- Race Control Notices

- Provisional Classification
- Provisional Classification by Driver
- Provisional Classification by Driver Fastest Lap
- Stint Analysis by Team

SPIRIT OF THE RACE AWARDS

Three Groups of Drivers are throughly deserving of this award;

1 - @Hayden norris & @StigsTC
These guys agreed to jump in and help out the #89 with just minutes to go before the start, after the Team Manager informed me they would not be able to complete only a few hours before. The team achieved a podium finish and owe it to these guys.

2 - @Friday_GTRP
Reason can be summed up in a single quote;
@AJ because my steering wheel keeps calibrating i went to Bart's place [Note from @AJ - a 200km drive!] . So we're now on the same account.

3 - @JonoStan96 & @beau231
At the 11 hour mark the #44 & 45 are trading the lead at pit stops. @Pedroeol exits the car with 12.5 hours remaining handing over to this duo for the remainder of the race, with @JonoStan96 having made another long drive to pick up @beau231 and take him to his house for the race so they can complete 'locally'. Disaster strikes, 4 consecutive disconnections see them complete just 7 laps in 2 hours, with a 5th hitting them a little later for good measure. The team rallies though and gets the car home, in 6th place, but also perhaps more importantly ahead of their team mates in the #88 by around 5 minutes.

"Behaving in an inappropriate manner whilst driving."

Not that it became a large issue, but after looking through the penalty guidelines again the only description I found that this could possibly fall under is "Unsporting behaviour, including causing avoidable contact with another car." Now, I understand that you may not have liked me posting messages on a massive straightaway with no traffic but I would argue against it being 'unsporting'. I wasn't endangering anyone but myself and the messages that were posted were not in a hateful or abusive manner whatsoever. I cannot recall exact instances but I know that there have been people who were driving and posting at the same time, be it in the pit lane, on long straights, or even this race on the Dottinger to their team chats.

It was just a warning, and it's not THAT big of a deal to me, but being determined to have behaved inappropriately just by trying to have some fun with those who have stuck around watching the race on the live feed is a bit degrading in my opinion. I wasn't hurting myself or others by posting some lighthearted comments. I hate getting in trouble with anyone so this is a personal issue with myself more than anything.

Cheers.

Yeah, no need for that at all. I text my wife while driving, do we get a warning aswell? :lol:

Congrats TNR on a dominant victory, we managed to get one lap back, just couldn't get that final lap back! But considering the issues we had, only being 1 lap down after 24Hrs is a great result for us. We'll get you next year though. ;)

Also congrats on the GT3 title, we need a small miracle to catch you now.

I had a good race, my best ever at the ring. Although it wasn't for position I had a good scrap with one of the drivers in the Z4, (sorry I can't remember your name) which lasted about an hour. Seemed neither 1 of us wanted to stay ahead of the other.

Good job everyone who entered and finished! The remaining races will be a piece of cake in comparrison!

Last edited:
I wasn't going to deal with this in public, however it now warrants me doing so.

1 - Distracting yourself by posting in a public forum while racing and on track displays a lack of professionalism, concentration, and respect for your fellow competitors. This is greatly exasperated by the fact you are using a gamepad, not a wheel, in which case you would have had to remove your left hand from the DS3 and would have had no control over your steering for this period of time, not to mention your eyes would not have been on the road.

2 - You received only a warning as we could not determine if you had actually posted that message on track, you may have been in the pits. Had we been able to determine you were actually on track, you would probably have received a penalty. Had you crashed, you would have been black flagged, had you been involved in an incident with another car, the team would have been excluded from taking any further part in the race.

You do make valid points regarding typing and driving. I do not necessarily agree with such backlash for being 'caught' doing it however. Like it or not, typing messages and working with a computer while in the car is an extremely common occurrence in the series. I've had to handle my laptop many times throughout these events to get in touch with my teammates, and I only did so when I felt it was safe regarding traffic and current location (ie. Hangar and Mulsanne straightaways). In my opinion if you're going to had out sanctions for posting and driving you should at least have clearification in the Sporting Regulations when it is and isn't acceptable to do so, as many people do it in form of team communications. Even then it'd be difficult to enforce but any accidents that may occur due to it would most likely warrant a penalty for an avoidable collision.

As always I will respect your decision and will move forward and improve myself, I apologize for my actions. It is never my intention to act in a disrespectful and unsporting manner, and I take a lot of pride in being a well-recognized and sporting competitor. Had I known how unacceptable it was to work with another device while driving I certainly wouldn't have done it to begin with. To anyone who felt disrespected and endangered due to my actions I offer my sincere apologies and I hope that I may be forgiven.

I don't know exactly when I'll be on the track for my next event, but when I do I hope to perform to the highest standard possible.

