RUF Yellowbird Nordschleife wheel+ pedalcam G27/fun/Heel+Toe/drift

• Thread starter yellowbird
  • 25 comments
e-c-c-o-88

Having fun with the Ruf CTR (Yellowbird)
No Tuning and Setup at all,
Car is totally stock.
Driven with G27 with H-Shifting,
All driving aids are off, except ABS=1
Everything set to "real"
Stock "Sport Hard"-tyres.
time: ~7:43

This Car is just a beast and for me the most difficult, but best car to drive
in GT5. Pure fun !

Hope you enjoy the ride !

my record is 7.36 with this settings.

only screenvideo

Last edited:
thank you very much :) u guys should drive that car more often. if u can control this one, u can control every car i guess :)

thank you, your feedback makes me happy :) guess i will make a REAL video of the REAL nordschleife, when i get there next time in about 1-3 weeks, and share it with you here :) unfortunately the real car will then not be a Ruf but a quick ff-racecar :)

already tried, yes, but it is kind a difficult for me to control the point shortly before the wheels are locking. in real life i can do it, but in the logitech pedals and wheel i can not feel it good enough. i can drive this way, sure but im a bit slower then.
how do YOU do that ?

i often brake until the wheels shortly lock and then release the brake a bit, but that often results in a crash because i am still too fast for a corner :)

will try it out some more in future :)

Are you Stephan Roser? :lol:

Congratulations, man. I wish I could control a car the way you do.

Nice sliding there :D Do you have any time on comfort softs??
I tried it with CS and no tuning, only ABS a few months ago and i got 8.13.
edit(thinking about it im not sure if it was comfort soft/medium:ouch: but defently 8.13)

Really fun car 👍

haha, no i'm not stefan roser, but would be a dream for me, if he would drive me over the nürburgring in any RUF.

no, sorry , got no time with comfort softs, but can try it with them soon. for streetcars i mostly use the stock tyres which come with the car, and i tested it out with the real video, where Stefan Roser drives this car like hell over the Nordschleife and in the curves, sports hard tyres seemed to me also that they are the closest tyres compared to the real tyres they mounted on that thing.
i gues a 8.13 is not bad with CS, un about 1-2 weeks i can test how quick i am with them, but i also think this car has way too much power for comfort tyres :)

already tried, yes, but it is kind a difficult for me to control the point shortly before the wheels are locking. in real life i can do it, but in the logitech pedals and wheel i can not feel it good enough. i can drive this way, sure but im a bit slower then.
how do YOU do that ?

i often brake until the wheels shortly lock and then release the brake a bit, but that often results in a crash because i am still too fast for a corner :)

will try it out some more in future :)

I drive without ABS and the key to it is to just keep playing without ABS....in the beginning it's very hard and no matter what you do, you either lock the wheels or you brake VERY carefully, resulting in either crashing due to not braking hard enough OR a very early braking because you're afraid to crash (and losing precious time for a fast lap).

I experienced this when i forced myself to play without ABS. It took me almost 2 months to be able to handle any car, slow or extremely fast, without ABS and i must say, now i drive without ABS it takes the game to a whole new level, it is very very fun.
As a matter of fact, i "can't" play with ABS = 1 anymore, it just feels unnatural. I am now 100% comfortable with ABS = 0. It just takes time to get used to it.

So i highly suggest you to force yourself to play without ABS, stick with it and eventually you'll get rewarded with a lot of more fun with the game.

PS: i think playing without ABS is only do-able for wheel/pedal users. DS3 controllers will have a much much harder time to learn no-ABS driving, so if one plays with DS3, i suggest to just keep ABS = 1.

Last edited:
I drive without ABS and the key to it is to just keep playing without ABS....in the beginning it's very hard and no matter what you do, you either lock the wheels or you brake VERY carefully, resulting in either crashing due to not braking hard enough OR a very early braking because you're afraid to crash (and losing precious time for a fast lap).

I experienced this when i forced myself to play without ABS. It took me almost 2 months to be able to handle any car, slow or extremely fast, without ABS and i must say, now i drive without ABS it takes the game to a whole new level, it is very very fun.
As a matter of fact, i "can't" play with ABS = 1 anymore, it just feels unnatural. I am now 100% comfortable with ABS = 0. It just takes time to get used to it.

So i highly suggest you to force yourself to play without ABS, stick with it and eventually you'll get rewarded with a lot of more fun with the game.

PS: i think playing without ABS is only do-able for wheel/pedal users. DS3 controllers will have a much much harder time to learn no-ABS driving, so if one plays with DS3, i suggest to just keep ABS = 1.

