Round 10: 6 Hours of Nürburgring

• Thread starter AJ
  • 60 comments
The in game time is currently 30 minutes ahead of local time.

Although I wasn't behind the wheel this weekend. I think I speak for my whole team when I say I hope this bad luck is building up to a flawless race at Le Mans. Losing a race like these is tough enough but losing it when the chequered flag is in your sights is heart-wrenching. I can't imagine how it must feel for @rcb929 and @RacingLine who drove their hearts out to get these results this weekend. We've had the pace to win and we've done things right, we just need to pray for good luck and hope the results come in.

Although I wasn't behind the wheel this weekend. I think I speak for my whole team when I say I hope this bad luck is building up to a flawless race at Le Mans. Losing a race like these is tough enough but losing it when the chequered flag is in your sights is heart-wrenching. I can't imagine how it must feel for @rcb929 and @RacingLine who drove their hearts out to get these results this weekend. We've had the pace to win and we've done things right, we just need to pray for good luck and hope the results come in.
You guys are fast, that's for sure. But, however, when you only see 4 drivers on track you need to take it upon yourself to reset before you ruin a lot of GTE's races, get a penalty, and THEN have to reset/swap drivers. I hope you guys do well at Le Mans. Best of luck.

You guys are fast, that's for sure. But, however, when you only see 4 drivers on track you need to take it upon yourself to reset before you ruin a lot of GTE's races, get a penalty, and THEN have to reset/swap drivers. I hope you guys do well at Le Mans. Best of luck.

Took me out as well when I went past Evo. The router/modem needs setup correctly to prevent this from happening again. There seems to be only a few drivers common to the connection issues. If those drivers can get their connection setup correctly (its not about speed/performance of net connection) then we can avoid these red flag periods and invisible cars

Took me out as well when I went past Evo. The router/modem needs setup correctly to prevent this from happening again. There seems to be only a few drivers common to the connection issues. If those drivers can get their connection setup correctly (its not about speed/performance of net connection) then we can avoid these red flag periods and invisible cars
In a PM preferably, may you please inform me on how my router should be configured? I haven't had an issue with not seeing drivers but I want to be sure before I ruin some poor P2 or GTEs race.

Thanks.

In a PM preferably, may you please inform me on how my router should be configured? I haven't had an issue with not seeing drivers but I want to be sure before I ruin some poor P2 or GTEs race.

Thanks.
Can you put my team in there as well? Would like to know for future events. Thanks

I'd also like to see how to do this correctly. I ran for about 9 months at all times of the day and week and never had a problem, never cleared cache or anything, but it started cropping up recently and I don't want it anymore.

I had the same problem as @RacingLine but fortunately I don't think I ran into trouble with anyone. I ran a few laps to make sure @Pubs16 was ready and then I parked it and let him take over. Luckily, I was over the minimum stint time. 👍

Race Results
The following classifications have now been published;

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team
- Race Control Notices

Wow, swift autosport hold 2nd with 8 laps of post race penalty!?
EDIT: I need glasses, 16 has 8 laps of penalty, not 18, NEVERMIND!

Last edited:
This is my reaction when I saw the results in LMP2.
thats-not-supposed-to-happen.gif
:P

I know this is late but congratulations to the class winners! Watching the full race on YouTube over a couple of days it was an epic race to say the least! Despite all the red flags it was really close between both prototype classes. I don't know how after all their drama but a well deserved win for Inferno Racing finally in LMP2, you guys had such a hold on the race for our class, really well done :).

I thought ORA was in for a great shot at 2nd, especially after running out of fuel on the last lap unfortunately for Swift... With all the red flag drama my max stint limits completely passed my mind. A massively silly error by my part for not noticing. I'm really sorry for @Mikey24 especially as we drove a very consistent race I feel, but just missed that minor detail come the end of it. Lots of if's, but's and maybe's in Motorsport, so it is what it is, I'll take this one on the chin and we will be coming back for Le Mans, hard!

A huge thank you to @AJ and all the GTPES team for handling both races so well considering all the network dramas and races back to back. The coverage was amazing and I'm just so happy to have been a part of it all and it was still so much fun.

I looked at classification by driver, swift wtfman got 48 laps total, seeth got 41, zplay 35. Abc richybugs (me) got 67 roguetejano got 49. Swift got 124 laps counted, we had 116. I raced for 2:16 rouge for 1:34... which means 2 hours of red flag isnt counted. Inferno rcb929 raced 2:49 and only managed the same # of laps i did in my 2:16 stint. Trl evolution raced for 3:07. Inferno got a total of 5:56. We got total of 3:40. Swift ran for 5:59. Ora ran for 5:54. Ssr ran 5:50.

I woukd like to know how the maths worked out here..

Last edited:
I looked at classification by driver, swift wtfman got 48 laps total, seeth got 41, zplay 35. Abc richybugs (me) got 67 roguetejano got 49. Swift got 124 laps counted, we had 116. I raced for 2:16 rouge for 1:34... which means 2 hours of red flag isnt counted. Inferno rcb929 raced 2:49 and only managed the same # of laps i did in my 2:16 stint. Trl evolution raced for 3:07. Inferno got a total of 5:56. We got total of 3:40. Swift ran for 5:59. Ora ran for 5:54. Ssr ran 5:50.

I woukd like to know how the maths worked out here..
I'm positive Red Flags do count in driving time, because I'm sure that's how we (#16) were penalised. I stayed out longer than intended due to the red flag.

I'm positive Red Flags do count in driving time, because I'm sure that's how we (#16) were penalised. I stayed out longer than intended due to the red flag.
Thats the issue, we didnt have the red flag time added to our laps..so i dont think we should have had those laps off because we were doing driver change etc. So we didnt take those laps, we changed before the red flag was shown, so that entire time the other driver was in the lobby waiting

I want a review of this, something is obviously off. We have 2 hours of worth of laps that were deducted from our total that should not have been.

Neither me of rouge came near the stint limits at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want a review of this, something is obviously off. We have 2 hours of worth of laps that were deducted from our total that should not have been.
If you had 2 hours worth gone, how many did we have? Because we STILL finished behind you.

If you had 2 hours worth gone, how many did we have? Because we STILL finished behind you.
We were on lead lap, neither rouge or I got lapped by any lmp2 cars.

If you would look at my initial comment you will see that everyone but us has ~5:50-6:00 time raced, ABC has 3:40 which means that we were deducted laps that we did not take.

Either way I just hope AJ looks at this and sees that there is something wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double check your stint pictures, make sure nothing is missing there. The only way I can see the driving time not being shown for the red flags is if stint pictures appear to show the start of a driver change, but not the end of one, meaning that the 2nd driver wasn't on track until the red flag period ended, so no driver is shown on circuit for that time period.
Your analysis shows 67 + 49 = 116, so you've not been given a penalty, but you may have missed a photo somewhere robbing you of laps. If you can count laps in stint pictures and get to more than 67/49 you'll have found the missing laps.

EDIT: Stint Analysis shows Rouge out of the car at 16:29, with the red flag called at 16:53. However, the next stint is apparently yourself at the end of that red flag, at 17:30.
So either Rouge has missed a stint picture at the red flag, negating 16:29-16:53, 24 minutes (19 racing and 1 lap under SC), or you have missed your stint picture entering the track, and were thus not classified as on track until after the restart.

EDIT EDIT: Live stream shows Rouge out of the car at 16:29, and yourself joining shortly afterwards. So if you have the stint pictures for joining the room, and at the 2nd red flag, those are your missing laps.

Last edited:
Back