RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I was going to start out with my own tuner garage soon and one of my opening tunes was going to be the C4. Great timing with that tune, I must say... :boggled:

Guess it's hatchback day at RKM.

Leo from Mad Finn tuned up my Pug for me, and I should get it today. Smells like a shootout may be in the works...:sly:
Everyday is hatchback day for me. :lol:
Here's the list for my RKM hatchback shootout:

Civic VTi-R
Civic Type R
Roj's Golf
Kusabi Evil C
R32 Golf-R
C4 VTS
147 RS
March Super Turbo
Swiftly Done (both 2005 and 2007 models, as they are a little different)
Yari Yari
The Kusabi is going to destroy everything if you keep the racing tyres on it. Although I'm sure you've already realised that and decided to run sports soft tyres. I'm not too familiar with the differences between the Swift's so I'm looking forward to that. :D:tup:
@ZoidFile: Holy review, batman! That's worth a tune but sadly I'll have to make Roj do it with my PS3 being down and all.

Also, most musclecars either have 3-speed automatics or 4-speed manuals. ;) 4-speed autoboxes didn't become common until the mid-late 80s.
Oh go on then. :P I'm chooching through these requests so I'm clear now. :P
Thank you, thank you and thank you..!! I'm properly looking forward to driving this car. Glad you guys cast your magic over it, and sorry for making you tinker with such an ugly creature :sly:

{Cy}
I totally forgot you requested one. :lol: Have fun with it and if Loeb wants his spoiler back, punch him. :sly:
Alfa 147 RS review:
Before:
I remember Jeremy Clarkson once said in a Alfa 147 GTA review that 'its Alfa-ness can't make up for its rubbish-ness.' And now I know what he means. This 147 ti has nearly as much power as the GTA and is, if I'm honest, rubbish. There is just far too much power for the tyres to cope, the understeer is horrendous, especially if you dive into a turn aggressively and well, it's just not that fast. It did a lap of 1:26.075, which isn't bad, but nothing to shout about either.
After:
Now, this is more like it. A stylish Italian hot hatch that doesn't smoke all that power away and can actually be serious. There is still understeer, a lot of it in fact, and it still doesn't feel that quick for 230hp. It could do with a turbo to help it along, but that somehow feels wrong to do so. But this thing is like the Evo IX in 1 respect, it will maintain the same feel of the car so it doesn't feel like it's changed, but will let the laptimes do the talking. It did a 1:22.415, nearly 4 seconds quicker than stock. And it's also quite fun, although it doesn't feel quick, it seems eager in the turns, ready to play. If you kick the throttle on the downshifts, it'll treat you to the wonderful noise of a engine revved to its 8300rpm redline and the visual flare of all 230 horses spitting flame out the exhaust. I rather like it. It doesn't seem to be too serious when you play, it won't punish you for being an idiot. But when your opponents finally do catch up, it will leave them for dead in the corners.

It's hard to sum this car and tune up, because the logical part of me wants to say that this is rubbish. But the bits of me that actually think up of and write this review say that this is in fact, the best FF car out of the lot. Sure it may be a bit mad and not that fast in a straight line, but for some reason I like it. Before, it feels like it wants to play, and also has an intangible feeling of specialness, but was just a bit lackluster to drive. Now, the tune has rectified that issue, but still maintains this cars special feeling.

Laptimes:
1:26.075(before)
1:22.415(after)

Later on, I'll be trying to prove Roj's claim wrong and try to beat the 147 around the track in a 300hp Focus ST (my substitute for the Focus RS)
I wanted to keep it's Alfa-ness so I tuned it to go faster but retain it's Alfa-ness, which seems to have worked after looking at that 4 second improvement. :lol:

Looking forward to the claim-buster. I've come out on top so far so no pressure on the Alfa. :P
My R34 is a understeer pig :grumpy:
Before or after our settings?
I was going to start out with my own tuner garage soon and one of my opening tunes was going to be the C4. Great timing with that tune, I must say... :boggled:
Oops. :embarrassed:

Alfa 147 RS vs Focus ST:
(Tested on TGTT)
Alfa 147 RS:
227hp
1060kg
Laptime: 1:22.985

Thoughts: It seems to change itself in some aspects every time I drive it. Before, it spat flames everywhere and was a lot of fun, albeit not that fast. Now I put it up against some competition, its gotten serious, and it's not my style changing. It now grips well, goes quite well and is, in general, more grown up than my first drive in it. Still haven't figured out how it could change its character so dramatically in such a short space of time, though. Must be an Italian thing. It's become more progressive, and this is reflected in the laptimes. On a 5 lap time trial, the 147's times steadily fall from 1:24.863 to its fastest 1:22.985 without any mistakes. It's easier now, but I'm not sure about my next drive though, hopefully it keeps this character. Anyway, now the benchmark is set, bring on the Focus!

