ROC - FC Edition: Round 4 Specifics (FINISHED)

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 34 comments
Portugal
Lisboa
FLAT_TWELVE

picture.php

picture.php

EDITION

ROUND
picture.php

SPECIFICS

I - List of Participants:

1. mhm66
2. PiotrB_23
3. Host_Killer
4. Zedux

II - Pairings

- mhm66 vs. PiotrB_23

WINNER: .....................

- Host_Killer vs. Zedux

WINNER: .....................

So, we have reached the semi-finals. No matter the result, all the players that get their name in the above list have already become FC Legends, because they've shown speed and consistency in dry and wet tracks, in race and road cars.

After this round is completed, we will have 2 winners. They will of course race the FINAL (Round 5). However, both Round 4 losers will also race it between themselves, to sort 3rd and 4th places.

III - Timeframe for each pairing to do the races:
Starting next Wednesday April 15th, from 00:00 GMT, until Sunday April 19th, with the race result sent by PSN PM to me (PSN ID: GTP_Hun) until 23:59 GMT

This Round will have two less days than usual to be completed, because Round 3 lasted a litle longer. Anyway, with just four and very commited players/racers, I don't think that will be a problem. Anyway, I decided to give away with great advance some information on this coming round (the car, basically) to allow everyone some testing.

IV - The Car

picture.php

FERRARI 250 LM

Round 3's car was a beast, this one is a beauty! However, some hate it, I wonder why ... LOL

V - The Track

693px-Virginia_International_Raceway_-_North_Course.svg.png

VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

VI - Race start Rules

Immediately after both racers get control of their cars they must stop and, as quick as possible go back to the start/finish line and place their car just behind that line (there are no grid spots painted on the track). Best option to do this is probably to use reverse gear, but that's up to the player. Practise on how to do this right is highly recommended, because it is tricky to avoid a disqualification.

After both cars are stopped and in position, the race starts when the race clock reaches 00:40, unless BOTH RACERS agree on a different time or (if both use working headsets) they want to set a "verbal" countdown (from one of them) once both are ready.

If both racers agree, they can skip this "standing start" rule and just do the race from the rolling start they get from the game. In this case, the host will set the start order setting at "random".

VII - Weather condition

sun.jpg

DRY

- Length of race

30 MINUTES

Good Luck!

Last edited:
All details now posted. I'd like you guys to notice the following:

1 - This round has a shorter duration, it ends next sunday at 23:59 GMT
2 - There are no grid spots painted on the track so don't look for them, just place the car behind the start/finish line
3 - The race duration was extended to 30 minutes. I know it's a dry race, but with the 250 LM it will look very slippery anyway so in this round again, consistency is as important as speed

30 minutes with this car and track combo, huh? :ill: A comfortable decision for you now that you're out of the event. ;) But It's certainly challenging and indeed a great choice. I'm sure by next week, track records will be broken. 👍 Good luck all.

This event needs to get tougher with each round. I'm not sure this one is tougher than the 575GTC/Silv/wet/20, but I didn't want to set two wet races consecutively ( ;) ), so I picked what is probably the most challenging car, in the most "complicated track" for driving it (off-camber corners, bumps all over the track, hard corner sequences) and added 10 minutes to make sure that the excellent racers that made it this far can keep their concentration for a long period of time.

Anyway, things can only get worse for Round 5 :D

I'm glad I'm not racing mhm66 in this round as we've been racing quite often online and if we win our semis we'll meet only in final. anyway this isn't gonna be easy! I'll wait Host_Killer get in touch as he's the host!

Mário I hope my Arianny holds the 5th round board lol!!!

ROUND 4 PREVIEW
THE "FABULOUS FOUR"​

1 - mhm66 -

FC ROC career review: mhm66 has the best career so far in this event, earned his place here by racing and winning in all the previous rounds. Here's the summary:

Round One - 348 Ch. /Mugello / Dry / 10 minutes - defeated GTP_Hun (wonder who this guy is :D )

Round Two - F40 / Mont Tremblant / Dry / 10 minutes - defeated Ardius_

Round Three - 575 GTC / Silverstone / Wet / 20 minutes - defeated pauljw1983

Organizer's opinion: mhm66 is a complete racer, being one of the fastest out there and also one of the most consistent. In fact, his impressive consistency, puting very fast laps from race start to race finish, make him a winning candidate in every race he enters.

2 - PiotrB_23-

FC ROC career review: Although Piotr missed racing in Round Two, he was paired with very fast opponents in rounds One and Three and came out victorious in both ocasions. Here's the summary:

Round One - 348 Ch. /Mugello / Dry / 10 minutes - defeated GTP_SimcoeAce

Round Two - F40 / Mont Tremblant / Dry / 10 minutes - won by default

Round Three - 575 GTC / Silverstone / Wet / 20 minutes - defeated GTP_Energiya

Organizer's opinion: PiotrB entered FC ROC as a unknown player, but quickly became known here as someone that is incredibly fast. His laptimes show it. About keeping his speed throughout an entire race, I guess the fact that he was paired and won against players like Biggles and Energiya speaks for itself. He isn't just a good hotlapper, he is a consistent racer also. Another winning candidate.

