Round 02: Bathurst 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 207 comments
Good racing out there! I had no issue with anyone except Polyphony. 3 Disconnects cost my team the class win. 🤬 Shame.

We'll try to get it next time! :cheers:

Thank you @AJ and @Jordan for this series, and thanks to everyone who helps runs this series. Great commentary again, good job on fixing the stream it was very smooth. Traffic for the most part was very clean. Unfortunately i didnt get to have any battles in my 3 hours, just 1 with @Glenalz81. Finally thanks to all my team mates for holding some awsome pace during their stints.

Had a good laugh at this

image.jpg

@AJ reporting that Swift Autosport could be stripped of their GT300 win for completing the final driver change 12 minutes TOO LATE before the deadline. He still needs to sort things out though.

Fantastic race guys, congratulations. Appreciate all the effort that goes into making this happen, few road bumps tonight but everything sorted by the end. Well done, and great racing 👍 Loved it

Great race everyone! I was in the #67 white BRZ and every GT3 car that passed me was courteous and patient. Likewise, every GT Cup car I passed did things properly as well. As to GT300 cars...never saw any, haha! It's always a pleasure taking part in such an event with great people.

Already looking forward to the next one.:cheers:

I had a so much fun in the race last night plenty of battles some very hairy moments - but the thing I take away is the level of respect everyone has and shows to each other on the track - Again fantastic job by all - Who says GT6 is in decline - for me its become something more than a game - a proper competition.

^Agreed^

For all That may not know, when I joined for my stint I had all cars on track for the first 30mins, as other teams took to the pits and made driver changes they disappeared, i went from seeing 12 to 9 to 7 all the way down till there was only 2 of us left, myself and Vipond
.Upon letting my team know @AJ prompted us to change driver, cutting my stint short by around 50 mins, Thankfully @rono_thomas was there to pick up the extra time and do a lengthy stint, an awesome job he did too.

Really proud of the team :D

Top job to all teams for the excellent racecraft and sportsmanship. :cheers:

And @AJ, all the organisers, streamers and comms guys well done, another great event! :bowdown::gtpflag:

Congrats everyone on finishing very well :cheers: amazing race!! 👍

On behalf of the WRS North America team congratulations to everyone for completing such a challenging event. Our goal going in was to stay out of trouble, stay out of the penalty box, and display the best driving standards and sportsmanship possible. I feel we achieved our goals for this race and had a lot of fun doing it. To the class winners, you guys rock! It's remarkable how fast all of you are. It kind of makes me think GTAcadamy challenges should be race oriented and not TT. :lol: It's the long run that counts and by finishing the race last night we all proved that we were some of the best GT6 racers out there.

I would like to thank everyone for being good sports and making it a fun race for th WRS team. Thanks to the race director @AJ, stewards @Peelster1 and @littleregret265, broadcasters @PASM @nascarfan1400 (@Jordan and @Famine too), and my team manager @Gravitron for the opportunity.

Congratulations once again and I will be seeing you at Silverstone and Suzuka! :cheers:

Last edited:
That was a brilliant race, whilst us Heathens are disappointed at the result, I certainly had a lot of fun.

My first stint was dreadful, I undid all the hard work @MINT_GTR had put in by immediately damaging the car at Reid Park, such a stupid way to start. Afterwards, I was caught up with WTFMAN's odd smoke display with @PASM and for a good lap and a half I was practically blind. Once I was let through, I hit the same wall again and into the pits once more.

The 2nd stint was awesome, I had a great battle with @rono_thomas, who I narrowly avoided when he spun at McPhillamy. He caught me, and a ding dong battle ensued into the Chase, he had the move done, but I cut back around, and it was good that I didn't do a Paul Radisich and slam into the wall! Sadly I went wide anyway and Rono was through, awesome driving mate, was great to re live it on the stream*. I also had a great battle with @GTP_Patrick1, it was great to slowly close the gap, lap by lap, then finally nail the pass in a side by side move at the Chase. The racing in this series is so good and it's a credit to all the organisers that everyone can enjoy it.