Focus ST:
297hp
1432kg (aprox. since I can't check as I am not with my PS3)
Laptime: 1:20.458

Thoughts: Well, I suspect you might be thinking that my next sentence is going to be somewhere along the lines of 'Hah, you see Roj, I knew the 147 couldn't beat a 300hp Focus RS (or ST, whatever you want to call it)!!!' But I'm not going to, for 1 reason. It wasn't fair on the 147, as I just realised that the engine tuning is only at its first stage. As things stand, the Focus ST/RS is a good 2 seconds ahead of the 147. But don't worry, the 147 will be back, and next time, it's gonna pack even more punch.

Alfa 147 RS vs Focus ST:
(Tested on TGTT)
Alfa 147 RS:
227hp
1060kg
Laptime: 1:22.985

Thoughts: It seems to change itself in some aspects every time I drive it. Before, it spat flames everywhere and was a lot of fun, albeit not that fast. Now I put it up against some competition, its gotten serious, and it's not my style changing. It now grips well, goes quite well and is, in general, more grown up than my first drive in it. Still haven't figured out how it could change its character so dramatically in such a short space of time, though. Must be an Italian thing. It's become more progressive, and this is reflected in the laptimes. On a 5 lap time trial, the 147's times steadily fall from 1:24.863 to its fastest 1:22.985 without any mistakes. It's easier now, but I'm not sure about my next drive though, hopefully it keeps this character. Anyway, now the benchmark is set, bring on the Focus!

Focus ST:
297hp
1432kg (aprox. since I can't check as I am not with my PS3)
Laptime: 1:20.458

Thoughts: Well, I suspect you might be thinking that my next sentence is going to be somewhere along the lines of 'Hah, you see Roj, I knew the 147 couldn't beat a 300hp Focus RS (or ST, whatever you want to call it)!!!' But I'm not going to, for 1 reason. It wasn't fair on the 147, as I just realised that the engine tuning is only at its first stage. As things stand, the Focus ST/RS is a good 2 seconds ahead of the 147. But don't worry, the 147 will be back, and next time, it's gonna pack even more punch.
I have been defeated! :dunce: At least I can say that with only 70 less bhp, the 147 is only 2 seconds slower than a tuned ST. :lol: Thanks for that. 👍

As for the Alfa changing character, it's probably an Italian thing, yeah. :P

I totally forgot you requested one. :lol: Have fun with it and if Loeb wants his spoiler back, punch him. :sly:

Request is a polite way of putting it, I veritably bullied our Rotary Junkie into looking at it. I'd used the C30 build on it, and it was quick. Kyle sent me off to get some laptimes and prove, under the restrictions me and my buds were racing Hot Hatches, that the C4 was quick enough to warrant looking at.

Thanks again, I'll take the Ugly Baby out for a spin tonight and report back afterwards...

{Cy}
PS – If I see that Loeb bloke near the back of my car, I'll give him a Glasgow Kiss and tell him the RKM guys say Hi..!!

Ok, the 147 may have lost, but I'm not gonna let the Essex boy in his 'look-at-me!!!' Focus be smug for so long. There will be a rematch tomorrow, and by tomorrow the 147 RS will have more power, thanks to the stage 3 engine tuning, and will be joined by one of its relatives in a 3 car shootout (no, the 3rd car isn't a 8C, and nor is it on any of your tune lists).
If I have time, I'll do the Supra shootout again, to give the YellowHat a second chance, as, like I said, I wasn't quite awake as I should be.

Request is a polite way of putting it, I veritably bullied our Rotary Junkie into looking at it. I'd used the C30 build on it, and it was quick. Kyle sent me off to get some laptimes and prove, under the restrictions me and my buds were racing Hot Hatches, that the C4 was quick enough to warrant looking at.

Thanks again, I'll take the Ugly Baby out for a spin tonight and report back afterwards...