Cheers.

HP
Someone has had a name change :eek:
Is this by any chance a result of GHH's new sponsor?
image.jpg

HP

EDIT: @AJ can I please have clarification on our penalty for 'exceed maximum drive time'? I thought we were well inside the limits?

Rcb first stint is more than 4 hours long

I sure would like to see more lightning fast drivers getting involved in this series in the future, this series deserves the fastest.

I don't agree with that statement. This series should have the best drivers, not necessarily the fastest. Sometimes the best drivers aren't the fastest. I would rather see battles and strategy played out on track over time trials.

Rcb first stint is more than 4 hours long

I don't agree with that statement. This series should have the best drivers, not necessarily the fastest. Sometimes the best drivers aren't the fastest. I would rather see battles and strategy played out on track over time trials.
agree 100% with your 2nd statement, could not agree more.

RE RCB stint: If it was a stint issue then the penalty would state that it was relating to stint, that penalty was for exceeding maximum drive time which would mean he would need to have driven over 13 hours.

AJ, for future clarification, can you walk us through the rules and how TNR penalty there at the end came to be 9:00 minutes? Then converted to 2 laps. Thanks.

HP

EDIT: @AJ can I please have clarification on our penalty for 'exceed maximum drive time'? I thought we were well inside the limits?
You should've changed it to "Gran Turismo" :lol:

Reactions: HP
AJ, for future clarification, can you walk us through the rules and how TNR penalty there at the end came to be 9:00 minutes? Then converted to 2 laps. Thanks.
RIP Disco Grover :(

EDIT: That's in relation to profile pic, to remain on-topic I am also curious!

3.7.n Post Race Lap Penalty will be calculated as follows; 1 Lap will be deducted from the respective Team’s total for any Outstanding Penalty Time up to the Fastest Lap Time in Class set during the Event. Laps will continue to be be deducted at the same rate until the Outstanding Penalty Time equals zero.

So the fastest lap of the race of the race was an 8min 12 seconds. You have a 9 minute penalty. - 8min 12sec 1 lap. You have 48seconds left over. -1 lap. You are now at 0 seconds remaining in penalty. Your penalty = -2 laps.

Yes that is harsh due to the length of the lap. It works ok for 'regular' tracks with lap times of 2 minutes, but a track like nurburgring is very punishing, maybe something to be looked at specifically for longer laps, like La Sarthe and Nurburgring

HP
RE RCB stint: If it was a stint issue then the penalty would state that it was relating to stint, that penalty was for exceeding maximum drive time which would mean he would need to have driven over 13 hours.

Exceeding Maximum Driving Time - 4 hours in any 6 hour period.

Exceeding Total Maximum Driving Time - 50% of race + 1 hour.

It is correctly listed, even if the title of the penalty isn't that obvious

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ
Well lads its over! What a race...

Congrats to TNR, Well done lads! We @ BRR couldn't quite match your one lap pace but I think we did ok in the end. Its safe to say Id all but given up on a descent result after the first lap crash with Avalerion, Its was painful to sit there and just watch others capitalize on our misfortune, but we dug deep & fought back and got a podium to boot! Oh & good to see the GHH GT3 boys not get beaten by the GT Cup team!!

Special thanks to the boys for keeping me "reasonably" calm for the first 30mins! @Lion-Face & @Greasy07 you guys did an awesome job, clean & consistent laps got our time back, 3rd was more than I thought possible but ill take it!!

#ONTOSPA We have a title to defend!

3.7.n Post Race Lap Penalty will be calculated as follows; 1 Lap will be deducted from the respective Team’s total for any Outstanding Penalty Time up to the Fastest Lap Time in Class set during the Event. Laps will continue to be be deducted at the same rate until the Outstanding Penalty Time equals zero.

So the fastest lap of the race of the race was an 8min 12 seconds. You have a 9 minute penalty. - 8min 12sec 1 lap. You have 48seconds left over. -1 lap. You are now at 0 seconds remaining in penalty. Your penalty = -2 laps.

Yes that is harsh due to the length of the lap. It works ok for 'regular' tracks with lap times of 2 minutes, but a track like nurburgring is very punishing, maybe something to be looked at specifically for longer laps, like La Sarthe and Nurburgring

i will have to go over the pics as I thought we were good.

All good though!Probably would have been interesting if we had no disc's though and it decided the race... That would have been frustrating!!

:bowdown::cheers::gtpflag::crazy::eek:

Also i just realised that from 4 N24 races GHH has the following results:

2012: 2nd - Wurks
2013: 1st - Wurks
2015: 1st - CORE
2015: 1st - GTPES (GT Cup)

Thats 3 out of 4, a hat trick of wins and a "what might have been" for the GT3 lads!

