Road Atlanta is a nice addition. Too bad the events are "one and done"

Muscle memory is a hell of a thing.
It really is. I have driven IRL for nigh on 25 years, I have tracked a few cars, even gave a formula ford a whirl. My toy car is a 911 (997 so quite analog and even has a "press this button and there's no nannies" option) but i've spent about 50 hrs on my T150 wheel in this game and i am absolutely USELESS.

Last edited:
But then they can currently just do it by playing those repeated grind races if they enjoy it, game allows it. But then it sounds strange how many people simultaneously say that they don’t want to do it. It’s like they do it but don’t enjoy it. 🤔 That’s very bad way to play a game if it feels like obligation. 🤷‍♂️
I no longer want to do it, the grind, meaning you're right: this game is no longer "play" for me. The result is I not only play less but am thinking of shelving this game. The paltry credit offerings for time spent (and the demotivating tickets) consistently leaves me thinking why bother. At one time I was pressuring my brother to get this but now I tell him to not. He's a busy man and would never spend the time necessary to finish the menu books to be able to race online with me. And, even then, he'd need months to acquire decent cars to compete given the economy.

There are more satisfying gaming experiences out there that make me feel like I'm actually playing, far more games more accessible and enjoyable to busy people.

PD's economy by design is a dismal grind, payouts like Atlanta another kick in the teeth.

So, one result of PD's decision making is to put off players, shrinking the player base.

But, hey. They got my cash for the game but won't get my brothers. He'll get Hell Let Loose instead.

Last edited:
I'll counter that a bit. First I agree 100pc, the need to do a whack of menu books to pay online is asinine. However, once in Sport, you can rent cars so the economy is irrellevant for that aspect of the game.

If you're just here to race, it's still very doable, if you're collecting cars, it's a world of hurt. Now, I like my liveries so still need cash but no hurry in that respect.

Just did the GR1 Race on this. Horrible. Way too small and narrow track for those cars. I cheesed it with the free 2019X Formular, lol.

I use braking zones aid and they seem off a lot, not only with the gr1 race but all 3.

Also AI sucks really bad on the GR1, they block, push and drive right through you when twisted the car. What really frustrates is when you get thrown out of the pit right over the line just getting a penalty for crossing it. needed to put the stick to the right before i got the control back.

So that race is definately a one and done.

Nice track. I thought I had the esses sorted during the first two races, but one race with a GR010 confirmed that I haven't learned the esses at all really...

So basically some people play the game just to grind credits to buy all the cars in the game, just to have some kind of sense of completion of the game. 🤔

That’s a very backwards approach to this game. Idea of a racing game and GT here is to use and race with your cars. What about actually playing the game with those 430+ cars that you already have and not worry about those 20 extremely expensive that you don’t have yet? Getting used to different driving styles those cars require, find good tunes for them, race them on tracks that suit them, race them in Sport Mode and lobbies, find and create liveries for them etc.

If you feel that you don’t have time to grind the credits in Tokyo to get all the cars I’m totally sure you haven’t had time to do all those things much with those 430 cars. Stop caring about credits and just play the game. Eventually you get the credits for those few remaining cars, or maybe not, but that doesn’t make much difference. 😄
I’ve been playing the game precisely the way you recommed playing it since it came out, but there’s still something very wrong with the economy in GT7. PD designed the game in a way that promotes grinding specific events, and they have kept doing it even after Kaz sent out a letter in which he said they would like to avoid such a situation. That’s problematic even if you don’t grind for credits, because it has a negative impact on the game for everyone.

Back