{Cy}
PS – If I see that Loeb bloke near the back of my car, I'll give him a Glasgow Kiss and tell him the RKM guys say Hi..!!
Ah I see. Glasgow kiss eh? Sounds kinky. :P
Ok, the 147 may have lost, but I'm not gonna let the Essex boy in his 'look-at-me!!!' Focus be smug for so long. There will be a rematch tomorrow, and by tomorrow the 147 RS will have more power, thanks to the stage 3 engine tuning, and will be joined by one of its relatives in a 3 car shootout (no, the 3rd car isn't a 8C, and nor is it on any of your tune lists).
If I have time, I'll do the Supra shootout again, to give the YellowHat a second chance, as, like I said, I wasn't quite awake as I should be.
That's the spirit! :P Could it be a Brera?
If the Focus does get beaten, how about you do it some justice by tuning it? (obviously when you have the time)

I have a 90% finished Focus ST tune that was supposed to twin with RJ's C30. However despite being identical to the C30 in specs, it wasnt anywhere near the performance, so I left it behind and moved on to something else. I'll give it another look when I have some free time.

A Brera…no, because that would mean I have to tune it myself and I suck at that…anyways you'll find out tomorrow, so just do some good tunes to keep all of us going for the Easter break, because I've just thought up of some fun (and rather obvious in some cases) reviews for me to do…

The Kusabi is going to destroy everything if you keep the racing tyres on it. Although I'm sure you've already realised that and decided to run sports soft tyres. I'm not too familiar with the differences between the Swift's so I'm looking forward to that. :D:tup:

Yeah, I've been debating that, and I might as well make it a 12 car shootout, and run the Kusabi on both sets of tires, SS tires so it's competitive with the others, and the RS tires to give a fair review of the tune as intended. The newer Swift starts with a little more HP, still haven't run them hard on the track yet to see if there's any handling differences after the tune.

Yeah, I've been debating that, and I might as well make it a 12 car shootout, and run the Kusabi on both sets of tires, SS tires so it's competitive with the others, and the RS tires to give a fair review of the tune as intended. The newer Swift starts with a little more HP, still haven't run them hard on the track yet to see if there's any handling differences after the tune.

That sounds like a good idea. When I ran both Swift's, I couldn't find any differences between them when driving so it'll be interesting to see if the numbers say otherwise.

The S15 Silvia Spec V has been revised again. :yuck::lol: There's still a tune coming tonight though. It's Italian and not a Ferrari. :P

Roj, it's amazing how many tunes you've put out during the last days. So whatever the next will be, thanks for so many great ones. I'll try the C4 VTS later. ;)

RKM Motorsport’s GranTurismo S

GranTurismoS.jpg

GranTurismoS_Big.jpg

Based on: Maserati GranTurismo S ‘08
Obtained: Brand new model at Maserati

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 647 BHP (@ 289.5 miles)
Torque:---- 65 kgfm
Weight:---- 1337 kg
PP:-------- 580

PARTS
GT Auto

Type A Front Aero
Type A Rear Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.583
2nd:-- 2.399
3rd:-- 1.743
4th:-- 1.347
5th:-- 1.111
6th:-- 0.967
Final: 3.250
Max Speed: 230 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/11
Accel:-- 0/22
Braking: 0/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.0/10.5
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 2/5
Camber:----- 2.5/2.5
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
There’s a new Italian Stallion in town, but it’s no Ferrari. This GranTurismo S impales the prancing horse with it’s sharpened trident, as it flies through the next set of corners in complete comfort and style.

Do remember that this is a 648bhp GT car and not a sports coupe. The rear end can and will kick out if you decide to treat the pedal like a piece of meat.

14th Oct 2011 - Spec II adjustments.
23rd Dec 2012 - Revised settings for 2.09.

Last edited:
Onboy123
Just wanna make sure my history is right, did Honda kill off the Type R badge or just the Civic Type R?

If I know what you mean, in Europe it was actually the guys behind the emissions, the NCAP, who forced the Type R off sale. They also took away other beauties like the RX-8 away from us, and the top spec Brera and Spider. Apparently they were also taking away the Focus ST but that's just being replaced by the new Focus here.

But anyway. Back on topic, and I think that tuning that GranTurismo is a good idea. Hope you can get through Kyle not being available...really do wonder when he'll be back. I need to review one of his tunes. :(

Cool. Teh Gran Turismo S. It's a coincidence that mine's also in taht bodykit. Gonna review it also with the Crimson R.