1 marathon race, 1 Green Hell, 3 different promoters and weve won them all. It is definitely our back yard, huge targets on GHH now!

Proud of all my lads, every single Heathen over the years has contributed to that record so well done fellas!

Last edited:
I think that's a mistake. I took to the track at 19:01 Game time and left at 22:58 Game time.

This was your 'Beginning of Stint' Photo...

20150822_130108.jpg

...therefore your 'start' time was given as the same as the previous driver's 'end' time (18:50), and in the absence of a 'Beginning of Stint' Photo it is presumed that you conducted a DC in the quickest possible time.

Ok, that explains the 2 laps conversion, but what about where the 9 minutes came from for exceeding stint length? I tried to figure it out, i really did :dunce:

I know their driver appears to have driven the final 5 1/2 hours, but how did that convert to 9 minutes was my main question.

HP
RIP Disco Grover :(

EDIT: That's in relation to profile pic, to remain on-topic I am also curious!

He'll be back. Am just thinking of Justin Wilson and his family for a few days.

Last edited:

You're right. Fair and honest battles is what I would like to see on track too. I'm sure you will agree though, while this series is getting better organized and run as time goes by, we the drivers have to keep raising our standards as well. We have to push for faster lap times as well as improving our consistency and fairness skills. Please, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that if there is room here for the best, surely there is room for the fastest as well. Everybody should get the chance to improve. Especially the time trialists.
If a time trialist becomes consistent, fair and race strategy minded, right there, you have a product.

What a rush, what a race! That's the Nürburgring 24 Hours for you. I can't say the Ring itself was a problem, Avalerion was prepared for that. But right from the start we could overthrow our whole strategy with the lag issues that befell @skyline1683. Doubly sad that Bitter Rivals were involved in this as well.

That took the pressure off, though @Kjeld Lund did not have much time to prepare for his stint to take over from skyline. He did an outstanding job given that he has far less experience in the R8 than the rest of the team.

Meanwhile at the other side of the Netherlands (ok, the country is not that big but still), @Friday_GTRP was hit with wheel issues on race day. The wheel kept recalibrating while driving. He tried to source a replacement G27 everywhere he could, but nobody had one in stock. So he made the decision to travel 200 km to my house to do the race! By the time he arrived, I was already in the car for my stint, so he had zero time to adapt to my rig. Obviously that was not easy but he kept motivated and pulled through.

That we had a driver less meant that I was in the car for 11 hours, but I loved every minute of it. All the GT Cup cars were awesome as well. I had an interesting tactical battle with Bitter Rivals in my first stint. In my last stint I overtook @Gravitron, only to spin a full 1080 degrees half a lap later right in front of him :lol:

Despite everything I enjoyed this race a lot and I would like to congratulate everyone that was a part of it. I congratulate TNR Nismo and Green Hell Heathers for their wins and commiserations to Weil Racing Limited, better luck next time guys 👍

Thanks to the event organizer and all of the staff for making this possible. GT6 is not meant to do this, though with some dedication, we can say: yes we can!

What a rush, what a race! That's the Nürburgring 24 Hours for you. I can't say the Ring itself was a problem, Avalerion was prepared for that. But right from the start we could overthrow our whole strategy with the lag issues that befell @skyline1683. Doubly sad that Bitter Rivals were involved in this as well.

That took the pressure off, though @Kjeld Lund did not have much time to prepare for his stint to take over from skyline. He did an outstanding job given that he has far less experience in the R8 than the rest of the team.

Meanwhile at the other side of the Netherlands (ok, the country is not that big but still), @Friday_GTRP was hit with wheel issues on race day. The wheel kept recalibrating while driving. He tried to source a replacement G27 everywhere he could, but nobody had one in stock. So he made the decision to travel 200 km to my house to do the race! By the time he arrived, I was already in the car for my stint, so he had zero time to adapt to my rig. Obviously that was not easy but he kept motivated and pulled through.

That we had a driver less meant that I was in the car for 11 hours, but I loved every minute of it. All the GT Cup cars were awesome as well. I had an interesting tactical battle with Bitter Rivals in my first stint. In my last stint I overtook @Gravitron, only to spin a full 1080 degrees half a lap later right in front of him :lol:

Despite everything I enjoyed this race a lot and I would like to congratulate everyone that was a part of it. I congratulate TNR Nismo and Green Hell Heathers for their wins and commiserations to Weil Racing Limited, better luck next time guys 👍

Thanks to the event organizer and all of the staff for making this possible. GT6 is not meant to do this, though with some dedication, we can say: yes we can!

Thank you for inviting me to this awsome race Bart :D i'm more then impressed, that we managed to fight our way back in the race and end up at 4 place. Know that i'm ready to do it again anytime :cheers:

Back