Round 24: 24 Hours Of Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter AJ
  • 151 comments
Well those of you who remember the Silverstone 4h. The race was set to be drenched but we didn't see a drop all weekend

Maybe it'll replicate this year's actual Spa 24H and have a million FCY moments while the track is constantly changing between wet and dry :P

2015 GTP Spa 24 Team Poster.png

@Gravitron - Team Manager
@Bleached - Driver
@OZ - Driver
@GTP_Patrick1 - Driver
@Whitetail - Driver
We're not expecting too much from ourselves pace wise this weekend, we're here to have fun and do the best we can within our own abilities. Lets have a fair, clean race this weekend and show respect to each other both on and off the track. See you all there!

For me personally, I just want to get this race over with now. Chances of back to back victories here are looking rather slim. On the whole, it has been a pretty bad season for me, I've had a lot going on outside of GT this year, and it's really eaten into my seat time throughout the season. I've made far too many mistakes and let anger during races get a grip too often, and more often than not it has been off-track incidents rather than on-track. Apart from the two wins RoR have had this year, nearly every other race has been a 'what if' race. Of course this goes to other teams aswell, but our teams results could and should look better than they do. The N24 was a big blow to us, 6 seconds covering a 60 point swing in the championship, and not in our favour. Hopefully this race will enable us to secure 2nd place in the GT3 championship and I'll give it my all to try and achieve this. While I would love to see this race as close as last year's race, I just don't see it happening. All I do know is, after the race, I have some long and tough choices to make.

Good luck to everyone taking part, and see you on track! :gtpflag:

I would like to wish good luck to all the teams that will be competing in the 24 Hours Of Spa!

I would like to wish good luck to @rcb929 @andrew1990 @Hayden norris and @Pedroeol who will be driving for GHH! Sadly I've had to pull out of this race due to personal issues but I have to thank the team, @HP, and @AJ for all being very understanding. Hope you four enjoy it and have a great race:).
I want to congratulate @HP as well for doing an outstanding job as a Team Manager of GHH in multiple classes and his dedication. He has been the guy that has been working hard behind the scenes to make sure everyone is ready and to give us all an emotional boost. When off the track, he's also done a great job as a commentator for many of the races this season, and interacts great with all the viewers. I'm sure it has been a long and sometimes bumpy ride for you along the way but now we have come all the way to the bittersweet ending of the season.
I'll see many of you in the stream and I cannot wait to see what will definitely be a thriller of a race! (With what's seeming to be rain in the mix it adds even more spice to the race;))

Again best of luck to all the teams and hope you all enjoy the final race of the season, we surely will be from the sidelines.

Since our debut in Tsukuba, we've had a 100% podium strike rate, 2 dominant wins, and now we're in a position to take the championship heading into the final round. Had you asked me if I thought being in this position was possible back in June, I would have laughed. However, having proved that we had the speed and consistency to take it to the best, I began to realise that it would be a long shot, but very possible. A 2nd at Tsukuba after starting nearly 2 laps down was an enormous result.

Luck was not on our side at Motegi with a DSC taking away the 40+ second lead which had been built up, and further troubles with consoles crashing cost us several laps. It was a race that got away, but somehow, we finished in 3rd place, a bullet dodged.

Then came Brands Hatch, and suddenly it was if we had struck pure gold. A dominant maiden victory made us firmly believe that this title fight was well and truly on.

I knew the others would fight back at Suzuka, and so it proved with for the first time so far, we were not on pole. Nevertheless, in the race, everything clicked to perfection, and a 3 lap win was brilliant, although we were certainly the luckiest out of all the teams that day.

And so, onto Spa. The race I've looked forward to most since gaining a GT300 franchise. 24 Hours, 4X the points and everything to play for. We've left nothing to chance and we are going for it. As Ayrton Senna said: "There is no compromise, you give everything you have, absolutely everything."

