RSeat RS1 VS Sim-Lab P1

• Thread starter Sprocket
  • 12 comments
Denmark
Denmark
MortenCR
I'm looking at getting a new sim racing chassis. I'm currently torn between getting the RSeat RS1 with a Pro Pedal upgrade or the Sim-Lab P1 chassis and buying a Sparco seat locally. Please don't suggest any DIY solutions, as I'm not a DIY type of person.

I'd say buy the RSeat, while I don't own one (yet, but I will in the near future) it's more aesthetically pleasing and if you want to order one without a seat to buy a Sparco you ca (assuming it will fit). But thats just my 2c.

Jerome

Just got my RS1 Rseat last week. I'm very very happy with it. Got the Pro Pedal Upgrade and the N1 Shifter/Handbrake with it too. Very comfy and stable too. Can highly recommend it.

Ordered the RS1, white frame/black seat and managed to grab the last remaining Pro Pedal upgrade kit. The Sim-Lab P1 was very tempting, but it just looks too DIY'ish with those aluminium profiles, to have standing in the middle of my living room.

RS1 is fine until you upgrade to higher end setup like DD wheel, HE pedals.
When I had Fanatec stuff I was pretty happy with it. You can see that in this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/anyone-own-the-rs1-by-rseat.317730/#post-11767288

And how my thoughts have changed over time after upgrading some stuff.
Important thing is that 80/20 was not that popular back when I bought RS1.
Today I would suggest going 80/20 even if you don't use high end stuff because of adjustment options. Especially if your other option is P1!
Only drawback I can see that 80/20 assembly takes more time. It took me about 3 or 4 evenings to get everything configured exactly how I wanted (including triple monitor stand from Sim-lab).

Regarding the looks, I actually like it better than RS1:

lVQFxNl.jpg

To summarize the general feeling with Sim-lab P1 rig - I don't feel that rig is limiting my driving now. Which was the case with RS1.

To summarize the general feeling with Sim-lab P1 rig - I don't feel that rig is limiting my driving now. Which was the case with RS1.

I expect to buy the upcoming Fanatec direct drive wheel, but I will take a pass on those expensive custom pedals sets with ultra hard loadcells and hydraulic brakes etc. I saw Shawn from the SimPit using a Bodnar DD wheel with the RS1, a combo he seems perfectly happy with. So the RS1 can definitely cope with the forces from a DD wheel.
But to be honest, I'm simply no longer hardcore or dedicated enough, to have and overbuilt rig such as the Sim-Lab P1 on display in my living room. I have no doubt the P1or 80/20 profile cockpits in general, are the best solutions for the most competetive and hardcore drivers, who spends many hours a day in the rig, and wants the ability to adjust everything down to the nearest millimeter. But for everyone else, I think the RSeat RS1 will prove just as solid, plus it is a simpler, better looking and less expensive solution.

Not to argue here as I understand that the needs may differ. Pretty sure you will be happy with the RS1.
On a side note regarding reviewers - they get this stuff for free for the most part. We don't know exactly what's the deal in these cases.
Sometimes they give raving reviews for stuff that looks like either paid content or they don't know what they're talking about

I agree, regarding reviewers.

The P1 rig though, doesn't seem like a rig you'd mount a Thrustmaster T300RS on to play Gran Turismo Sport for 3 or 4 hours a week. It's a bit too overkill for that. For my personal needs, I want something where I can mount a PS4 compatible wheel and swap it out with a Fanatec Clubsport/DD wheel, when I get the itch to fire up my gaming PC.

Hi Peeps,

I just purchased an N1 RSEAT for my PS4 But I really need some help and direction as to which one to buy as I've read elsewhere that they are hard to acquire in Australia and I'm also not sure which model to buy.

Does anyone here have any experience?

Cheers...

I ended up buying both the RSeat RS1 and the Sim-Lab P1, which I'm currently building. Will use the Rseat for the PS4/GT Sport and the P1 for the PC.

Back