RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Happy birthday GTTurtle! I've had to do assignments and even exams on my birthday. Sucked so bad. :(
Thanks Roj. The last time my birthday was on a week day I had a test too. I think I need to buy myself a premium membership sometime though, because I don't like the "GT" in front of my name.
This year I lost power on my birthday, didn't get it back until 10 days later. Enjoyed a nice piping hit bowl of beef top ramen for dinner :sly:👍
I love top ramen! But in all seriousness that sucks. I kind of feel bad for complaining so much about it. I don't like to complain, well, at least not on the internet.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

RKM Motorsport’s It’s Pikachu!

ItsPikachu.jpg

ItsPikachu_Big.jpg

Based on: Daihatsu Copen Active Top ‘02
Obtained: Brand new model at Daihatsu

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 193 BHP (@ 29.2 miles)
Torque:---- 18 kgfm
Weight:---- 732 kg
PP:-------- 464

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei ES-Tarmac Wheels
Type A Front Aero

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.127
2nd:-- 1.453
3rd:-- 1.065
4th:-- 0.844
5th:-- 0.699
Final: 5.850
Max Speed: 155 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 15/0
Accel:-- 30/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 6.0/3.0
Extension:-- 6/5
Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll:-- 1/2
Camber:----- 1.9/1.5
Toe:-------- –0.2/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Pikachu! I choose you!

What's the toe angle on this tune? You seem to have a typo over there.

Your videos are always appreciated Jr. 👍

Perhaps if the driver of the R34 backed off the throttle a bit in the corners and braked earlier, it would've had a sweet battle with the NSX. At least it was just an NSX it lost to. :P

Your videos are always appreciated Jr. 👍

Perhaps if the driver of the R34 backed off the throttle a bit in the corners and braked earlier, it would've had a sweet battle with the NSX. At least it was just an NSX it lost to. :P

Yea they're both drifters so I wasn't expecting them to drive well on sports. That's why I took the FR car with little down force.

ZZII Destroyer Review

Initial Thoughts

To be completely honest, I never touched this car before in my Gran Turismo career, not because I hated it, but I simply never got around to it. There were always more important/favorite cars that came first in priority. Having joined GTP and spent some time running around with RKM's tunes, I thought I'd give this one a shot.

I had no idea what I was expecting, but the horsepower number of 743 that Roj threw out there on the spec sheet gave me some indication. I knew this car would be fast, just how fast, well, that one I had to find out for myself.

When I brought the machine home from the Used Car Dealer for a screaming deal of 90,000 credits, I was expecting a car with a lot less looks and go. I was pleasantly surprised when my prize looked like a mix between a Mclaren F1 and a Ferrari of some sort (take your pick, all Ferraris look the same to me.)

So I thought to myself, "surely it couldn't get any better than this?" oh, but it did.

Baseline Test (All of these tests are done around Trial Mountain Circuit)

For an initial test to compare future results with, I took the car and did a few laps around Trial Mountain. All I have done to the car is put racing soft tires, new wheels, paint, and spoiler on it, along with restoring the rigidity and rebuilding the engine. Basically the entire GT Auto catalog. The car had a good bit of understeer in all types and speeds of corners, and it felt very "heavy" as I was going round and round, which I was not entirely happy about. The time I was able to set after 10 laps around was 1:27.162. Not bad, I thought to myself.

Post-RKM Tuning

After a good performance at stock specs, I went through the Tommy Kaira catalog and ordered everything I laid eyes on - chassis lightening services, engine modifications, cold air intakes, the lot. After the parts arrived and I had installed them, I went back to the mountain and did another run.

Since this was an RKM tune, I knew the results would be extremely pleasing, after seeing what could be done with an 80's Supra and a new millennium RX-7. With a premium canvas like this, I knew improvements were inevitable.

Giving myself another 10 laps to attack the circuit, Roj was able to fix the understeer problem I had quite well, but even with the weight reduction of 90kg, the vehicle still felt "heavy" in my hands. Perhaps slightly less sticky tires would help to solve that?

The newly tuned car went out and set a time of 1:22.855, a whole 4.3 seconds faster than original. And as Jeremy Clarkson put it, "3 seconds is like a week out on that track!" Well, RKM was able to make this thing over a week quicker of there, and I'm sure with some minor tweaks to suit my driving style, I could get this thing under 1:21 around there with ease.

Final Remarks
After testing this car, I feel really bad about not using one before. It was a diamond in the rough that I had never known about, and now I may have to go back a generation in video games and tune one up for myself on GT4.

Overall rating: 9-9.5/10
Speed: 9/10
Handling:7.5-8/10
Ease of Use: 9.5/10

I think this a car that anyone, whether they are new to the game or total veterans, can find enjoyable to drive, and will keep the new players away from the mainstream Hypercars like the R35, the Veyron, and the like, along with giving them a good run for their money, both in terms of performance and fun.

Overall rating: 9-9.5/10
Speed: 9/10
Handling:7.5-8/10
Ease of Use: 9.5/10

Thanks for the review! Yeah the ZZII is quite the gem. Some people don't even know it exists, let alone how cheap it is for the performance. :D

It does handle like it weighs more than it is and I can only blame this it on the fact that it's a 4WD car with 700+ bhp and sticky as hell tyres. It's kind of like the Enzo (except the Enzo is RWD). It's actually lightweight, but it feels much, much heavier. Not that it's a bad thing though, considering how fast it ends up. :lol:

It could be a sweet driver's car on sports soft and 500bhp I think, but when you have 700+, you kind of have to use the sticky stuff.