*not to mention the banter in the YT comments, cheers for reading out my Murray Walker style commentary!

Mint needed a rest as we planned for him to do a marathon final stint, but he was exhausted, so I jumped in for a quick fire 20 laps. It was rather lonely, until the TNR NISMO came up behind me. For some reason, I was really laggy apparently in this stint to which I apologise. I wasn't laggy in the past 2 stints so I can't understand why.

Nor could I understand why I was so slow, considering mid 04's were easy in GHH practice, just getting into the 04's felt insanely difficult and very perplexing, especially when the TNR and Audi's were pumping out low 03's and high 02's, just insanity!

Congrats to TNR on a well deserved victory!

Us Heathens will be back with a vengance, that is a guarantee.

Cheers, Jono.

Results Publication

Provisional Race Results have now been published.

Note on the #68

The following Article was added to the Sporting Regulations on 1/3/2015;

8.2.d To be Classified, a Team must complete their final Driver Change before the final 60 minutes of a Race. (i.e the final Driver must have completed Article 4.2.i)

Article 4.2.i defines the completion of a Driver Change;

4.2.i DRIVER 2 takes digital photograph of entire screen (or screen capture).

As explained at the time, this rule is not particularly realistic, but helps us a great deal in updating the standings for the final hour and helps improve the quality of the end of the race broadcast.

With regard to the #68, here are the facts;

17:16 - TRL_Agro starts the Driver Change process, leaves the Track, and then the Lobby.
17:18 - X-WTF_MAN-X enters Lobby.
17:24 - X-WTF_MAN-X leaves the Lobby.
17:32 - X-WTF_MAN-X completes the Driver Change process.

Based on this data, the #68 does not satisfy the requirements for Classification.

However, after review, interview, consultation, and by my own recollection; I am satisfied that the Team intended to adhere to the Sporting Regulations, but were frustrated in this by connection issues. Therefore this will be deemed an instance of force majeure, and the #68 has been Classified.

AJ
Results Publication

Note on the #68

8.2.d To be Classified, a Team must complete their final Driver Change before the final 60 minutes of a Race. (i.e the final Driver must have completed Article 4.2.i)

As explained at the time, this rule is not particularly realistic, but helps us a great deal in updating the standings for the final hour and helps improve the quality of the end of the race broadcast.

17:16 - TRL_Agro starts the Driver Change process, leaves the Track, and then the Lobby.

Based on this data, the #68 does not satisfy the requirements for Classification.

However, after review, interview, consultation, and by my own recollection; I am satisfied that the Team intended to adhere to the Sporting Regulations, but were frustrated in this by connection issues. Therefore this will be deemed an instance of force majeure, and the #68 has been Classified.
Looks like a good call on the force majeure. Glad connection issues didn't mare the well deserved win.

well i'm personally glad GTOR were that close after each driver making a costly mistake :lol: certainly a round to forget. Hopefully we can show our real potential at the next race.

Congrats to swift autosport, lightning speed, TNR and our friends at ROR
:cheers:

Big thanks to the GTOR team for their hard work 👍

AJ
Results Publication

Note on the #68

Well, force majeure. We know that typically they would've been stripped of their class win...but the fact that there have been some connection issues, that would make sense. I just hope the competitors have a reliable connection at the time of the race, and I think we heard in the commentary of the race a bit about the Internet connection disparity as well...

Being a Data Nerd I was looking at some different ways of looking at the data. Here is a comparison of Fastest Qualifying Laps and Fastest Race Laps vs. Average Lap Times. Completely Unofficial of course and I did take out any penalties and lap compensation to get an accurate baseline for each driver. Enjoy!

Attachments

• GTPES - B12 - Avg Lap to Fast Lap Percentage Classification by Driver.pdf
    470.6 KB · Views: 160
Back