured to me that there was a natural progression, or adaptation. I applied the same setup to the Focus ST. Guess what?? Apart from my driving skillz, or lack thereof, the ST was just as swift..!! I softened the springs a tad and raised the ride height, but that was largely due to the tracks we were running that night.

Ford Focus ST '06 by Cy Kosis, on Flickr

I've applied this tune to one other car as well, with remarkable results. I'll share with the RKM guys first, see what they think about it :sly:

I've more reviews to come, keep up the outstanding work guys...

Regarding the Mazda RX-7 R400, I found it had way too much understeer on sports softs, but by lowering the downforce to around 14, my problems were solved, and I can now see why it is such a remarkable car :)

RKM Motorsport’s Atenza 23RS

MazdaAtenza23RS.jpg

MazdaAtenza23RS_Big.jpg

Based on: 2003 Mazda Atenza Sports 23Z
Obtained: Used Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 385 BHP (Used, rebuilt)
Torque:---- 274 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1157 kg

Love this car. The RKM guys have really pulled it out of the bag with this one. I've used the tune on various versions of this car, and as suggested elsewhere in this thread, I firmed the rear springs a tad for the Mazda in the new car dealership. That is a truly great FWD car. Around the Nurburgring Nordschleife I managed a 7:48 lap, from a standing start, fighting through traffic online. In the hands of a better driver than myself, and tuned to the power levels the RKM guys have, this will surely post sub 7:30 laps, possibly/probably more. As with previous posts, my mates and I impose restrictions, and with these we kept the power to sub 355bhp.

The car instils massive confidence when attacking the Nordschleife. I've not got any pics just yet from that race, but here's a couple from a thrash around SSR5. I got stuffed into a barrier near the start of this race, and had 6 laps to reel in the Scoobaroo. I got him on lap 7/8, drafted him for the entire start/finish straight, passed him at the pit exit and never looked back. My metronome driving had preserved my tyres and I finished 8-9 secs clear :cool:

Mazda6 Concept '01 by Cy Kosis, on Flickr

Mazda6 Concept '01 by Cy Kosis, on Flickr

I kindly ask you to post on my thread Initial Torque: What do you do? There are so many thoughts and ideas on what it does and I'm trying to get all these thoughts in one place, so we can compare them all to one another. I would like you to post as your a well respected tuner and probably have a well defined idea of what Initial Torque. You can find a link in my signature, it's the second one down.

Myself and some friends get together once or twice a week to race. We reach a mutual agreement on the type of cars and restrictions. First up, Hot Hatches. I loved the Volvo C30 when it first came out, you can only imagine my delight when I stumbled across the Volvo C30RS from the folks at RKM. This car, daubed in RKM's magic, is truely amazing. Around Cape Ring South, on Sport Hard tyres, this beastie happily hangs its tail out and rides the curbs with a dab of opposite lock occasionally. It'll carry 115mph+ through the big sweeping prior to the finish. My mates in their Scoobaroos could only watch in awe as the C30RS ploughed easily through the swinging corners. The only corner this car every gave it away to the 4WD boys, was the final hairpin. But that was largely due to my choice of tyres. I should have compensated for that.

Now that I'd found this, it occured to me that there was a natural progression, or adaptation. I applied the same setup to the Focus ST. Guess what?? Apart from my driving skillz, or lack thereof, the ST was just as swift..!! I softened the springs a tad and raised the ride height, but that was largely due to the tracks we were running that night.

I've applied this tune to one other car as well, with remarkable results. I'll share with the RKM guys first, see what they think about it :sly:

I've more reviews to come, keep up the outstanding work guys...

From what I heard from Roj, the Focus understeers quite a lot more than the Volvo...

As for the handling... Sounds about right. If I really wanted to, I could make it go sideways every time you hit the gas with the wheel turned but it's a bit slower that way.

