Russian Gran Turismo Players Caught Up in Government Block of Messaging App

Playstation Russia has admitted the problem (oh, finally) and said they're 'analysing the situation'. They should figure something out if they care about their customers (I guess they'll contact Roskomnadzor and request to unlock their IPs). GT Sport players aren't the only ones who are affected. People have problems connecting with servers of Fortnite, Destiny 2, Rocket League... I also tried Project CARS 2 on PS4 - can't access community lap times.

Some problems also had occured with non-PSN online games (PUBG, Battlefield, War Thunder, etc) but AFAIK most of them are resolved. I'm playing War Thunder now, nothing wrong.

Keep calm. We will win.

Some problems also had occured with non-PSN online games
They ban mobile steam for me :lol: Gov ban millions IPs, few banks here has serious problems with online services and ATMs(most Russians still use cash for retail purchases). Telegram still working like a charm for most of us and even growing in Russian segment :lol:

We will win
Nope. Since October 2018 The Yarovya law will start working at full power. The Yarovya amendments require telecom providers to store the content of voice calls, data, images and text messages for 6 months, and the metadata on them (e.g. time, location, and sender and recipients of messages) for 3 years. Online services such as messaging services, email and social networks that use encrypted data are required to permit the Federal Security Service (FSB) to access and read their encrypted communications. Internet and telecom companies are required to disclose these communications and metadata, as well as "all other information necessary" to authorities on request and without a court order. All this will affect in drastic increase in costs of internet and telecom and ban for all social services that dont have servers in Russia.

IMO, we will see revolution in some form in next decade and thing will become even worse(like in Ukraine). World should do something about it, cause we dont need nationalists or some KimChenIn-like dictatorship with thermonuclear warfare.

I Like their Decision. they care about the safety of there people from terrorism. AND Russia can be what they want. AS the GOVERNMENT in the USA is what they are. You don't always have to agree but there's a reason THEY do what they do. You Go Russia, You Be You.

safety of there people from terrorism
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. This law is straight against constitution:
Chapter 2, Article 23, 2. Everyone shall have the right to privacy of correspondence, of telephone conversations, postal, telegraph and other messages. Limitations of this right shall be allowed only by court decision.
Internet and telecom companies are required to disclose these communications and metadata, as well as "all other information necessary" to authorities on request and without a court order.

This law doesnt have anything related to terrorism, cause, you know, terrorists doesnt need Telegram for communications. On other side we have opposition that is constantly under pressure in Russia that need that privacy and freedom of speech. Also, there are rumors that ban of Telegram connected with plans to start Durovs cryptocurrency, which is much faster than Bitcoin and Russian gov doesnt want decentralized uncontrolled currency.

Pn4FOZV-L_4.jpg

I logged in the game using VPN connection from my laptop. I'll be able to drive with AI, create/download liveries and save the game if I want. But I'll hold up buying PS+ subcription until this thing gets resolved.

There are lots of other online services affected by RKN's "carpet blockings", including even bank systems. So I think it won't last for too long.

Looks like it's over. Roskomnadzor has unlocked 7 million IPs that were blocked in attempts to block Telegram, and PSN services (including GTS) work fine without VPN again.
Coincidence or not, but it happened shortly after Putin spoke about the situation with Telegram ban - "Fighting against terrorism must not limitate freedoms of (our) citizens". So... democracy and common sense win this time.

I think I'll prolong my PS+ subscription soon. See you on the track. ;)

Latest Posts

Back