Yeah, I like driving without ABS too, but only for realism, for cars that I know that don't have ABS in real life. I know that I'm slower than with ABS 1, but it's really fun to have to concentrate not to lock the wheels.

yellowbird
haha, no i'm not stefan roser, but would be a dream for me, if he would drive me over the nürburgring in any RUF.

no, sorry , got no time with comfort softs, but can try it with them soon. for streetcars i mostly use the stock tyres which come with the car, and i tested it out with the real video, where Stefan Roser drives this car like hell over the Nordschleife and in the curves, sports hard tyres seemed to me also that they are the closest tyres compared to the real tyres they mounted on that thing.
i gues a 8.13 is not bad with CS, un about 1-2 weeks i can test how quick i am with them, but i also think this car has way too much power for comfort tyres

In my humble opinion Sport Hard have too much grip compared to tires from that time.

as i promised, a video of me driving on the real nordschleife with a race-modified fwd Opel Corsa OPC with 192+ hp on semislicks (Toyo R888).
the lap starts at around 0:44 on the Döttinger Höhe.

Have fun watching, will post this also in another thread.

Hey yellowbird! We still haven't had that race, remember? Stock Yellowbirds.

Add me, my psn is OK8_

I agree with everything you said. Doesn't really add anything to ds3 racers since it's so hard, but with pedals it adds a new element. It's sometimes frustrating to play against racers who use ABS since it's so hard to pull off out braking maneuvres (and you can easily get out braked yourself, like I did many times in my new Suzuka battle video) but when everyone is racing without ABS your bravery is rewarded and outbraking is possible.

I too can no longer drive with abs=1. I'm still pumping the pedal as I would without abs but just makes braking less effective.

Last edited:
Beautiful driving in both videos. I'm more impressed with the Opel one TBH, as you were pushing pretty damn hard considering you had death in the backseat and a girl in the front.

Well done 👍

yellowbird
as i promised, a video of me driving on the real nordschleife with a race-modified fwd Opel Corsa OPC with 192+ hp on semislicks (Toyo R888).
the lap starts at around 0:44 on the Döttinger Höhe.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLamC0tDwtE">YouTube Link</a>

Have fun watching, will post this also in another thread.

Nice driving man 👍

Whoa...

Both videos are fantastic man... Amazing drive on GT5, fantastic. And great job with the little Opel :)

Nice driving in both. Quick question: How important would you say semislicks are for driving at the Nurburgring? I drove there a year ago but on full road ("winter") tyres and had nothing like the grip that others seemed to have over me. Is it worth investing in proper tyres for next time? Do they make enough of a difference? I assume they do but having never driven on them, would love to hear from someone who has 👍

Thanks everyone for the comments !
@ OK8
I am not often playing gt5 right now due to my study, but next weekend i'll be at home, where my ps3 is waiting for some rounds. will definately add you then, i noted that !

@ MrDinosaw94
I did not put really hard, i just drove on about 80 %, but that car did not belong to me and i did not want to crash it or get me and my passenger in danger (which was my girlfriend btw, she loves it when i take her with me and she can enjoy the ride "that's better than any rollercoaster !") i shifted a bit earlier than i could and braked earlier, so that i still could brake a bit INside of a corner. the nordschleife in real is not as in gt5. it is pretty good rebuild in gt5 and good for learning the layout of the track and in no game/simulution it is better modelled than in gt5. But the track is much harder in real as there are some other corners where the car oversteers, and in gt5 the corner is damn easy. i know how dangerous the nordschleife is, on almost every day i was there i've seen crashes and heard about injured people. even last sunday there was a big big crash with many cars (even the bmw ringtaxi was involved) and i heared that at least 2 people were injured really hard.

@ Andil
yes semislicks give you more grip, i would compare it to gt5 as from comfort soft to sports hard tyres. but first the semislicks must be a little bit more warm, they are also a bit better to control, they scream a bit shortly before you loose grip. but i would not put on semislicks on your private car if u dont drive really often on that track. and also dont forget that many cars there also know the track much better or just push harder than you or have a better suspension. the opc i drove had not the standard opc suspension, but a suspension optimised especially for the nordschleife by a real racing driver and team. This car is ONLY driven on the ring, not on any other road or in every day use.
semislicks give u a little bit more grip in corners and you can feel the difference but i would only put them on a car which often sees a racetrack.

Cheers for the reply! Not thinking of putting semislicks on my car, but would look to hire a race-spec car next time i'm at the ring, so just wanted to know the difference since it'll be fitted with them. I know the track but not the level of grip depending on the type of tyre - thanks again 👍

Also mentioning how challenging the circuit is irl - gt5 is a good representation, but you don't see or feel the huge incline and falling away of some corners. The up and down of the circuit is the most exhilerating part - and yes, the circuit is so so dangerous. Every lap I went round, there were crashed cars. Two actually died on the weekend I was there last - an impreza rolled over the barrier at Flugplatz. A friend also stuck his impreza into the barrier just after the corkscrew - not a good weekend for subarus!

Anyway, /threadhijack over haha, sorry :D

Last edited:
Back