Right 3 reviews today, and I have 6 lined up. I'll tell you about them later, because first, I need to settle some unfinished business.

Alfa 147 RS vs Focus ST vs Alfa ------
Tested on TGTT

If you remember, Roj's claims for this 147 to beat a Focus RS rather fell short when it was crushed by a 300hp Focus ST. Well, that was due to the fact that the engine upgrades hasn't been done. So now that it's ready, it's time to wipe that smug smile off that Ford.

Focus ST:
297hp
1430kg
laptime: 1:20.045

Thoughts: very understeery, not that quick, looks like a van painted in an eye-searingly bright orange. Oh and also quite hard to drive. Honestly, the 147 maybe 2 seconds slower, but it's just so much better than this. Anyways I'm not reviewing this car, it's just here to see if the 147 can match its claims. Time to find out...

Alfa 147 RS
240hp (318hp w/ turbo)
1060kg
Laptime: 1:22.115

Thoughts: Well, it's not as fast, and by a lot. nearly 2 seconds, all because the car corners weirdly, like it doesn't want to work today. I guess it must be yet another Italian influence. Still, this isn't the end. As I said, there are 3 cars that will take part, and now the 147 RS can't beat the ST, it'll be left to its relative to take revenge. So, please welcome, the Alfa 147 GTA.

Alfa 147 GTA (tune transferred from 147 RS)
318hp
1132kg
laptime: 1:19.798

Thoughts: OH YEA, WHO'S THE DADDY NOW!!! Take that, you bright orange shopping trolley!! But really, it's nothing to celebrate about, because despite being faster, there isn't much difference. Well, ok 0.2 of a second per lap is going to make a difference in a long race, but on a 1 lap battle, it's not that big a deal. Still, the 147 won, so Essex boy and his Focus Sanitary Towel can screw off, and shut up.

Last edited:
I have decided to reveiw the R34,IX and the LFA Around Trail Mountain

First the R34 This car tested around the ring and trial moutain it has awesome stability and it has very good grip and it is a rocket although I had to change the brake settings. Overall it is eery thng that you said It can keep up with a Amuse S2000 Gt1. Lap time 1:36.618

Second the IX This Car is A Grip Monster this is very fast flat out through corners It has some body roll but is stable could of shorten the gears for acceleration this can keep up with an SLS and cars likewise in peformance Lap time 1:38.000

Now For the LFA I think I have found a new drift car. Just kidding I just have to maintain throttle control but I still have to master that As to my skills I have not completed the lap :(

GTP Name:Yellomello
PSN Name: Yellomello88
Your Car: 69 Camaro RM
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: For Racing with racing hards

First the R34 This car tested around the ring and trial moutain it has awesome stability and it has very good grip and it is a rocket although I had to change the brake settings. Overall it is eery thng that you said It can keep up with a Amuse S2000 Gt1. Lap time 1:36.618

Second the IX This Car is A Grip Monster this is very fast flat out through corners It has some body roll but is stable could of shorten the gears for acceleration this can keep up with an SLS and cars likewise in peformance Lap time 1:38.000

Now For the LFA I think I have found a new drift car. Just kidding I just have to maintain throttle control but I still have to master that As to my skills I have not completed the lap :(

That's one helluva review. Next time try not to be so longwinded...
>.>
<.<

Right, Review No.2: Golf R32

Golf R32: Ever since RJ said he wanted this and the Purple Devil Z reviewed, I've been searching and resetting the UCD to look for one. So when I finally stumbled across one yesterday, of course, I snatched it up and restored it to it's former glory. I'm glad I did, because this thing is just unbelievably fast. If you thought that Alfa and Ford were quick, this is in a different league of fast. It feels like, and this is (sort of) high praise, Roj's Kusabi. Just not as good in the bends. And not as quick. It understeers if you take slow corners too quickly, and it's almost irretrievable when it does. It also has a weird habit of being quite inconsistent, oversteering on one corner and understeering the next time round. But get on a straight, and you'll forgive it of its faults. God it's fast. It did a lap of 1.17.851. Pretty good, and that's all before the setup change.