Regarding the Mazda RX-7 R400, I found it had way too much understeer on sports softs, but by lowering the downforce to around 14, my problems were solved, and I can now see why it is such a remarkable car :)

Someone likes their cars loose. :lol:

That said, I definitely need to work on that poor car some more... It can go quicker and I know it, I've just not found the same magic I did in GT4 yet.

Love this car. The RKM guys have really pulled it out of the bag with this one. I've used the tune on various versions of this car, and as suggested elsewhere in this thread, I firmed the rear springs a tad for the Mazda in the new car dealership. That is a truly great FWD car. Around the Nurburgring Nordschleife I managed a 7:48 lap, from a standing start, fighting through traffic online. In the hands of a better driver than myself, and tuned to the power levels the RKM guys have, this will surely post sub 7:30 laps, possibly/probably more. As with previous posts, my mates and I impose restrictions, and with these we kept the power to sub 355bhp.

The car instils massive confidence when attacking the Nordschleife. I've not got any pics just yet from that race, but here's a couple from a thrash around SSR5. I got stuffed into a barrier near the start of this race, and had 6 laps to reel in the Scoobaroo. I got him on lap 7/8, drafted him for the entire start/finish straight, passed him at the pit exit and never looked back. My metronome driving had preserved my tyres and I finished 8-9 secs clear :cool:

Always nice to hear some appreciation for my real car. :D

FWD is no longer a death sentence in GT5... I do believe the C30 and Atenza show that well, as do Roj's FWD efforts.

I kindly ask you to post on my thread Initial Torque: What do you do? There are so many thoughts and ideas on what it does and I'm trying to get all these thoughts in one place, so we can compare them all to one another. I would like you to post as your a well respected tuner and probably have a well defined idea of what Initial Torque. You can find a link in my signature, it's the second one down.

Will do. 👍

Edit: Just noticed we've broken 1000 posts. Coo'.

Last edited:
Someone likes their cars loose.

That said, I definitely need to work on that poor car some more... It can go quicker and I know it, I've just not found the same magic I did in GT4 yet.

I hope you do continue to work on it. I did a 7:29 round the nurburgring yesterday, with one slight knock (all aids off including driving line), but it feels as if it can go faster.

I tried out the Tvr tuscan on the nordschliefe, I have to say, its great. It handles very well.
I'm looking for a dodge vice acr '10 tune, any chance you could try it?

I hope you do continue to work on it. I did a 7:29 round the nurburgring yesterday, with one slight knock (all aids off including driving line), but it feels as if it can go faster.

Trust me, I will.

And trust me, it can go a good bit quicker than 7:29. ;)

I tried out the Tvr tuscan on the nordschliefe, I have to say, its great. It handles very well.
I'm looking for a dodge vice acr '10 tune, any chance you could try it?

The Tuscan only really works at the Ring; it's a bit of an odd car. Very small but only at home in higher speed ranges. I have a Viper ACR tune but it's not in line with my normal tuning; i.e sports tires on street cars, race tires on race tires. I can PM it to you if you like.

great tunes!, I'm not sure if you're taking requests but if you're looking for a challenge I think the C12 Zonda might just do it. There aren't any great tunes on the site and I myself have some trouble tuning this great machine so it'd be nice to see what you guys can come up with :)

great tunes!, I'm not sure if you're taking requests but if you're looking for a challenge I think the C12 Zonda might just do it. There aren't any great tunes on the site and I myself have some trouble tuning this great machine so it'd be nice to see what you guys can come up with :)

Request policy is one review = one tune. 👍

The C12 interests me if for no reason other than it being able to stay under 400hp.

Review "Swiftly Done"

SwiftlyDone_Big.jpg

Since I'm a Guy with Decency and apprichiate the work not only from Rojer but the whole RKM Staff and the things they do for us, I wanted to this Review for MY Suzuki Swift 👍

Since I'm a big fan of the Nordschleife and the Suzuki Swift, I thought of a little challange. Would it be possible to get the Swift in under 8 Minutes around the 'Ring?
I gave it a try and the results were quite disappointing... the stock Swift would only manage barely 9:15:xx. Still it's not bad for a stock 125hp Swift, and normal people would be very satisfied with the time in Real Life.
But since I'm not normal nor I have a Real Life and the time was decades away from a under - 8 - Minute Time, I started to spend some money in this little samurai.