3 - Host_Killer-

FC ROC career review: Like Piotr, HK missed racing in Round Two, but raced and claimed victory in rounds One and Three. In Round Two he had a top laptime with the F40 and that allowed him to keep in this event. Here's the summary:

Round One - 348 Ch. /Mugello / Dry / 10 minutes - defeated GTExD_pino-r

Round Two - F40 / Mont Tremblant / Dry / 10 minutes - lost by default, got a "lucky loser" spot in R3

Round Three - 575 GTC / Silverstone / Wet / 20 minutes - defeated GTP_Fairplay_plz

Organizer's opinion: Host_Killer is one of the players that entered this event applying in the eutechnyx forum, and was almost unknown in gtplanet. After 3 rounds, still not much is known about how he races (he is very scarce with words :D ) but, in every round, we all could see his impressive laptimes posted on the leaderboards. So ... he's fast, that's for sure! And that's why he's here, as another winning candidate!

4 - Zedux-

FC ROC career review: Zedux, without being his fault, had the most dissapointing career so far, only making one race (Round Two). In Rounds One and Three his opponents couldn't show up to race until the deadline, so he won by default. Here's the summary:

Round One - 348 Ch. /Mugello / Dry / 10 minutes - defeated GTP_Lofasz (by default)

Round Two - F40 / Mont Tremblant / Dry / 10 minutes - defeated GTP_GoesTo11

Round Three - 575 GTC / Silverstone / Wet / 20 minutes - defeated GTP_Hun (by default)

Organizer's opinion: Even with a poor career so far, Zedux is well known as being one of the fastest FC players in the world, so his inclusion in this group of four players doesn't seem neither strange or even unworthy. Like all the others, and often better then all of them, we all noticed his amazing laptimes posted on the leaderboards. Very fast, very consistent, Zedux is also a winning candidate in every race he enters.

PS - Sorry guys, but don't feel flattered! I had to raise the tension a bit, by saying nice things about you all. Now you all think "I can't lose in this round"! :D

Mario, nice work with the Round 4 review post, I was also wondering who GTP_Hun was. he's a pretty good racer.

BTW, i know mhm66 is a consistent driver, but so am i. In early days of my FC career, i was doing 2:26s at spa with all assists & now i am regularly doing 2:24s without aids.

I just had bad luck with my round 1, 2 & 3 races. especially when the appoint is way faster than me & i was making to many mistakes.

One other thing, how is GTP_Hun lol

And good luck to the final 4 drivers - wish i was there.

Jason, you don't need to question others (or even yourself) about your quality as FC player. The fact is, race results in FC are very unpredictable. Take last night as a good example. You, me and jjaisli did two races. In the first I was helpless and finished about 30 seconds behind you guys :crazy: . In the second ... I won. :dopey:

So, we all have "off nights" and we even have "off races" (like my first race yesterday, embarassing really). These four guys, however, managed to keep the car on the track and keep a veryfast pace ... when it mattered. That's why they will race Round 4 between themselves, and I bet those races will be great! (pity we don't have spectator mode :indiff: )

Well put Mario. I like to think that when I'm 'on it' I can be within a second a lap of even the fastest guys (Aliens don't count). The same with you for that matter. And when it comes to out right pace, Energiya is arguably faster than both of us. But to do it on demand, so to speak, from the green to checkered flag and every lap in between, without mistakes is another story. And these guys really deserve to be here just for that reason, because they're both fast and consistent.

It's also why I personally didn't much care for the lucky loser rule. I was very disappointed to be out in the first round. And a little embarrassed as well :embarrassed:. But the fact of the matter was, on that day, on that track, with that car, Ardius simply out drove me. And as such, I didn't feel I deserved to continue.

Ironically, had you started with this car (one of my favorites), I might have had a better chance to make it through to round two. And it's not because I'm such a tremendous driver in the LM but simply because others despise it so much that they never spend any time with it and learn how to adapt to it's unique idiosyncrasies. I suggest in support (or out of sympathy--whichever you prefer) we have our own 30 minute VIR race in the 250LM this week. Just for fun.

Last edited:
I really love this track its very technical and not many places for "clean" overtaking! I just had my first combo try and the 250 LM oversteers a lot best approach is to take it easy with the throttle but try not to loose momentum on corners. The car is very forgiving once you loose the back end so try to break break break if you loose it! Virginia track it's not about crude speed but carrying momentum on corners and with the 250 LM you can't over push it so if you start to spin wheels know that you are actually loosing lots of time you need to drive it as smooth as possible but making use of your accelerator too! I believe 1:43 dead is very much achievable with this combo!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words jjaisli, your right thoes 4 deserve to be in round 4. I am fast but i allways make silly mistakes, nearly every race. I just crack under pressure or i'm pushing to hard.

I really love this track its very technical and not many places for "clean" overtaking!