VTiRoj
Yeah the ZZII is quite the gem. Some people don't even know it exists, let alone how cheap it is for the performance. :D

It could be a sweet driver's car on sports soft and 500bhp I think, but when you have 700+, you kind of have to use the sticky stuff.

I was gonna try a run with racing meds but it was about 11pm 👎

Punching Salad

I swear that's funnier with the end cut out. Leave it at the "NAAAAAAAW"

On that note, I figure for anyone on RKM taking a brief break from working on tunes, they could check this out and laugh until their sides hurt immensely.

Until then, I'll keep this board in check for new tunes (and my Beetle)~

RKM Motorsport’s Gallardo LP710 Superleggera

GallardoLP710Superleggera.jpg

GallardoLP710Superleggera_Big.jpg

Based on: 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: AWD
Horsepower: 710 BHP (@302.7 miles)
Torque:---- 460 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1282 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Front Aero Type A
Rear Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type C

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Header
Sports Catalytic Converter
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
Adjustable Center Differential
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- x.xxx
2nd:-- x.xxx
3rd:-- x.xxx
4th:-- x.xxx
5th:-- x.xxx
6th:-- x.xxx
7th:-- x.xxx
Final: x.xxx
Max Speed: xxx

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 5/7
Accel:-- 25/35
Braking: 10/25
F/R Bias: 25/75

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -10/-20
Spring Rate: 7.5/8.0
Extension:-- 9/9
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 7/6
Camber:----- 3.5/4.5
Toe:-------- 0.15/0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Loud, low, incredibly tiresome to actually use on the street... The ultimate supercar, and the only one that you won't see rappers in. More power than the hottest Murcielago, less weight than the normal Gallardo Superleggera... Far more deserving of the name.

It'll bite you HARD if you treat it wrong. Treat it right and there will be the competition and perhaps a bit of smoke in your mirror and nothing but lapped traffic ahead. It won't beat up on LMPs and Group C cars, but then it's a “street car”. Not much of one, but still legal. Ish.

Hi RKM,
I was about to try this tune and find out that you're missing the gear ratio here. I'm still new in Gran Turismo world, and thinking to build this one to tackle most A-spec Expert series.

Any suggestion or your latest tune on this bull?
Btw, I've tried the Copen, it really balanced out, doing great job in considerably short track like Autumn Ring or Cape Ring (short one), it throttle out of the corner with a good response while having a decent stability.

Good job on that one 👍

Btw, a Hi from Indonesia! :)

@RMODA: I think he used a stock transmission, hence the stock gear ratios.

You can also see that there isn't a fully customizable transmission in the parts list.

Also, just as a BTW, that's a Pre-2.00 tune. It may or may not work now, specially since it's AWD, and AWDs are tricky to tune.

Hmm, so is there any tune that tweak the gearbox too?

Just use RJ's method, final gear to highest number, top speed autoset to lowest, drop the final gear to a give a reasonable top speed, then set 6th all the way to the right, 1st a bit to the left (until you don't stall off the line nor smack the rev limiter), spread gears in between them.

i'll be running the evo VI tune in the upcoming season of L.O.T.S in full competition A class (500pp) - the race trans and sports soft tires. So we'll see how it does in online touge competition against top level drivers.

i'll be running the evo VI tune in the upcoming season of L.O.T.S in full competition A class (500pp) - the race trans and sports soft tires. So we'll see how it does in online touge competition against top level drivers.

Eh, good luck bro. 👍

I swear that's funnier with the end cut out. Leave it at the "NAAAAAAAW"

On that note, I figure for anyone on RKM taking a brief break from working on tunes, they could check this out and laugh until their sides hurt immensely.

Until then, I'll keep this board in check for new tunes (and my Beetle)~

Oh I love Japanese prank videos. They're amazing. I can watch them for hours. :lol:

And yeah, the clips are much funnier when you see them in the video they're taken from.
I've tried this tune post-Spec II, still works quite well.
It could do with less camber though. :lol:👍
thanks i'll need it, some of the guys are scary fast.

That's the great thing about LotS really. It's the guys with the most skill who win, not the guys who pick the fastest cars. 👍

That's the great thing about LotS really. It's the guys with the most skill who win, not the guys who pick the fastest cars. 👍

although in preliminary testing the evo seems to hold its own against even top tier nsxr and rx7. And what am i, chopped liver?

Last edited:
although in preliminary testing the evo seems to hold its own against even top tier nsxr and rx7. And what am i, chopped liver?

Maybe. :lol:

Because you're driving on tight courses, the Evo's 4WD and AYC are a huge advantage, meaning you're on pretty equal terms with the NSX and RX-7, which would normally slaughter an Evo on a normal track.

Maybe. :lol:

Because you're driving on tight courses, the Evo's 4WD and AYC are a huge advantage, meaning you're on pretty equal terms with the NSX and RX-7, which would normally slaughter an Evo on a normal track.

as a test i ran on nurb and still came out on top versus higher pp cars, only an nsxr prototype lm road car was faster till it ran wide into grass and ate wall. but i managed to beat a 560pp r33, a 571pp rx7, 550pp cobra r, 600pp corvette zr1 and the 597pp nsxr proto lm. 2 laps of nurb heavy damage and tire wear and the evo pulled out a win:sly: yet i have a feeling if i race the touge god OSE_CAP__SHADOW i'll get my arse handed to me.

Back