After a little refreshment of Suspension and a little extra Horsepower, I tried to get the car under 8:00, but there was no chance in getting this car even near the 8 Minutes, so I contacted Roj from RKM and explined him, what I am aiming for.

After a nice conversation between the two of us, he started to use his magic fingers and put almost everything in this ninja, what is possible.

The Results: 300HP!

After I got my Swift back with the words "It will do easily under 8 Minutes", I headed to the Nordschleife and tried it.
I have to admit, I was a bit scared of the whole Understeering, because it isn't normal to have 300HP in a striped out Swift Sport, giving all the power to the front wheels. But after the first 2 corners, the fear was blown away.
Quick as a rocket it went through every corner, and let my Jaw drop, as I saw the time: 7:40:xx.

So Roj, the ol' Wizard, managed to get this car almost 1 Minutes quicker around the track, as I managed it to get it around with my tunes.
Amazingly done!

Power + Speed: 4/5
Handling: 5/5
Overall Feeling: 5/5

Overall Score: 14/15

Closing Words: It makes me smile, everytime I drive this car around the Nordschleife, I'm quite sure I've already did about 50 Round with it, and it leaves me speachless. Roj sure did a great thing in tuning this thing to the absolute maximum. Sure the car isn't the quickest on the straight nor has it an absolute mindblowing acceleration, but the overall package and the cornering speed is just amazing. To close this review: Thank you Roj for this amazing Swift! Mr. Genius!

Hello, I am new to this forum but I would just like to thank you on one of your awesome tunes, I chose to try out the R32 GT-R tune by Rojer... :)

I think this tuning setup was brilliant as it was exactly what I needed and surprisingly stable with all assists turned off!!

I also wouldn't say that I am a very experienced driver at all, but for me this car was very easy to drive with my DFGT, driving with force feedback on 10 and power assist off.

I won't even attempt trying to fiddle with settings on my cars as I don't have a clue on what I am doing!! :guilty:

I am looking forward to using some more of your tunes in the future and also giving some feedback...

Ryan. 👍

Review "Swiftly Done"

SwiftlyDone_Big.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! :D When I recieved the Swift from you at the start, it was only doing about 8:10 with height-adjustable suspension, so I knew it could do go faster than 8:00 with some upgrades. :) In the end it just blew 8's away and started trying for mid-7's. :lol: I liked tuning this Swift, it's a real pocket rocket once you've made it handle like a go-kart. :sly:

How come nobody has reviewed the Enzo yet? Iv driven the car stock and damn you guys called it when you say it doesn't want to stop or turn.

Was this tune on The Enzo optimized for the ring? If so what type of lap times are y'all running? I did 1 lap o. A stock tune no aids and did. 6:26 ( slow for 900HP ) I put ur tune on my Enzo right before work and am looking forward to testing it out.

How come nobody has reviewed the Enzo yet? Iv driven the car stock and damn you guys called it when you say it doesn't want to stop or turn.

Was this tune on The Enzo optimized for the ring? If so what type of lap times are y'all running? I did 1 lap o. A stock tune no aids and did. 6:26 ( slow for 900HP ) I put ur tune on my Enzo right before work and am looking forward to testing it out.

Probably because most people don't even have an Enzo. It wasn't optimized for the 'Ring so we dont have laptimes there, but it can cope with bumps just as well as it copes with the smooth stuff. 👍

If the rumours are true and we're getting fully adjustable gearboxes on the 18th, expect lots and lots of gearbox revisions across our roster.

If the rumours are true and we're getting fully adjustable gearboxes on the 18th, expect lots and lots of gearbox revisions across our roster.

Hope so, the Volvo C30 takes an age to change from 5th to 6th gear (i use auto gearbox :rolleyes:)

Latest Posts

Back