Rumour: Yamauchi won't talk about GT5 at E3 !!

Ok, who lives closest to Amar? Somebody better kill that guy, if he won't attempt suicide that is...

This is simply not acceptable at GTPlanet, particularly not against a user who has provided such great information.

I 2nd that big time.

It is highly possible that the NASCAR deal if relatively recent thru a monkey wrench into the whole plan for GT5.

Poor Yamauchi was so looking lost in the stage. :lol:

He really ain't 'show-guy'... heh, maybe that's why he thinks it's better be quiet, if you can't be like Conan O'Brien. Actually, he looked so uncomfort at stage, that it remind like acting. Maybe he has some big things in his head, and it's hard to be without shouting it to the world!

Kaz did not have to talk in the end. The trailer did all the talking we needed. He didnt have to sell the game to the players like Microsoft did with Forza 3. Kaz blew everyone away with it and I have huge respect for him keeping everything underwraps. It shows how desperete developers are to show off their games with tons of Information and Ridiculas Quotes of being the Best Racing Title to be available to the open Console Market. Expect to hear more about this nearer to the time of Gran Turismo PSP Release.

Some people do realize that some courses are partially done on old airport runways, right? This does include the Top Gear test track.

I'll just quote myself here.

Come on man wake up and smell the huge delay in the release date.

Even interactive periphials will be out next spring.

When will GT5 release, Duh..Uh one of these days Alice.

wow i take back what i said about gt5 and darn it, i will NOT get myself forza 3, even if i have to wait for another year for GT5.

PD and GT forever!

CHris

Another year? That's a bit excessive. :sly:

Love GT and all, but if that's really all we're getting..my PS3 is biting the dust.

What we were given today was a 3 minute trailer... :rolleyes:

Still no release date for GT5--or even a best-guess timetable on its release.

But, oh, we do know GT for PSP will be out in October 👍
and that apparently Polyphony has been devoting a significant amount of resources to its development (800 cars--WTF? and 35 tracks).

Ridiculous

Don't own a PSP and probably never will, not even in light of the fact that GT for the PSP will probably be out several months (hopefully not a year?) before GT5.

Sony's got their collective panties in a wad trying to top Nintendo in the portable "entertainment" device market, and they've probably coerced PD into bringing out GT for the PSP in the hopes that it will help them sell hand-helds as it has helped them sell consoles in the past. And you know what, Kaz either caved in due to the pressure, or--God please tell me this is not the case--he actually thinks "The Real Driving Simulator" is a good fit for a hand-held with a 4"x3" screen :dunce:

Ridiculous all the way around...

Nascar and PSP, this is what has been holding up GT5 :grumpy:

and that apparently Polyphony has been devoting a significant amount of resources to its development (800 cars--WTF? and 35 tracks).

Ridiculous

Don't own a PSP and probably never will, not even in light of the fact that GT for the PSP will probably be out several months (hopefully not a year?) before GT5.

Sony's got their collective panties in a wad trying to top Nintendo in the portable "entertainment" device market, and they've probably coerced PD into bringing out GT for the PSP in the hopes that it will help them sell hand-helds as it has helped them sell consoles in the past. And you know what, Kaz either caved in due to the pressure, or--God please tell me this is not the case--he actually thinks "The Real Driving Simulator" is a good fit for a hand-held with a 4"x3" screen :dunce:

You hit it right on the money hoss.
Judging from Kaz's presentation today, he had to cave to the pressure.
He could'nt even smile until the end and even then it looked have hearted and forced.

Ridiculous

100% correct, and still missing a few things...

Big disappointment, seriously. I don't have a PSP and probably won't ever have one. But I did spent $400 for a PS3 and $350 for a G25, and a couple days and sweat making a whole entertainment center for my room. And I have that boring Prolouge game to play.

Are you guys still F ing complaining!!!!!

Get a life FFS

We have Damage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are pathetic

Get a life FFS

you guys are pathetic

I agree with you TiZzla!!! It doesn't matter what PD gives us, there will still be complaining!! I just want the game, the sooner the better.👍

Get a life FFS

you guys are pathetic

You don't have squat. I guess you're going to play the video they showed today and call that a game. Call us back in a couple more years.

"TiZzla

Get a life FFS

you guys are pathetic"

^ +1 You all got your "GT5 at E3"! You got damage, night racing, rally, nascar.. infact you got a ******** more than you expected or asked for and yet you still whinge?!?!

I'm starting to believe that no matter what happens some of you guys are just habitual whingers.

Look at what was offered compared to the Forza3 offering and PD in one short video, has made the MS offering look outdated and clunky.

Respect where due. Its a game.

Or some people will always hate Sony period....

If people complaining stops you from doing anything....you're right...

BTW, watch out for Forza fanboys.

We were all expecting a release date, and info on the game. A presentation maybe. All we got was a gimmicky trailer. What's the big deal here? KY and PD are slacking big time, everyone agrees. They have two more days left.

I'm confident they'll give us something...not just this video.

WRC! WRC! WRC! WRC! How many times do you want me to keep saying WRC?

I'm staggered.

WRC at night with damage. Pinch me.

Nascar, like many I could care less about, but who knows PD might spark my interest enough to at least tolerate it.

I was so worried about Rally not being included. I'm elated.

Now, we just have to wait 6 months to a year to pick up the game!

