RPanico14 Gallery [Spring 2012]

• Thread starter rpanico14
  • 333 comments
Very nice pictures. Just letting you know that you really should put a couple of pictures per post instead of a picture for each post.

Last edited:
a couple of pictures per post instead of a picture for each pic.
ashes...:ouch: yeah mate.:)

I really like your 908 too, I feel a little more capture of motion could push it even further.

The mercedes is great too although for me personally its too cool coloured, (thats just my taste though).

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback 👍

@ashes619 - I did mean to do that, but I'd already posted a few photos before I realised.

@R. S - I know what you mean, personally I feel it's too overexposed.

I think I have seen them shots before ;)
Stunning pictures there. There is a great deal of detail in all the shots. I just got to ask though. Are they edited?

5738402748_ccb541833f.jpg

The background is really cool. Is it smoke or rain?

@ashes619 - Thanks! They are lightly edited; the orginal photos were taken with cross-processing filter and +3 exposure, then in PS I just did a quick autocolour which increased the blue up a bit.

@kaede - Thank you, it's a little while since I did that photo, but from what I can remember the photo was taken with a Sepia filter in the rain with the brakes on. Then in PS I think I added a new filter (posssibly an orange diffuse glow, but not sure). Then I just used the smudge tool to exaggerate the spray.

Last edited:
@SMfan - thanks, I entered it into CCCL a few weeks ago. It didn't do quite as well in the poll as I hoped, I think maybe with other images around it, it can look a tad washed out. Which is why I like it, but doesn't help it to stand out! :indiff:

These are the two photos which I narrowed it down to for my final entry for this weeks 2.0 comp (theme - All Europe, All the time!). In the end I went for the photo on the left.

"Any car which holds together for more than a race is too heavy." Colin Chapman

Last edited:
Your Lexus set is :drool:... I like all the shots so far, your vignetting might be a tad overdone in a couple but the pics are still great. Good start and good comp entries too:tup:

Cheers! Thanks for the feedback too, I'll take it on board. Funnily enough I spent the least time on the Lexus shots, and very little editing; probably a sign of a good photo.

My favorite is probably the LMP with the wild colors and background, though I also really liked the Swift CCCL entry 👍 There was pretty tough competition that week though, I was one vote away from making it a 4 way tiebreaker! The narrow angle really captured London perfectly.

I think the 908 gets a lot more attention as the background really lifts if off the page, particularly if you compare it to something like the Swift :)

Thanks, I like it too but its a little bit patchy around the vignette around the rear wheels which sort of persuaded me to go with the other one.

I bought the Autobacs ARTA race car earlier and spent a little bit of time doing some edits with it earlier. The light spectrum photo takes a bit of inspiration from bmxmitch's RUF set, although I've had to downsize it a little as it was around 17000 pixels wide :boggled:

Great gallery! Love the Peugeot 908 and Merc CLK GTR shots. 👍

That rain shot is pretty cool too.

Thanks! I've updated the rain shot now by adding a trail from the rear tyre and some splashes to the road surface. Still a work in progress :D

Back