*Rumor* Gran Turismo 7 Prologue headed to PS4?

• Thread starter Zuku
  • 696 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been here since I think October or November last year. Starting posting again a couple of days ago.
Nothing has changed at all. Groundhog Day again and again.

I pop in once a week.

Another reason why PC's can cope with better graphics, anti-alias and all the other perks is because they have 10, 15 or 20gb installs and run solely off the system. Doing that for a games console isn't really possible and defeats the nature of the console itself.
Umm, you do realise that installs on the new consoles are 20-50GB right? Once you start a game almost the entirety of it is installed to the HDD and the disc is hardly read again, only used for verification much like many PC games. Saying that it isn't possible is very wrong, it is standard.

Yep the entire contents of the Blu-rays are being dumped to the HDD on consoles.
A feature that will surely end in a few years when 1TB blu-ray discs come out.
When games contain native 4k movie data/cutscenes...they will stay on the disc.

Yep the entire contents of the Blu-rays are being dumped to the HDD on consoles.
A feature that will surely end in a few years when 1TB blu-ray discs come out.
Well, the reason that game code is installed on hard drives is because HD reading is much faster, and with bigger games having much more data for the same amount of scenery, and just getting greater all the time, the need for faster data transfers will only grow. PS4 is leapfrogging this with clever data streaming, allowing game code and assets to be pre-loaded while loading screens are kicking in and the like, and then continuing to load while gameplay starts.

Ultimately, these game systems, as gaming PCs are headed right now, is to high capacity solid state drives, because the need for HD content in games is going to grow forever. I doubt optical drives will ever be fast enough on their own.

Well, the reason that game code is installed on hard drives is because HD reading is much faster, and with bigger games having much more data for the same amount of scenery, and just getting greater all the time, the need for faster data transfers will only grow. PS4 is leapfrogging this with clever data streaming, allowing game code and assets to be pre-loaded while loading screens are kicking in and the like, and then continuing to load while gameplay starts.

Ultimately, these game systems, as gaming PCs are headed right now, is to high capacity solid state drives, because the need for HD content in games is going to grow forever. I doubt optical drives will ever be fast enough on their own.
Sony need to release a 2TB model in time for December 2014. As I want to buy my PS4 by the end of the year and dont want to pay extra to upgrade it.
For PS5 I think due to game sizes they will go for 6TB+ HDD rather than say a 1TB SSD. Even if video data stays on disc. Still need room for digital downloads.

I was expecting to read a discussion about the possibilities of GT7P... Imagine my disappointment. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back