Ruf

  • Thread starter Thread starter dasovich
  • 24 comments
  • 1,564 views
Messages
11
Messages
boosted_busa
to buy the yellowbird or to not buy it. thats the question. i have bairly enough money to .but will i use this car a lot in the long run? do you guys like your yellow birds
 
Well, at the risk of turning this into a Marketplace-type thread... buy it!

If you don't like it then contact me via PM here (or via PSN) and I'll gladly swap it for something!
 
alright thanks for the heads up and giving me an option ;)
 
Hmm, if you like going backwards in a huge cloud of smoke and ending up upside down against a tree, YES.

However, there are many threads on tuning (make that TAMING) this car, I suggest you do a bit of homework and read existing threads on this car before making your decision.

Some people love it for it's precarious nature, others find it impossible to drive..
 
Use it in the career mode? Probably not. I can't think of any race series that it's suitable for, I don't think there is a Boxer challenge like in GT of old. Even if there was the CTR2 would be better.

It's a car no garage should be without for the joy of driving though. But if your funds are low it seems silly to plough so much in when you could probably do with them for essential cars and upgrades. It will show up again at some point.
 
well if i dont buy it i assume il see it again. this is the second time i have seen it just today in the used lot and fourth time this week.
 
All RUF's are a must in a GT5 garage! Buy it!
 
All RUF's are a must in a GT5 garage! Buy it!

Precisely this. Ignore Clarkson and his complaints about "the whole a*** endedness" of them... buy them!
 
so bought the car driving it now. its pretty wild fun to drive not sure if il keep it in the end though
 
The RUF 3400 Boxster isn't anything special IMO......Doesn't drive super great but I bought it anyway. All 3 times, I saw it in mustard yellow. I took a grey from one of the vws I won in A Spec and changed the colour. Its a lot nicer now IMO. haha

The CTR2 is feels like it drives on rails. They Yellowbird is like a wild beast which is hard to control (I don't have a steering wheel).

in terms of RUF cars, there are only 3 right?

CTR2
3400
Yellowbird
 
aaaaaah........i gotta keep racing to make more $$$$. 👍
 
RGT = 130 / 140,000
BGT = 85 / 90,000

I can't remember exactly how much they cost, but that's roughly what they are.

You could always look in the trade section and maybe make a deal with someone..???
 
No, there's also:

RGT
BGT

BTR

Use it in the career mode? Probably not. I can't think of any race series that it's suitable for, I don't think there is a Boxer challenge like in GT of old. Even if there was the CTR2 would be better.

It's a car no garage should be without for the joy of driving though. But if your funds are low it seems silly to plough so much in when you could probably do with them for essential cars and upgrades. It will show up again at some point.
Yeah, the older Rufs in particular are definately worth having in your garage, I'm not keen on the RGT or 3400 personally. It might just be their GT4 models that are putting me off :) I'd really like to see some the existing Rufs as Premium along with more recent models like the CTR3, RGT-8 and the RT12.

You could use the Yellowbird for Schwartzwald A. I won without any trouble in my standard CTR (other than full suspension which I like to buy for every car I use often), both the Yellowbird and BTR should be more than enough too; incidently I prefer the BTR to the Yellowbird.
 
Last edited:
Tune it properly and it is a great car. There are a few threads with great ways to tune the car.
 
The RGT is a great car. It handles superbly.
 
I have a CTR2 and it is nice.
 
I've picked up three Rufs so far, and plan to get the rest as soon as I see 'em. If you're cool spending the money on it, do it.
 
I used the Yellowbird in both levels of the Schwarzwald (or whatever the spelling is) challenges, on both the A-Spec and B-Spec sides.
 
If you like Porsche in person, you should get it. I got all mine RUF already :)
 
Back