Roadside stops on Sierra

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yellowbyrd
  • 26 comments
  • 2,184 views
I like'em as well.
But have you guys noticed that when doing the Sierra events, there's guard rails blockning off the parkinglots, while in online mode, the guard rails are gone?
 
I like em a lot.
they give me markers to complete a certain section of the track,
turn around and re-run the section

then just use them for a heap of donuts every now ant then.. :D
 
A parking lot is excellent progress? :confused:
PD wants to have virtual open world driving. Having a parking lot is a step towards that.

Aside from that,
Anyone find the hairpin essess to be very bumpy? I think they are in need of refining.
 
Yes they are,
but that's how hairpins can be in real-life.
the braking/ accelerating forces of vehicles "push" the tarmac into ripples.
 
They're awesome, i was even thinking that it would be cool (in the PS4 version of the track at least) to have a wee side road that only goes a short distance and is a dead end, but ends up at a cliff top or a beach/parking area beside the lake.
 
I like'em as well.But have you guys noticed that when doing the Sierra events, there's guard rails blockning off the parkinglots, while in online mode, the guard rails are gone?
I hadn't noticed that actually, but I guess that shows PD really did put them in for convenience, if they're closed off when you don't need them. Well spotted!

They're awesome, i was even thinking that it would be cool (in the PS4 version of the track at least) to have a wee side road that only goes a short distance and is a dead end, but ends up at a cliff top or a beach/parking area beside the lake.
I would really like this, I think even small features like the parking here or the "drag strip" on the Indy track can add a bit of atmosphere - a side road (or even several!) on Sierra would actually be really nice and make it feel more authentic (as well as a good meeting place away from the main track).
 
Any screenshots of what you mean?
Here's a pic, sorry about the quality, I'm on my phone:
CAM00576.jpg


EDIT: Sorry for the double post, my phone won't let me copy/paste into the original one
 
Last edited:
Thanks, I suppose I haven't seen it as I haven't driven the track in online yet.

Are these closed off in single player time trial mode as well?
 
Thanks, I suppose I haven't seen it as I haven't driven the track in online yet.

Are these closed off in single player time trial mode as well?
They're open in single player free run, I haven't looked in time trial yet (though they're apparently closed off in the special event).
 
Thanks, I suppose I haven't seen it as I haven't driven the track in online yet.

Are these closed off in single player time trial mode as well?

Only on Time Rally and the Practice session in the Time Rally menu. On single player races and online it'll be open.
 
I've just assumed that they match up with each of the SS's in the practice mode?
 
I've just assumed that they match up with each of the SS's in the practice mode?

Some do, but I don't think all of them does. The last one, for instance, is really close to the finish, which would make the last stage really short.
 
I've just assumed that they match up with each of the SS's in the practice mode?
Could be that actually, I haven't tried the practice mode yet so I'll have a look at that later.
Some do, but I don't think all of them does. The last one, for instance, is really close to the finish, which would make the last stage really short.
I approve of your sig :D
 
They are awesome. It's good for meeting players on the run since the track is very big. It's amazing for cruisers and you can even play some "café racing" going from one restaurant to another (each of those stops have a restaurant :) )
 
They are awesome. It's good for meeting players on the run since the track is very big. It's amazing for cruisers and you can even play some "café racing" going from one restaurant to another (each of those stops have a restaurant )
Me and my friend have just being calling them "coffee shops" :D
 
Back