Running.

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 77 comments
I dont run heaps long distance but I can do 800m (bout 1/2 mile) in 2 minutes flat and 400m in around 52 i think, its being a while though so Im either gonna be faster (Ive grown) or slower from being outta practise.

Originally posted by Concept
My best mile was something like 5:20. I've never done anything longer.

If you're not a regular runner, 5:20 is pretty impressive. You should look into joining track.

I've just started running on a treadmill in my school's weight room, and I normally can run 1.5 miles in under 14 minutes, and do a mile in under 8 minutes. May not be too impressive, but in September I could barely run for 5 minutes at a slow pace (maybe 4 or 5 mph). I'd run outside, but you have to be mad to run in Toronto right now :lol:

Damn, some fast people in here, when I was running in High School I was able to do 5:30 mile times without much effort but that was about my fastest. I did CC and Track but for Track I was in the 800, Mile and 2 Mile events. Sometimes I did a 220 hurdle event or the mile relay. Today I'm not a runner much but I do miss it(no one to run with :( ).

40 yards? :lol: try at least 100 yard dash, I loved that event even though I'm a long distance runner, I loved the rush I got from sprinting. Now that's NOS baby!

Why is running a 40 laughable? I think a 4.6 is very good. It's faster than the national average for teens my age.

I'm so slow and out of shape that, if I could run for more than 500 feet, I'd take close to 7 min to complete a mile.

Edit: maybe that's not too bad, I dunno. I run about 12.73 fps.

A 7 minute mile isn't bad. It's not like you're competing for the world championship or anything.

An update for me:
Track season has now started. This year, I'm dropping the two mile. I figure I owe it to myself since I've been running distance for the past 4 years, and I'm in my senior year of high school now. I'm going to do the mile, and the 4x800m relay. Right now my times are looking very bad, much worse than last year. But hopefully I'll get back into sub-5:00 mile form soon.

Heh, you call that out of shape? I barely break 5:30 when I'm in good shape. I'll be the happiest man alive if I ever break 5:00. :P

Funny, we don't have 4x800 relays around here... the longest are 4x400. We do have the 800. 1600, and 3200 though, of course. I really can't stand the 2 mile... 8 laps around the track is just tedious.

Really? The 4x800 is one of the most exciting events around here. It is my favorite event, and usually the one with the most people watching it.

As for my times, I'm around 5:20 for the mile at the moment. Hopefully that'll change as we've only had 2 weeks of practice so far.This cold weather and my lungs don't mix. I can't wait for the weather to warm up.

Well, that's another difference... the CIF opens our season back in late January, so I've had plenty of practice already. Also, it's too hot here – high 80s, low 90s when we're practicing, and this is considered cool weather.

Meets around here aren't particularly spectacular. The mile and the 4x400 get the most attention, just because they're usually the first and last races (respectively).

I'm a 16:30 5ker (on the track), and about 16:50 XC 5K, 4:43 mile 9:59 2mile, 2:05 800. Just started college, too bad I"m out of commision. The rest of my team is at a meet right this minute, but I 'm stuck here at the dorm watching all the hungover people stumble about.

I run for CU. Beat that? I didn't think so. Top #5 running schools in the nation. 4:33 mile time in H.S. at elevation. All your steps are belong to me.

Uh, congratulations. Next time if you present your info in a non arrogent dickhole kind of way, maybe I'll actually care. 4:33 isn't all that fast for going to one of the best running schools in the nation, I hope you're running something other than the mile there. My running days are coming to an end I think. In my last year of track, I ran a 4:39 mile. I haven't run since and I'm up to a half pack-pack a day.

Back