Now changes applied, and instantly I can feel the differences. The grip is been increased substantially due to the 50/50 torque split. As a result, the car can make the absolute most of the 401hp and hurl you out of corners without a hint of tyre smoke.
The changes also seem to cause the back to twitch slightly underbraking, but it's something you'll used to after 2 or 3 laps. If there are some gripes I have with this car, is that the car's main issue of not being able to take slow corners quickly hasn't been solved. But really, cornering in this has become something to enjoy, not something you have to do before getting to the straight. It did a lap of 1:15.918, nearly 2 seconds quicker.

Laptimes: (tested on TGTT)
1:17.851 (before)
1:15.918 (after)

Golf R32 vs GTR R32

GTR R32
474hp
1245kg
Laptime:1:14.592

Thoughts: Wow. It's been so long since I last drove this car, and I can't think why. Because this is a good car, more than that, it's a fun car too. So why don't I drive it anymore? Well, because it's far too big for big for racing, I mean it takes up 1/3 of the TV screen for god sakes. That, and also because it feels, looks and goes like a touring car. Which is why I don't use it. Everytime I take it out, everyone runs. And they ought to. Run and hide, Golf, the GTR's out to get you.

Golf R32
401hp
1216kg
Laptime: 1:15.382

Thoughts: Well, it didn't beat the GTR. But then was it that surprising? The golf has 73hp less, and the Golf doesn't have much tech other than a 4WD system to keep it on the road. So that just shows the difference between stats on paper and on the track. Still, given the choice of both, I somehow always find myself selecting the German R32. So the Godzilla may have won the race, But the Golf has won my heart. I really do like it.

Hopefully the Golf will do better in the next review, R32 vs GTI RM.

Right 3 reviews today, and I have 6 lined up. I'll tell you about them later, because first, I need to settle some unfinished business.

Alfa 147 RS vs Focus ST vs Alfa ------
Tested on TGTT

If you remember, Roj's claims for this 147 to beat a Focus RS rather fell short when it was crushed by a 300hp Focus ST. Well, that was due to the fact that the engine upgrades hasn't been done. So now that it's ready, it's time to wipe that smug smile off that Ford.

Focus ST:
297hp
1430kg
laptime: 1:20.045

Thoughts: very understeery, not that quick, looks like a van painted in an eye-searingly bright orange. Oh and also quite hard to drive. Honestly, the 147 maybe 2 seconds slower, but it's just so much better than this. Anyways I'm not reviewing this car, it's just here to see if the 147 can match its claims. Time to find out...

Alfa 147 RS
240hp (318hp w/ turbo)
1060kg
Laptime: 1:22.115

Thoughts: Well, it's not as fast, and by a lot. nearly 2 seconds, all because the car corners weirdly, like it doesn't want to work today. I guess it must be yet another Italian influence. Still, this isn't the end. As I said, there are 3 cars that will take part, and now the 147 RS can't beat the ST, it'll be left to its relative to take revenge. So, please welcome, the Alfa 147 GTA.

Alfa 147 GTA (tune transferred from 147 RS)
318hp
1132kg
laptime: 1:19.798

Thoughts: OH YEA, WHO'S THE DADDY NOW!!! Take that, you bright orange shopping trolley!! But really, it's nothing to celebrate about, because despite being faster, there isn't much difference. Well, ok 0.2 of a second per lap is going to make a difference in a long race, but on a 1 lap battle, it's not that big a deal. Still, the 147 won, so Essex boy and his Focus Sanitary Towel can screw off, and shut up.
Thanks for the shootout and sort of proving my claim right. :lol: I like how a 147 RS vs Focus RS match turned into a 147 GTA vs Focus ST one. :lol: There's a standard Focus RS in the UCD so if you ever find one, you could redo the original test if you want. 👍 That said, how does the GTA behave with the RS settings? Similar to a boosted RS?

GTP Name:Yellomello
PSN Name: Yellomello88
Your Car: 69 Camaro RM
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: For Racing with racing hards
Thanks for the reviews. Although I dont think I can accept it for a request. I have to tighten up because of my work load doubling thanks to RJ's PS3 dying. If you'd like to expand on this review then I'd be happy to take it. 👍

Anyway, yes, the R34 can take the tuning big boys now on the twisty stuff. It's still a bit slow on straights but on Trial, it's great. Same with the Evo. Shorter gears would be good I agree, but then it would have a lower top speed, which is already quite low. The LFA needs lots of throttle control and a gentle touch. Unfortunately with it's lack of extra downforce, it's a rough ride on Trial.

