Rugby World Cup 2019-Japan

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 36 comments
Would have been good to see an all home nations/northern hemisphere final, but unfortunately Wales made too many handling errors and showed little creativity. South Africa didn't look fantastic either, so it bodes well for England on Saturday.

Would have been good to see an all home nations/northern hemisphere final, but unfortunately Wales made too many handling errors and showed little creativity. South Africa didn't look fantastic either, so it bodes well for England on Saturday.

I'm really not convinced South Africa's last penalty was valid (two South Africans were either in at the side or off feet) and that's not bias even though I'm sure you'll all take my words with a pinch of salt. :indiff:

Now it's time for the salt:

Falotaeu
Navidi
Anscombe
Jonathan Davies
Biggar
Hill
North

All knackered. Davies and Biggar lucky to feature at all in the knockout stages and were obviously not 100%. Halfpenny missed out on the 2015 World Cup due to injury and was again recovering from injury this time around.

Whatever it is, Wales are extremely unfortunate with injuries; if we could field our best XV two games in a row, we probably could have gone all the way. But as it was, with a third of the team crocked, I think we did exceptionally well. It's just extremely hurting to lose in our third semi-final and wonder what might have been had we had our strongest possible team.

On another day, South Africa would have been called offside time after time but that's their game plan and our handling errors in the first half just left us too big a mountain to climb.

Whatever happens on Friday, the Gatland era will be remembered fondly by the majority of Welsh fans. To manage a national team for 11 years and be very successful is quite something.

I honestly don't think Wales were that good this time around, we had a great win over Australia but apart from that it was all just above average.

The Final between England and South Africa is tomorrow at 9AM.

The Bronze medal match took place today and New Zealand beat Wales 40-17.

One thing is clear from watching the rugby final. Their implementation of VAR is night and day to footballs.

Deeply unhappy about the game this morning. On the day the better team won, but England played poorly. What a shambles.

Yep that was a walkover, England choked and South Africa put in an amazing performance.

Back