Ruf CTR 'Yellowbird' 2017 30th anniversary

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 44 comments
Um...this is car news and has nothing to do with Gran Turismo or any game for that matter.

A news article on the front page links to this thread.

636145857487367206-173054611_Brace_yourselves.jpg

Wow, that looks a lot like the original Yellowbird and it's giving me a Singer 911 vibe to it. Though, it's a lot more crazy than a Singer 911.

Spec sheet says 19" wheels, but they look much bigger than that... makes it look a bit hotwheels to me.

They do look huge, but we tend to forget how compact the 'classic' 911 is. The regular 964 only had 16" wheels. The Turbo S had 18"s but they were 3-piece wheels based on the Carrera Cup style so visually were all rim. These are all spoke which visually makes them appear bigger.

This will be a million dollar car at least....

Resurrecting a Legendary name, limited edition, special development... If Singer is close to half a million... No reason for this to be exceptionally out of reach for mere mortals...

I do want this to be in the GTS.

Singers are more around $200,000-$400,000 depending on what the customer wants, according to Evo.

These will be 750,000Euros, but a source at Rennlist said Alois plans to tailor the cars to each client, so we won't be seeing a full line of "Yellow"birds with waaay too much alcantara interiors.

Interestingly it looks to have a longer wheel base than a 'regular' classic 911. The fronts look to have been pushed further forward and rears moved back even more so. Should make it a bit tamer.

View attachment 632517

I thought it looked a bit disproportionate. I do like the period look of the "older" Yellowbird far more. There's no denying this new one is pure madness though, based on the specs alone.

Still don't quite like the front indicating lights, they're not growing on me yet.
It grew on me in a matter of seconds.

Exploitation of nostalgia for immense $$$.

Really dude? Extremely limited production. The specs are vastly, vastly improved. Some would say overkill. It's not a Porsche look-alike at this point. It's complete insanity, built from the ground-up.

There's also the fact that you
A. don't have the money
B. Need not spend it on such a priceless piece.

Last edited:
Back