On a personal note, even if we don't win, I've had an absolute joy all year and these races will stick with me as fond memories for a long time to come. This car is, by a mile my favourite car on GT6 and it's been a pleasure to drive, with 3 pole positions in qualifying. It has been fantastic leading this team alongside some truly astonishing talent, and representing a brilliant community.

So, here's to one last rotation of the Earth of racing, and I wish Swift Autosport and Endurance Experience the very best of luck as we battle for the championship. Enjoy the race fellas.

image.jpg

Special thanks to @Beau Albert for the awesome poster, I suck at photo editing!

For me personally, I just want to get this race over with now. Chances of back to back victories here are looking rather slim. On the whole, it has been a pretty bad season for me, I've had a lot going on outside of GT this year, and it's really eaten into my seat time throughout the season. I've made far too many mistakes and let anger during races get a grip too often, and more often than not it has been off-track incidents rather than on-track. Apart from the two wins RoR have had this year, nearly every other race has been a 'what if' race. Of course this goes to other teams aswell, but our teams results could and should look better than they do. The N24 was a big blow to us, 6 seconds covering a 60 point swing in the championship, and not in our favour. Hopefully this race will enable us to secure 2nd place in the GT3 championship and I'll give it my all to try and achieve this. While I would love to see this race as close as last year's race, I just don't see it happening. All I do know is, after the race, I have some long and tough choices to make.

Good luck to everyone taking part, and see you on track! :gtpflag:
Hope you'll be around next year mate, it's been a fantastic couple of years trying to compete with you. You've definitely contributed to my determination to become a worthy adversary to GT Class racing. If this is indeed your final race on GT6 i'd like to personally thank you. 👍

Sooooo.... if ORA don't have drivers will happily help out... again... like the Nurb 24. But I suspect I won't be allowed to do that again lol.
Also plenty of guys who are keen to race who should get that seat, hopefully you guys get a full roster and put in a good show.

Sooooo.... if ORA don't have drivers will happily help out... again... like the Nurb 24. But I suspect I won't be allowed to do that again lol.
Also plenty of guys who are keen to race who should get that seat, hopefully you guys get a full roster and put in a good show.
What happened there man? Were you in two cars or maxed out in races or something?

Thanks for the kind words mate :) I'm hoping so too, last race of the year! Can't pull out now :P

I helped out GTR Blackhawks team in GT-Cup despite it being event cap for me, as they only had 2 drivers 20 minutes before race start; 4 when X_WTF-MAN_X and I joined up.
So AJ allowed me to fill stints for them just not score any points. So yeah 13 events so far and I dunno if AJ would let me again, besides you've got at least 24 hours to sort out some new drivers instead of 20 minutes lol.

Last edited:
Race day is finally upon us! Going to be an epic but extremely challenging 24 hour event, best of luck to all the teams and drivers in this event, will be awesome! I would like to give a very big thanks to @HP for the opportunity to drive at this brilliant track in this awesome team I'd also like to thank @rcb929 for the last minute tips he has given me, and a huge thanks to @AJ organising this whole series, looking forward to next season!!

As it comes down to the final race of the season. I would like to say thanks to AJ. This Endurance Series this has probably been the best year ever for me Racing on Gran Turismo. It has been a blast racing with all of you. I have made a lot of friends and met a lot of extremely fast drivers. There is also a lot of respect out on the track from all of you. Good luck to all from Venator Racing. Have fun guys.
image.png

Sorry for such short notice everyone but I need a single driver for today's race preferably gold or platinum but silver will do as well. Please PM me if you can do it.

Do we have any word on ORA's driver shortage as well?
By my count that is both ORA and Swift now short a driver with 75 minutes to the green.
I was just about to announce lol, for #62 ORA we now thankfully have a full roster. With a huge help from @xChris93_ and @Nail-27 stepping in to us, again thank you so much; a great crew put together I think now ;).

I wish the absolute best to all teams and drivers over the next day! It's finally here!! It's going to be a journey boys and girls lol. Can't wait to get going:gtpflag:

Back