13. GTP_Graffen
14. Hereward
15. GTP_SimcoeAce
16. pauljw1983
17. host_killer
18. PiotrB_23
19. RSRacer

II - Pairings

- Hereward vs. RSRacer - WINNER: ......................

- mad94d vs. GTP_Graffen - WINNER: GTP_Graffen

- host_killer vs. GTExD_pino-R - WINNER: host_killer

- GTP_ENERGIYA vs. pauljw1983 - WINNER: pauljw1983

- PiotrB_23 vs. GTP_SimcoeAce - WINNER: PiotrB_23

- Zedux vs. GTP_Lofasz - WINNER: Zedux

- jjaisli vs. Ardius_ - WINNER: Ardius_

- holy sword vs. GTP_Fairplay_plz - WINNER: GTP_Fairplay_plz

- GTP_Hun vs mhm66 - WINNER: mhm66

This means that "GTP_GoesTo11" got lucky and has been granted automatic access to Round 2. After this round is completed, all 9 losers from the 9 pairings will be informed about what time trial they must do. The two best times that within 48 hours (until tuesday - March 31st - by midnight) show up on the leaderboard will grant the ones that achieve it the right to proceede to Round 2.

This is made to "even", based on merit, the initial pairings and eliminations, because some can be very tough and some can be very easy. Of course, applying for Round Two based on a Time Trial laptime is OPTIONAL and only for the ones that want to have a "second chance".

According to this, Round Two will have 12 racers (9 Round One winners + GTP_GoesTo11 + 2 "lucky losers").

I already figured out (based on the final list of entries for Round 1) what will happen until the end of this Event, but I'll post about it in the main Event thread.

III - Timeframe for each pairing to do the races:
Starting next Monday March 23rd, from 00:00 GMT, until Sunday March 29, with the race result sent by PSN PM to me (PSN ID: GTP_Hun) until 23:59 GMT

IV - The Car

picture.php

FERRARI 348 CHALLENGE

V - The Track

mugello-race-track.jpg

VI - Race start Rules

Immediately after both racers get control of their cars they must stop and, as quick as possible go back to the start/finish line and place their car in their respective grid spot (car in first goes to pole, car in second goes to second slot on the grid). Best option to do this is probably to use reverse gear, but that's up to the player. Practise on how to do this right is highly recommended, because it is tricky to avoid a disqualification.

After both cars are stopped and in position, the race starts when the race clock reaches 00:30, unless BOTH RACERS agree on a different time or (if both use working headsets) they want to set a "verbal" countdown (from one of them) once both are ready.

RULE ADDED: If both racers agree, they can skip this "standing start" rule and just do the race from the rolling start they get from the game. In this case, the host will set the start order setting at "random".

VII - Weather condition

DRY

- Length of race

10 MINUTES

Good Luck! Most of all, have FUN!

Last edited:
I apologize Mario.....but I use a translator.....

I have not understood as the couples of pilots they are established :guilty:

thanks for the patience :) ciao

@Jason & Zedux: When I organize an event, pit babes have to be present. However, try to concentrate on the racing :D

@pino-r: the pairings will be set randomly. I'm trying to find a free downloadable utility to do it. If I can't find it, I'll do like the UEFA does. Litle papers in a boz with all the names, I'll take them out one by one and set the pairings like that. It's a bit primitive, but it will have to work that way. :D

To all, if anyone has suggestions on a downloadable software to do the pairings randomly, please post here. I really need to find a way that doesn't involve litle papers and a box ...

The only idea i have is this

GTP_Hun vs GTP_GoesTo11
GTP_ENERGIYA vs GTP_Mad94d
jjaisli vs GTP_Fairplay_plz
mhm66 vs Zedux
GTExD_Pino-R vs Holy_sword

-------

Can you see how i did it.

I don't want to race you ENERGIYA. Last time we raced you smashed me.

I'm being dragged into this one kicking and screaming, but I'll certainly be getting my practice in at my favourite track on the game, hopefully won't be making the same mistakes that let RSRacer win when I participated online last time. :mischievous:

I just hope I can work out a reliable time to meet up with whoever, it will most certainly have to be late at night.

:D

Do I read that you applied?

Ok, I'll be a nice guy and I'll edit the racers list in "Event thread" (this is the Round One" thread) ...

Hmm, my first tests with this track and car combo have been pretty good actually, been running 2'05s which seem to be just a few seconds off the fastest times, much better than my F430 runs from a couple of months ago, nice 👍
Just have to sort out the usual little mistakes from lap to lap and hope the network stays stable.

Mario, mhm66 & i did a few more tests with standing starts with 360 GT & 348 Challenge & it will work if only 1 person has a mic & mhm66 heard me on his TV.

One test at hockenheim was interesting, mhm66 was starting first & it took him around 20+ seconds to stop & reverse back to the start line, as for me starting in 2nd, it took me 6 seconds to line up & no reversing required so that could cause a problem.

Mario: I think you should abandon the idea of the standing start. It's pretty much irrelevant in a 2-car/10 minute race & will just create unnecessary problems IMO.