Golf R32 vs GTR R32

GTR R32
474hp
1245kg
Laptime:1:14.592

Thoughts: Wow. It's been so long since I last drove this car, and I can't think why. Because this is a good car, more than that, it's a fun car too. So why don't I drive it anymore? Well, because it's far too big for big for racing, I mean it takes up 1/3 of the TV screen for god sakes. That, and also because it feels, looks and goes like a touring car. Which is why I don't use it. Everytime I take it out, everyone runs. And they ought to. Run and hide, Golf, the GTR's out to get you.

Golf R32
401hp
1216kg
Laptime: 1:15.382

Thoughts: Well, it didn't beat the GTR. But then was it that surprising? The golf has 73hp less, and the Golf doesn't have much tech other than a 4WD system to keep it on the road. So that just shows the difference between stats on paper and on the track. Still, given the choice of both, I somehow always find myself selecting the German R32. So the Godzilla may have won the race, But the Golf has won my heart. I really do like it.

Hopefully the Golf will do better in the next review, R32 vs GTI RM.
Was this my R32 or one you have built yourself?
Evo IX or Evo X??
Just Can't decide

Why not both? RJ and Roj will definitely be happy with a unique comparo.

If you're looking for a car to take home, the IX is the better choice, but if you just want to review something, we'd definately love an Evo shootout. :D

I don't know how the 147 RS will drive with a turbo, so I can't really be a judge on how the GTA feels like. The R32 was the one you did, and I don't think I can do my last review for today, mum came back, so my C4 review will need to wait till tomorrow... and take a guess what I'll compare it against :D

Speaking of reviews, prepare for a giant wall of text with a bit of a flashback.

*clears throat* Gentlemen, here's my Review for your new Crimson R:

The DC5 is my favorite in the series of Integras. Haven't tried the other Integras though, but in the looks department, this one outshadowed the others. And not only it looks good, it drives well too. Understeer was just a minor issue, if some was present.

When I saw that you made another tune for the DC5, it caught my eye because it's a tune that won't involve the super 🤬 ugly bodykits GT Auto has for this car. So off I go to your media launch in Eiger Nordwand, then fell in line right before anyone else did. This track is famous for extremely sharp turns, and this would definitely give this Integra a big challenge, being an FF, because understeer would mean death in here. But before anything else, let's walk down on teh memory lane, shall we?

If I remember correctly, I drove my yellow DC5 (this Integra is for personal use :sly:) with a bunch of young-at-heart office mates in Clubman Stage Route 5 just to test it's potential when unmodified. There were a few luxury cars, like the XK Coupe, SL 500, some were in JDM rides, and there was also one who was insane enough to bring an F-150 SVT to teh field. Enough of chit-chat, I mashed the pedal with a quick start. I passed each of my friends pretty cleanly. The Integra Type R really is a good car. Responsive yet won't spin out pretty easily, being an FF. Finished 2nd place because it's GG to an NSX that led the whole race.

Back to my testing session at Eiger, I first tested how this car behaves with the parts installed but not tweaked. Understeer became rampant, whether on the brakes or not. This car just plows forward on the first sequence of corners. Still, maybe that's just driver error, I haven't driven for so long after trading cars with fellow GTPers, and I'm accustomed to rear-wheel-drive cars on Eiger. After 7 laps, I got my fastest time of the session. 1:17.735. I also wondered if this can beat my Z4's joyride lap time, and it did - by 4 seconds. A large difference.

After a rest, a hamburger, and RKM mechanics doing the tweaking, I went to the track again. At first, because I just stomped the brake pedal right on the first corner, this car just plows more. And there are also times when I hit teh wall. Maybe because of the brake balance. After a few (invalidated, because I have a habit of pushing straight through the entrance of the long corner leading to the main straight :ouch:) laps around Eiger, I got used to the car. This car just needs more delicate control on the brakes.

The final tune did the lap in, drum roll please... 1:17.011. Nearly half a second, but maybe I can do better. I loved this tune. It made the car more grippy and responsive. Understeer during braking makes the car need better control of the brake pedal, but I find this pretty good. It's quite perfect for me.

Modifications seem to worsen the natural understeer for this car, but you guys did great for turning it to a bit of oversteer. Just a bit of force being left off from the pedals and this will pwn S2000's any day. 👍

Back