Rolling start needs to be closer!

• Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 38 comments
The rolling starts are just boring IMO!
Instead of a 1sec gap, we need something like 0.2 to 0.5 secs.

Grid starts also work somehow. Theyre chaotic, but fun and exciting! The complete opposite to rolling starts right now...

What do you guys and girls think about that?
I know it will be more chaos and penalties, but thats the whole thrill about a start, right!?
Its the most exciting moment in any race and should also in GTS.

I know, PD most likely wont change it. Still, a man can dream!? :)

Couldn't agree more.

Grid starts are generally more fun into those first few corners but rolling starts should be closer, especially for the slower cars.

Well in a few races I did today rolling starts were closer (for some cars) but only because the start glitch seems to be back.:banghead:

Some cars were going nowhere and it ended up with cars four wide trying not to crash into each other or just trying to actually get going, the front half of the grid seemed normal though and there was a big gap. :crazy:

Well in a few races I did today rolling starts were closer (for some cars) but only because the start glitch seems to be back.:banghead:

Some cars were going nowhere and it ended up with cars four wide trying not to crash into each other or just trying to actually get going, the front half of the grid seemed normal though and there was a big gap. :crazy:

Sounds like GT Sport to me :lol:

In some series, they do rolling starts because gearing is too low. Like Tiuring Car Masters.

We have had grid starts in Gr.4, last year at Suzuka. Pretty interesting, as my Atenza wasn't that quick off the line, versus the Viper and some V8s.

I do applaud PD for making Race A grid start at Tsukuba. It's how the Best Motoring do most their starts on road cars.

i dont mind the rolling start, unless its starting me half way through a chicane... thats where its is taking this piss

I don't know why PD still haven't managed to get rolling starts right. IIRC, the ToCA Race Driver games did rolling starts perfectly.

You can tell rollings starts were just an afterthought, or maybe not even a thought at all. How is it so that some cars have to start before the last corner at Suzuka, or Le Mans or any track that it happens. No motorsport series in the world starts with a rolling start identical to what PD use

I like rolling starts but the grid does need to be a lot closer. Most real rolling starts are what, two-by-two? They should also move the initial starting line farther up on certain tracks so no one has to start on a chicane.

Back