Round 08: VLN 2

• Thread starter AJ
  • 89 comments
I was not involved in this race, but going through team chat and this thread, im kinda glad I was in yesterdays even though it was laggy! I hope theres no problems in the big races next week.

:cheers:
Yeah, It was turning out to be a great battle and then I got a drive through. :(
You would have had me. I was already plotting how to let you by without incident and then trying to grab your draft for as long as i could :D. You were faster based on quali and your race pace was pretty good that first lap as you were gaining fast. It's a shame, but it happens.
Were you not able to get a 2nd qualifier? How come you had to start so far back?

Race Results

The following classifications have now been published;

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team
- Race Control Notices

:D

Well done to all teams! What an effort by team GHH to go back to back after the disappointment of DNQ at Bathurst, well done guys!!

received_438382123010330.jpeg

Have you posted this in the meme thread? :D ... HEATHENS! What about SSR? We think were going to win Spa next week. :D
I looked for the meme thread on my phone and could not find it,on PC now so I will put it in there in a few minutes :lol:

Good luck next weekend!! The GHH lads will be watching the coverage :)

Well done @Heathenpride you have a very competitive team in every class you run in, especially with @Beau Albert, @MINT_GTR and @JonoStan96 from Raceonoz on your side!
Thanks @Hayden norris :)

We certainly do have a good strong team but now that we've been around a bit and have some wins under our belt we can't pretend to be partying drunks and fly under the radar any more unfortunately :lol:

We love this series! Love the competition, the organisation and even watching the events when we have a weekend off :)

Really proud of the guys over the weekend, and wow how tough is that gt3 class? We can beat anyone on the Nurb on our day, and that's not being cocky at all, but this field of teams will take everything we have to beat and even then we will probably need some luck thrown in as well!

I'm salivating at the thought of that N24.... Can't wait!

Thanks @Hayden norris :)

We certainly do have a good strong team but now that we've been around a bit and have some wins under our belt we can't pretend to be partying drunks and fly under the radar any more unfortunately :lol:

We love this series! Love the competition, the organisation and even watching the events when we have a weekend off :)

Really proud of the guys over the weekend, and wow how tough is that gt3 class? We can beat anyone on the Nurb on our day, and that's not being cocky at all, but this field of teams will take everything we have to beat and even then we will probably need some luck thrown in as well!

I'm salivating at the thought of that N24.... Can't wait!
You don't have to lie, I am a partying drunk, only sober for GT6! :lol::cheers:

Congrats to @Heathenpride on the overall victory! We're stoked to share the Overall Podium with you guys! We share your sentiments also coming back from some adversity during Bathurst where we felt we could have been on the top step.

Big shout out to @TMR, @Jasogreeno and @Blk13of13 for taking the reigns whilst I'm in the Dominican on vacation. I was frantically looking up the twitter feed and asking the guys for info on the race from our Hangout. Could not be prouder of you guys for your work regardless of the result, but 2nd overall and a win in class is amazing.

Can't wait to finally get back on track myself at Monza next month. Until then hope everyone has a Happy Le Mans 24 Hour celebration!

Cheers @NingDynasty :)

All the accolades for this one go to Mic and Beau for a great drive each. I was even too tired from GT3 to call the shots from Skype lol, it's great having such experienced lads such as them to say "guys I'm knackered, I trust you to make the call" because I was in no condition :lol:

We have a bit of a break now, be good to have a bit of time and enjoy some races from the sidelines 👍

I looked for the meme thread on my phone and could not find it,on PC now so I will put it in there in a few minutes :lol:

Good luck next weekend!! The GHH lads will be watching the coverage :)
Youre not in that one? Lol

Race Results

The following classifications have been updated;

- Provisional Classification
- Stint Analysis by Team
- Race Control Notices

Notes

- The #85 has been issued with a Post Race Penalty for starting their final driver change after 17:05.
- This drops the team down to 7th overall, but has had no impact on their class standing.

YGBSM....gotta read the fine print next time...also did not think rule 8.xx whatever applied to short races..Oh well. Its only a game...its not like I'm a F 1 manager who is going to have his pay docked. :nervous:

Anyone care to guess the average age of the drivers who sorta finished third in the GT4 race....talk about Gentlemen Drivers.