TBH, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the first to say it considering how much work and thought Mario put into this. It's true that starting second does put the 2nd car at a disadvantage. But over 10 minutes, unless the players are very evenly matched, the quicker driver will probably prevail.

I'd go further than that jj: starting second is barely a disadvantage at all in a two-man race. It gives you the opportunity to watch your opponents line & look for the moment to pass on a corner or draft on a straight. Starting behind another driver is only a major disadvantage when you are stuck behind other slower driver/s that hold you up & allow the leader to pull so far away you can't catch him.

Mario, you could set the race time to 20min. At the start, everone runs 4 or 5 laps for warm-up then slow down on 5th lap so other racer is near, then stop at line to start the official race.

Well guys I respectfully dissagree with you both :D

As a matter of fact, this night I had proof about the advantage of startng first. I had my "rematch" with Jason (our private GT5P/FC matches) and I won the first FC race again because I started first. Driving carefully to avoid mistakes, I was able to keep Jason behind me for two laps, and then he made a mistake that left him maybe 7 seconds behind. He than gained on me at the impressive rate of almost one second per lap, but it wasn't enough.

However, and because this is a "friendly" event (and I'm not the FIA :D ), I added a rule allowing rolling starts if both players agree on that. Meanwhile, I did a few tests with Jason at Mugello and we both got to the grid a litle before 30 seconds. So, I established 40 seconds as a reasonable start-time for the race, if players choose to start it that way.

Pairings are posted, I ask all participants to contact their opponents. Remember, I need your race results in a PSN PM until next sunday.

Hope you guys have fun! 👍

EDIT: Jason, I thought about a "warm up lap" then stopping at the grid, but that is a bit tricky about setting a precise start-time. Again, if both players have headsets it isn't a problem, but I must set a rule that works when everything else fails. 20 minutes races will happen in this event, but in later rounds, not this one.

Last edited:
Mario, with the pairing, does the race have to start on the set date or can it be done anytime. I guess i will have to edit my PSN friends list to put in the new FC racers i dont have.

Jason, you have one week to do it. Contact the racer you were paired with (he applied from eutechnyx forum, I think I got his PSN ID right but you can check it there also) and try to pick a date (and hour) that suits you both. Good luck, now I'm off, have toooo sleeeeeeeppppp ... :crazy:

I dont get the eutechnyx forum site, When i try to register & put in that 6 letter code it says it was wrong. is there a trick to it.

As a matter of fact, this night I had proof about the advantage of startng first. I had my "rematch" with Jason (our private GT5P/FC matches) and I won the first FC race again because I started first. Driving carefully to avoid mistakes, I was able to keep Jason behind me for two laps, and then he made a mistake that left him maybe 7 seconds behind. He than gained on me at the impressive rate of almost one second per lap, but it wasn't enough.

Your "proof" isn't worth a used copy of GRiD.:sly:

If Jason lost that race it was because he made a mistake that left him 7 seconds to make up, NOT because he started in second place. :mischievous:

Your "proof" isn't worth a used copy of GRiD.:sly:

:lol:

Anyway, if you don't like it, the "standing start" procedure can be skipped if both racers agree on it. It's up to you to talk that out with Piotr.

btw, Piotr maybe almost unknown here, but he is an old friend from TRD3 online, where he was a formidable racer. I never raced him in FC and I think he doesn't have many hours of playing it, but my experience from TRD (watching the dot of his car fading in the distance) tells me you're both in for a tough race.

A random search brought me this, it might be more clear than whatever else I could say :sly:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums//showthread.php?t=119299

(btw, there's a "racer69" there, could it be Sarrinen? If it is, than Piotr ... :ill: )

The 348 Challenge is fun to drive - in general similar to the 355, but with very different gear shift points because of the 5-speed gear box. Both ENERGIYA & mhm66 are putting in some pretty quick times with this car, as the leaderboards show.

I ran a 2.03.20 lap a couple of nights ago against Jason, but he put up a 2.02.98 time in the same race. Since I pushed him into getting rid of the RL, he has actually got faster. :ouch:

Unfortunately, I tend to be a bit inconsistent because of my wheel issue.

You guys may not believe this, but I still didn't try this car/track combo ... talk about suicidal tendencies ... :dopey:

I seem to be capable of consistent 2'05s, so I'm fairly happy with my pace, I'm not going to get any faster without serious time playing the game.
I'll be happy enough just finishing with minimal mistakes possible and just keeping up.
I think if I knuckled down with some hard testing, I could manage a 2'03 but I'd have to be really on the edge. Might manage that in race conditions, sometimes I do, we shall see.

...I seem to be capable of consistent 2'05s...I think if I knuckled down with some hard testing, I could manage a 2'03...

Hmmmm....Mario, I'm guessing we may both be sitting out after round one. :lol:

I know my best time is in the 2:04s but I wouldn't use the word consistent to describe it.

Hmmmm....Mario, I'm guessing we may both be sitting out after round one. :lol:

I know my best time is in the 2:04s but I wouldn't use the word consistent to describe it.

Heehee, we will have to see whether I won't let the pressure get to me come race time though, it got me last time with RSRacer on the last frigging corner!

I kind of wish it was wet weather, it seemed to give me an advantage last time :P

Back