;)

At what point would it be OK to complain ? It was originally due for 2008 release I think? It's just as easy to take the smart arse high ground and tell people to stop complaining.

At what point would it be OK to complain ? It was originally due for 2008 release I think? It's just as easy to take the smart arse high ground and tell people to stop complaining.

My sentiments exactly.

If you're disappointed with something, then you're disappointed. How is that even up for debate now? :odd:

I have said it once and I will say it again. This wait for GT5 is NOTHING compared to the wait between SFIII and SFIV. Or the wait for the Red Sox to win the World Series. And guess what neither of those franchises fans lost hope or gave up. Come on guys we are better than this. Honestly some people say that the wait for GT5 makes them loose interest in the game, but to me it only makes me more pumped for what they will actually include. We have damage, WRC, Nascar, LMS, great road cars like Ferrari, drift cars, tuned cars, classic cars, concept car, world famous tracks, some new ones, and some original ones. Considering GT5 is a ways off just imagine what they will add next. If it does not come out before E3 2010, image what that trailer will be like?

"TiZzla

Get a life FFS

you guys are pathetic"

^ +1 You all got your "GT5 at E3"! You got damage, night racing, rally, nascar.. infact you got a ******** more than you expected or asked for and yet you still whinge?!?!

I'm starting to believe that no matter what happens some of you guys are just habitual whingers.

Look at what was offered compared to the Forza3 offering and PD in one short video, has made the MS offering look outdated and clunky.

Respect where due. Its a game.

Please tell me where your copy of the GAME GT5 is and where you got it.

You must have it, since you claim to have damage.

Our posts have nothing to do with FM3. Rather, we are speculating on when the game may actually be released. You know the game GT5.

Since you appear unable to grasp that, I must conclude you are not playing with a full deck.

And complaining gets you what? If it did any good, i would be complaining everyday!
There are a few very negative people on here!(makes me wonder)

Please tell me where your copy of the GAME GT5 is and where you got it.

You must have it, since you claim to have damage.

Our posts have nothing to do with FM3. Rather, we are speculating on when the game may actually be released. You know the game GT5.

Since you appear unable to grasp that, I must conclude you are not playing with a full deck.

Pffff, why do i waste my time

Why dont you make a thread thats just for complaining/whining/whinging/crying

And you can all cry together and comfort eachother

Reventón;3414909
They just showed us damage in this trailer. Nobody needs the game to see that.

This is unbelievable.
You don't have anything, until you get the game!
Do you really mean to tell me that you don't understand that.

This is unbelievable.

So, you just pretty much disregard anything in the trailer, then.

Hey guys, remember, we don't have the game, so Nascar must not be in. :dunce:

This is unbelievable.

Well... i don't either tbh... damage was shown on two cars, the Subaru WRC and a Nascar that started spinning. So, to me, that shows damage. They call that logic by the way... :sly:

I've never been one of the people on the forum who threatens to walk away from the GT franchise if they don't include damage, weather, night racing, etc.

What I want is quite simple--a full GT game to follow up on GT4 :)

Is that so much to ask?

I'm not asking for the perfection that PD (claim) to aspire to (see GT4's arcade-like physics, and totally unrealistic tire wear as well as GT5P's tire modeling).

All I'm asking for is...250/300 cars (hopefully the majority of which would be race cars of some type), the same tracks we had in GT4, and online racing.
I would be tickled to death with that. If we just had that much, then as far as I'm concerned, PD could spend another year or so--or couple of years for that matter--giving us what--one or two add-on cars per month and a new track every month or two? I don't have to have damage, weather or the licensed race series like WRC or NASCAR.

If Prologue has managed to keep people occupied (barely, most people are getting pretty bored with it now) for over a year now, wouldn't a game on the scale I described above keep them (us) occupied for at least another year? I don't need GT5 to be the best game ever made, with every single car I've ever wished or hoped for included. I would just like a full game with more cars and tracks to be included sometime before the end of this decade--literally. This is quite a statement when you think about it, but it's true--if GT5 is not released by December 31st, 2009, there will have been only 2 "Full" GT games released this decade: GT3 and GT4 :boggled:

I would be interested to know how long the PSP GT version was in development. I assume it was within the past year. So, Kaz was willing to put his "perfectionist" stamp of approval on the PSP version which has been in development how long? A year maybe? I know the PSP and PS3 are different platforms and the development times required are probably not on the same scale but, nevertheless, PD had the time to develop a PSP version with 800 cars and 35 tracks presumably in the time between Prologue's release and the release of GT5. I find it hard to believe that the development of the PSP version has not had a dramatic effect on the timetable of GT5's release.

Polyphony are obviously quite good at what they do, but they are not a huge company, and there is no doubt that working on two large projects at the same time has probably stretched them a little thin. Hopefully, now the staff that were working on the PSP version can be devoted to helping expedite the release of GT5.

Just sick of the waiting... :yuck:

Guess I'll quit my "whining" for a while :lol:

Who do I think I am anyway? I guess I must think I'm special or something.
What right do I have to expect more than 2 FULL GT games should be released in any ONE DECADE? 2 games per decade sounds like a reasonable pace to me :lol: :dunce: (and don't tell me I shouldn't complain because some people waited 12 years for a new Street Fighter game...I don't care)

Back