@Adventuruss ...a tip of the cap for herding the beat up and ancient ones in the faster...and proper direction....and for being..well...sorta quick.👍

@TEX36 you are older than I am ....and....faster....its not fair.:banghead:

@WIDEeyedDRIVR ...please do Not convert from a controller to a wheel just before the next race, and do not drive with a dislocated hip either...your timing is apalling. :boggled:

Cheers and check 6 to all...see most of you here for the 24.:gtpflag:

YGBSM....gotta read the fine print next time...also did not think rule 8.xx whatever applied to short races..Oh well. Its only a game...its not like I'm a F 1 manager who is going to have his pay docked. :nervous:

Anyone care to guess the average age of the drivers who sorta finished third in the GT4 race....talk about Gentlemen Drivers.

@Adventuruss ...a tip of the cap for herding the beat up and ancient ones in the faster...and proper direction....and for being..well...sorta quick.👍

@TEX36 you are older than I am ....and....faster....its not fair.:banghead:

@WIDEeyedDRIVR ...please do Not convert from a controller to a wheel just before the next race, and do not drive with a dislocated hip either...your timing is apalling. :boggled:

Cheers and check 6 to all...see most of you here for the 24.:gtpflag:
I am always in awe of your team @Nail-27, so much respect :bowdown:

@Adventuruss, that pace :eek: glad there's only one of you!!

I know the GHH GTC lads can't wait to battle it out again with you fellas, always a pleasure :cheers:

Well I can tell you it's probably not over 30 seeing as I'm 21 and the other guys are pretty young too. The level of racing you get from anyone in this series, from my experience so far, is top notch so thank you to all our competitors, this is great fun.

I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest in all of the GTPES. :D

Pretty sure @Nail-27 was referencing his team prior to the penalty, average age probably 68ish? We've got a couple drivers in their mid 50's, one being my father, @Blk13of13, who will be hoping to make his debut at Monza with me. Any other father son combos? We could have two if @meechool's work schedule would ever cooperate, his dad being 2x class winner @TMR.

Provisional Results Update

The following as been updated;

- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Stint Analysis by Team

Notes

- 48 minutes has been added onto the Total Driving Time for each Driver who was in the car during the Red Flag.
- Whilst the #83 did have a driver exceed his maximum driving time, as this occurred during the Rad Flag, and the team made a diving change at the 1st opportunity, in accordance with the regulations there will be no penalty for this.

I know. Poor Beau only got to do 6 laps in the race. But he enjoyed the restart I'm certain, going from 4th to 1st!
Don't rob me! 5th to 1st :D I think i got lucky with everyone being caught out with how aggressive i was on the restart, expecting the N24 to be alot harder! Many teams had incredible pace in the VLN, and with still a while until the N24, it makes them a very scary prospect for the big one if they improve any more!
Sadly in the VLN i followed every 16yo who is trying to drive and took just 10minutes to throw the car into the barrier..... will need to improve on that if we are to have any chance of winning, field is crazy close!
Loving this series at the moment :D Can't wait to get back in the car 👍

Don't rob me! 5th to 1st :D I think i got lucky with everyone being caught out with how aggressive i was on the restart, expecting the N24 to be alot harder! Many teams had incredible pace in the VLN, and with still a while until the N24, it makes them a very scary prospect for the big one if they improve any more!
Sadly in the VLN i followed every 16yo who is trying to drive and took just 10minutes to throw the car into the barrier..... will need to improve on that if we are to have any chance of winning, field is crazy close!
Loving this series at the moment :D Can't wait to get back in the car 👍
Lol in VLN1 in TCN1 I just relaxed and eased up about 2 or 3 seconds from my absolute pace. Everyone else crashed. And I nearly lapped everyone. :D

the average age of DART's GT4 entry is....71.5. @TEX36 ole fhart that he is...75....Moi...68...and Robbie, the team Rabbit, is 17....and he may be the youngest. If that were the case we would have had the youngset ever and the...er...ah..Most mature.

And public praise for the new DART Platinum Driver....broken arm and all.... @Adventuruss. Damn he is smooth. And not just a little tough.

Latest Posts

Back