In amateur races :D this one is the track where overtaking (and being overtaken) happens in the most clean possible way. Usually, it happens when someone went off track and while he (or me :dopey: ) is spinning endlessly in the grass :lol:

But since you guys are all "pros" ... I can't really help you on where to overtake if both cars are on the black stuff and pointed in the same (right) direction! ;)

VR is one of the most challenging & fun tracks. Pushing very hard it is easy to gain valuable 10ths of a second at every corner, but one mistake will leave you in the grass & out of contention. Aside from that, if you can stay close to the car in front through the turns, both straights offer good passing opportunities.

In combination with the 250LM, this track is a real challenge - it will be interesting to see who comes out on top in these match-ups...

hi guys
i'm one that has to addapt to this car.it's a b****.there's no one to
practice with.when ever i make a lobby i just sit there starring at my own
name.so i'm left with quick races 1 on 1 as usual.happy to say that i now
beat it on expert and legend over 11 laps.staying on track all laps.i did a 1:46:27 at best but ofcause zedux had to smash that.looking forvard to race.

hi guys
i'm one that has to addapt to this car.it's a b****.there's no one to
practice with.when ever i make a lobby i just sit there starring at my own
name.so i'm left with quick races 1 on 1 as usual.happy to say that i now
beat it on expert and legend over 11 laps.staying on track all laps.i did a 1:46:27 at best but ofcause zedux had to smash that.looking forvard to race.

well mhm66 I need to get some extra practice had only 2 races so far so expect me to join in when I'm online!

mhm66, how much time is it a full 11 laps race? Considering an average of 1.50 per lap(to simplify the maths) I'd say a litle over 20 minutes. So, a 30 minutes race should amount to around 16 laps.

16 is a good number of laps for a 250 LM race at VIR ... lots of things can happen :D

Don't think these boys are going to be running 1.50s!

Ran a few laps with the 250LM last night & still couldn't beat my 1.47.10 best time, BUT there IS lots of time there - you just have to hit everything right for a complete lap, something that I didn't manage to do. :ouch:

I wasn't saying they will do 1.50, I made up that number to make my litle brain more at ease with the maths :dopey:

But if we calculate this based on 1.45 as average lap it's even easier. 2 laps is 3 minutes and a half, 4 laps = 7 minutes, 8 laps = 14 minutes, 16 laps = 28 minutes.

So, the real number can mount to about 18 laps. nice! :D

Problem is lots of things can happen, but when your 3 seconds a lap faster than your opponent... You can make for a lot of mistakes... I spent an hour last night running and it took me forever to calm myself down enough to effectively drive that car on the track... So many undulations and off camber turns... makes my head spin.

Going to practice more tonight... hope to get more consistent.

Cheers,
Host_Killer

Problem is lots of things can happen, but when your 3 seconds a lap faster than your opponent... You can make for a lot of mistakes... I spent an hour last night running and it took me forever to calm myself down enough to effectively drive that car on the track... So many undulations and off camber turns... makes my head spin.

Going to practice more tonight... hope to get more consistent.

Cheers,
Host_Killer

host_killer I would suggest you to practice with someone else maybe 10 min races.Yesterday I was racing Energ and 666 and I learned so many things that racing alone wouldn't had taught me. things like strategy close racing keeping cool, overtaking maneuvers, etc. if you want we can both practice together I wouldn't mind helping someone to kick me :scared:

I'm so excited!!! Tonight it's Anderson Silva vrs Thales Leites http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/silva-leites-official-for-ufc-97-17064 this is an awesome sport and suggest you guys start watching MMA which is definitely Brasil's N.1 sport born in Brasil and perfected too by Brasileiros!!!!

And next month it's Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida fight Lyoto-Machida

silvaknockedout2.jpg

Last edited:
hi
i had my race with piotrb_23.clearly i wasn't fast enough.lost with 30 sec.
nothing more to say.we had 2 hour of fun racing the 348 challenge after our
roc race.that was a better car for me.at least i could keep up with him and i think i won half the races.
to piotrb_23.good luck in the finale.👍👍

congrats for both of you guys!!! I wonder which car will feature for the Ferrari Challenge 5th round :) unfortunately I don't even know when I'm gonna face the Killer but hopefully we can set this before 23:59 gmt!!!

Yeah, that was great racing in 348 Challenge cars hm66 👍. You are really competitive. Also nice close racing in Hockenheim and Virginia ! I was struggling a bit with a breaking points (we race without RL) maingly because I never driven 348 Challenge car in these tracks (except Mugello).

Congrats to you Piotr. You are obviously a very skilled driver, as you have by far the least experience with FC of the participants in this race series.

I'm curious how the race went: did you both manage to keep the car on the track throughout the whole race, or did one or both of you spin off at some point?

I'm not sure about hm66 but I went off one time. In this double left corner (4th and 5th corner) I brake a bit too late and slightly touched grass so I lost rear. I lost about 8 to 10 seconds but I have big lead at that point so I was pushing a bit harder. I could do a "perfect race" but I was focused on doing quick laps :). Also I find that it is very easy to keep Ferrari 250LM car on the track. I was making more mistakes in 348 Challenge car.

hi guys
i managed to stay on track the entire time even thou i was doing 1:46 times.
that was wery close to my fastest time but piotr was running 1:43-1:44
so there was nothing to do.

Back