Which GT presentation do you like most?

• GT5 Prologue

• GT6

Results are only viewable after voting.

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Note: This thread isnt going to argue about which feature is superior or such. Obviously GT6 is the clear winner. We talk about the presentation it offers.

While GT5 is arguably also "calm", the prologue is where the core at. It features a much calmer soundtrack, heavier enviroment, and the main menu that shows your cars in various interesting landscapes. While some critisized for being too serious at the time, it does look very pretty especially when we were looking at it on the launch date.

Meanwhile, GT6 is much more utilitarian. It has a much lighter enviroment and soundtrack and faster access and loading. It does however, miss some of stuff like that GT5P main menu. Thankfully, you can still see the detail of your car on the gallery view, although sadly its enviroment is fixed.

So, which of these presentation do you like, especially for the future GT?

It's a tough comparison as GT6 has 10x the cars to display.

I do like the Dealership in GT5P. The cars are larger and showed the Tuned models. In the Showroom.

GT6 just seems like display cards. Baseball collector cards. Just to flip through.

In GT5P, I could at least stare at each model with the option of clicking onto the car. In GT6, you have to click Gallery in order to see a detailed view. In GT5P, the gallery view IS the normal view. Plus, too much clutter in the GT6 Showroom.

I like the GT5P presentation.

I've always had a softspot for GT5P's menus. It just feels so mature, soothing, and ultimately has that Gran Turismo feel. GT6's menu is very quick, but it lost the feeling. GT5P fo sho.

The most I like from gt5 prologue is :
The Video in the menu with your car..
Sometimes I use to relax watching my selected car and hearing the jazz music in the menu!

The best menu : GT5P, the best gallery view : GT5, the best GUI : GT6 ( quick and simple ). What we need is a theme option in GT6, make it so we can use GT5P menu ( cars showcase ) if we wish to and add more gallery view from GT5.

GT5P presents itself in a much prettier way than GT6 does, hands down. It's not like GT5P was Sony shouting "Look how pretty PS3 games are!" oh.. hang on...
I will say GT6 is much easier to use, and more modern, but GT5P is certainly nicer to look at/listen to.

GT5P is far more appealing with showcase of car in beautiful places. But PS3 is short of memory and therefore the biggest nonsence in GUI is now present in GT6 even after stripdown - inability to change player's car when circuit is loaded. It's necessary to unload the circuit and get back to menu to change a car. That's... grrrrr!

GT5P menus with the car you're using in the background was just beautiful and elegant.

I'm a big fan of showing the cars in an environment, but if it makes the menu slower to load then I prefer the style of GT6.

However, it could be used as an optional "demo" that starts if you're unactive in the menu for a certain time. Like a screensaver.

When it comes down to the layout, i would go with GT5P. I also liked the Physics, the way the car drives in GT5P more than i did in GT6. Gave me more of a "nogalistic feel" or however you spell it.

Back