Roulette car invitation system needs to be changed

• Thread starter jlguay5
  • 39 comments
Spain
Spain
Hi guys,

I want to talk about this because I think a lot of people is my situation with all cars owned except for some ones behind invitations so we can't complete the collection...

I have been grinding for 4 months almost everyday for the roulette and I did not get the invitation, It dont even appear most of the time on my runs as a elegible prize so... there's a chance with this system some people won't never get them.

They are going to change this system? We paid for all the content and there's content hide behind a wall... Thoughts on this?

Thanks.

There has been no suggestion that the system will change.

Don't forget that you can save tickets and content updates can change the rewards - but only to other rewards of the same type.

That means you can save a ticket which gives you an Invitation you don't want and it may change to one which you need after an update.

Isn't that title clickbait? since there's no indication of it being true.

Also to Op you'll learn how to deal with it and in time you get the invite.

We all been there and some are still waiting for over 1 year for a invite.

Last edited:
Clickbait, I though you had information about it might be changed in near future... 🙁
Please line up in the cue of people waiting for the right invitation (s) (me included) 😜.

Last edited:

Don't forget that you can save tickets and content updates can change the rewards - but only to other rewards of the same type.

That means you can save a ticket which gives you an Invitation you don't want and it may change to one which you need after an update.
I did that for 2 updates in a row and every ticket was the same... used like 20 tickets on each

Isn't that title clickbait? since there's no indication of it being true.

Also to Op you'll learn how to deal with it and in time you get the invite.

We all been there and some are still waiting for over 1 year for a invite.
Sorry for the title, I changed it now.

But mate I don't want to do a 5 minutes race with the tomahawk EVERY day just to get the invitation, I'm losing my time.

I don't know but if PD doesn't want to change that I don't care about cheating and getting ban to get the cars. If the dev treats us like **** what matters anyway.

Or "English as a second language", since the poster is Spanish. I'm assuming it to be a genuine question about the possibility.
Sorry changed it already.

I did that for 2 updates in a row and every ticket was the same... used like 20 tickets on each
That's unusual - I get a rate of about 1 in 3 non-credit prizes changing, and no change on credit prizes (or at least none that I recall).

Yup a invite changing to another invite after a update is super rare I know I'm 0/10 that's 0 out of 10 Invite tickets that haven't changed after a update for me.

But don't give up just have patience and you'll get the invite in time.

Last edited:
Yup a invite changing to another invite after a update is super rare I know I'm 0/10 that's 0 out of 10 Invite tickets that haven't changed after a update for me.

But don't give up just have patience and you'll get the invite in time.
Thanks I hope you get them too, but these mechanics on a collection car game... Meh, you can't even buy them what's the point?? I can't hate loot boxes more to be honest.

My friend never gets Ferrari invites and I just got another while the previous was still active. Very glad I grinded my ass off during the period all invites were active for everybody.

From PD's side I think it's stupid and a missed chance to bake it into their collector-level-centric gameplay. IRL you get those invites for being a good boy collector that meets certain conditions. Idk, but I guess being a lottery winner is not one of those conditions. I'd even say that it's those buyers certain brands would definitely exclude from getting invites.

Last edited:
Thanks I hope you get them too, but these mechanics on a collection car game... Meh, you can't even buy them what's the point?? I can't hate loot boxes more to be honest.
I have all the invite cars when I get a invite I hold on to it for science reasons to see just how long I'll continue to go without having 1 change.

Which is why I say you'll get the invites just be patience.:)

I know it's not likely to change, but I wonder if it would be feasible to remove the Collector level cap and gift invite roulette tickets for any levels gained above 50.

I can't remember if the vanilla Cafe menus had an invitation ticket as a reward.

Thanks I hope you get them too, but these mechanics on a collection car game... Meh, you can't even buy them what's the point??
Well, PD has started improving that. We can now buy engine swaps as well as the rare, ultimate tuning parts. The only things that you can only obtain from the tickets are the invitations.

I got all of them in less than 5 months and the tickets are pretty much worthless to me now, although I wouldn’t mind another Pagani Huayra now that I think about it.

I'm retired....so I've been playing around an hour every day since day 1!
It was the last invite I needed!
Everyone received all of the invitations for a month, from April 13 2022.

And I wish they could do it again, few had the credits it takes to buy all the invitations cars, or like me, started the collection of cars long after that.
I will regret not farming credits and buy them all when I had the chance for the rest of my li.. until GT8 is out. 😂

Last edited:

Hmmm.....I must have passed on it!

as a datapoint jlguay5 the OP.
I get as close to zero invitations as you can get, meaning I play every single day for 1 roulette ticket.
Although typically a 4 star ticket , occasionally a 3 or 6.
I need one invitation to complete a collection in the cafe. I have completed every race at every track.
My collection is about 189 or so cars.
Pretty much there is nothing new to do or complete, so I run the same race every day, collect some credits.
Collect the roulette ticket, and get disappointed.
I personally think the roulette system is broken, and is programmed poorly when it is working.
As a programmer I see some conditions in the roulette system that are not working, or work poorly.
Have not seen a single invitation for any car appear in roulette collection for about a year.
Before that, I saw plenty, and got plenty.
This is my second time playing GT7, on my new PS I started from scratch and played it through a second time.
On my other system, I did collect every invitation, and it seemed more consistent in offers and invitation rewards. But that was years ago when game first game out.
Now I get zero invitations, zero show up on the roulette spin when collecting.
My suggestion is that something is broken.

Welcome to world of live service, you are being kept "engaged" despite not having fun. This is how the designers chose to make the game. They want you grinding, they want you shilling for them. If more people just stopped engaging with the roulette system they'd turn it off. The wheel won't turn unless people give it motion

Welcome to world of live service, you are being kept "engaged" despite not having fun. This is how the designers chose to make the game. They want you grinding, they want you shilling for them. If more people just stopped engaging with the roulette system they'd turn it off. The wheel won't turn unless people give it motion
I’m curious how you know they’d turn off the roulette system if “more people” stopped claiming tickets? Is this just wishful thinking or a personal theory of yours?

I’m curious how you know they’d turn off the roulette system if “more people” stopped claiming tickets? Is this just wishful thinking or a personal theory of yours?

If you look at other live service games that switched off due to lack of player engagement, it follows form. Purely a theory but to me why would you maintain server space for roulette if no one used it?

I started with that notion I don't open 3* ticket stuff no more as I see them as a insult already had a few expire and it feels good whenever I see a 3* expire and disappear from gift box.👍

I have been able to buy ALL cars without an invitation.Invitations are a lame prize.

MustangMan67, please explain how you were able to buy all the cars.
I have cars in the Brand Central right now labeled invitation-only.
Attempting to purchase does not work at all.
How are you able to get around a car blocked by an invitation.

Separate comment: in 2022 there were some posts that the Invitation System was broken
and needed repair, does anyone know how to determine and who to contact regarding this
invitation system? From what I am seeing, it seems broken.

Last edited:
MustangMan67, please explain how you were able to buy all the cars.
I have cars in the Brand Central right now labeled invitation-only.
Attempting to purchase does not work at all.
How are you able to get around a car blocked by an invitation.

Separate comment: in 2022 there were some posts that the Invitation System was broken
and needed repair, does anyone know how to determine and who to contact regarding this
invitation system? From what I am seeing, it seems broken.
Last year around April or may PD made all the invite only cars free to buy for like a month so if you had the credits you didn't need a invite to buy them all.

There's nothing broken about the Invitation System other then how crappy it is.

Back